Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer, Really???

It's unseasonably cool here today.

DSCN0438    2

67F right now, it feels like autumn.  It's making me feel very lazy.  I had to get out of bed last night to get my extra comforter!  And I did not want to get out of my cozy bed this morning.  But I did, and I'm so glad - we found a new church and just love it.

This afternoon, in lieu of taking a nap, I'm working on something fun.

DSCN0440    2

This is my own design, and will be for sale soon.  It's applique - and it's been so long since I've done applique, I traced it onto fusible web without reversing it.  Normally I'm working on stitchery projects, which don't need to be reversed, and completely forgot to do it!  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  It has nothing to do with age.

Of course my supervisor is making sure I don't mess up anymore....

DSCN0442    2

Gotta go.  Hermione is cracking the whip.  Have a blessed Sunday!




14 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm quite happy with the cooler weather and lack of humidity. Even with central air, the humidity just got to me. Looking forward to seeing more of your new project.

Fiona said...

the weather seems to be odd all over.. we have had a mild winter... looking
Hugz

WoolenSails said...

I can't wait to see what you are making, looks like an interesting project.

Debbie

B J Elder said...

So glad you have found a church that is a good fit. That is so important. We have cooled off to about 88 here today after a lot of 100+ days.
You were doing a mirror image piece, right? LOL

Carrie P. said...

send some of that cool weather down here.
oooo! can't wait to see what you are up to.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I don't mind this cooler weather. It has been raining here for three days (on and off). How about you? Getting any of that rain? Looking forward to seeing your new pattern. Your cat looks like my Mo!

Sandra :) said...

I'm loving this weather a LOT :D We were watching the weather channel tonight and it looks like we won't have to turn on the a/c for 2 weeks - YAY! Miss Hermione is looking lovelier than ever - please give her a kiss from Auntie Sandra :)

Karen Schurr said...

The cooler weather is all relative...here in southern VA when it cools down to the lower 80s, I get absolutely giddy :) Can't wait to see your new project. Happy sewing, Dear.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I don't like this cool weather. Not at all....*sigh*

I am so glad you found a church you love! That is such great news!

Vicki said...

Hi Allie, I'm excited to see what you will make. I'm sure it will be beautiful like all your other projects. Vicki

Val Spiers said...

Maybe you should have consulted Hermione before tracing your appliqué elements. I can't wait to see what it is. I love appliqué.

http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/
valspierssews@gmail.com

Melody said...

Looks very interesting.

mindingmomma said...

So happy that you found a church you love, we are still looking.

Liz said...

It's been cool up here, too. I think our high today is 68. But I'll take it over 90 any day! I'm sorry to hear about your mom - give her my best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...