Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Already....

Where does the time go!!!  I have a feeling I'm not alone, feeling this way....

I've been spending a LOT of time ferrying my mother around.

DSCN0456    2

She's been going to physical therapy, 3X/week, so I've gotten a lot of reading done.  I've been reading the Miss Julia series by Ann Ross while we're there, they are laugh-out-loud funny.  I've startled the receptionists at therapy a number of times.

It's also time for flocks of old cars to come out of garages and show off.  Look what we parked next to today....

DSCN0455    2

It needed work, not sure it'll be in the Cruise or not.  Which we're anxiously waiting for...we like to see these old cars in large herds.  If you click on the link, you can see some of the 40,000 gorgeous rides.  I'm hoping for cooler weather this year.

In between reading and taking mum to PT, I've been working.

DSCN0457    2

Hope to show you soon!  If anyone out there has a Husqvarna Viking sewing machine, I would dearly love to know if you've been successful with any invisible thread...leave me a comment....my Designer 1 seems to loathe it.  It might just be the brand though, I've only tried the Sulky.  Let me know if you've successfully used something else.

And before I forget - I have to run out in the morning and get a copy of my driving record.  I have another job interview Monday morning, for a DREAM job, so prayer warriors, I'd appreciate it if you would pray for me!!!  This one has my brother spitting nails, he's so jealous.....*G*  See you soon!


21 comments:

B J Elder said...

Aren't those Julia books great? I love them too and have read several. Will have to reread once we get things out of storage.
Oooh, I will be praying for your dream job. Can't wait to hear all about it when the time comes.

Terra said...

I have read about 5 of the Miss Julia novels too, and there are lots of funny bits in them, I agree. Best wishes for your job interview, and prayers.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

So happy to see you posting. I hope the job interview goes well :-)

Sandra :) said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm driving record - bus driver? Police officer??!! Quilt police that goes door to door? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek lolol!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm going to have to check out that book series....laughing is good for my heart! Love the colors in the peek of your quilt.

Prayers from Texas!

Fiona said...

hope your mum (my surrogate) feels better soon.... all the best for the job interview... and your sewing looks lovely... I used the invisible thread once for applique - had no problems sewing it but didn't like the shine it gave.... don't remember which thread it was now.... like fine fishing line...
Hugz

Val Spiers said...

Your work looks great. Interesting fabrics. Good luck with the dream job.

valspierssews@gmail.com

loulee said...

Good luck with the interview.

Cathy said...

Hi Allie,
That car is great~ Love it and it's color~ My uncle and cousin use to show their old cars in car shows/drives all the time.

Hope your mom is getting better~ That is funny about laughing out loud with your book!

Can't wait to see your project. Don't know anything about that thread.

Hope you get this job if that is what you want!
Love always ♥♥♥

West Michigan Quilter said...

I haven't read any of the Miss Julia books and just put one on hold. I love to laugh. Your mom is cute. Hope shes feeling better. Good luck on that job interview. I'll be praying for you.

Terry said...

Good luck Monday! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! And I recognize that fabric! It's what I used for my gardeners journal quilt. I have it hanging right in front of me! :0)

Dolores said...

Good luck with the interview. I have seen some of those old cars cruising around recently too and once I looked at them I thought it was amazing that they used to be the 'norm.' Those things are seriously loooong. Waste of space now that we have gotten used to all those compact models. How did they park them? Then again, there were fewer people then, fewer cars, etc... Once again, say hi to your mom.

donna said...

I look forward to seeing what you are working on. That thread has always given me fits so I do not use it.
Good luck on your dream job.
Hugs
donna

~Laurie~ said...

Sending positive vibes to you for the job interview. Also, can't wait for you reveal of your new pattern!!

Agneta said...

Try altering the presser-foot tension, mine is usually on 4 but with invisible thread I put it on 3 or even 2½ .

Carrie P. said...

saying a prayer!
I have a Viking but have never used invisible thread. I think the brand does make a difference though.

Wendy said...

oh no, I'm behind on my blog reading so didn't get to wish you luck. I hope it all went well, fingers crossed for you.

I have a Husqvarna Viking, but not a fancy one, it's an Emerald 116 or 118 or something. It hates invisible thread, won't use it.

Vicki said...

Hi Allie, my internet isn't working so I have only just seen this post. How did the interview go? I really hope that it was successful. I am so happy to see you sewing again. I can't wait to see what you create. Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com

KaHolly said...

Thanks for the link to a new series of books!! I'm always looking for something good to read, and I love series!

Loralynn said...

Good luck on your interview! I'll have to look into those books...we can all use a little extra laughter!

Mama Pea said...

Hope the interview went well! Dream job, huh? Do tell!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...