Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oh Yeah, I Have A Blog....[Kinda Random]

how about that?!  Poor neglected little bloggy.  It's been a busy season - birthdays, baby showers, therapy appointments, my son totaled his car [he's fine, thank the Lord]....have to remember to BREATHE sometimes, right?  How is your Christmas stitching going?  I'm only making one thing, more about that later.

Remember the baby quilt I was making?

DSCN0145    2

Looked great on the design wall.  I really loved it.  Then I started putting it together, and remembered why I don't do piecing.  I'm rubbish at it!  No pics of the rows I put together, they're long gone.  I found a quilt I'd made awhile ago [couldn't find a pic of it!] and gave her that.

Mum and I went to Shirley's last week, and saw Shirley's dog Greta in her new coat - has fur trim around the hood, isn't that too much...

DSCN0164    2

Shirley had put some magnetic tape on the back of three quilts I made years ago, and put two of them on her fridge

DSCN0160    1

and one on her back [steel] door!

DSCN0161    2

Too funny, I'd forgotten I'd made all those quilts, I'm sure glad she's enjoying them!

This arrived in the mail from O'faigh, bless her, cannot WAIT to see what's in there....

DSCN0142    2

It may end up being the only thing I open on Christmas Day, since mum gave me my teapot early, and my son not only got me a Happy Light already in use but also a new wireless mouse, also in use.  Our family is awful about not being able to wait.

Remember these?

DSCN0169    2

Hubby made it to the Hostess outlet before it closed.  Yes, I have a big grin on my face.

So.  Back to the half-square triangles.  I took all the ones that weren't pink, and was going to put them together in a quilt for hubby.

DSCN0182    2

I. Never. Learn.  Not even the cupcakes made it better.  I was looking at my design wall today, thinking these blocks not only look awfully girly, but they also look wonkier than they should.  When he came home, I asked him if he thought it was too girly, and he said no until I mentioned that it was for him.  Then, they were too girly.

Out came the Liberated Quiltmaking book by Gwen Marston, and we're heading in a new direction....

DSCN0183    2

I'm having so much fun I can't stand it.  I hope you are as well.  Life has slowed down a bit, and since this is the only thing I'm making for Christmas, I hope to see you more often!  Be blessed!



30 comments:

Fiona said...

Allie I so miss your blog posts... that pinks is just too cute I am sure you are just tooooooo hard on yourself... who matches corners perfectly?????? I love the little mini quilts you made for Shirley .. .what fun ... I can just imagine dancing teapots and cups at your place... so glad your son is okay..... love you my friend...
Hugz

Karen said...

All those pink triangle blocks look fine to me. I think it would have been fine.

shez said...

i agree with Karen and isnt Lyn just the best,enjoy Allie.xx

Patricia said...

I have so missed your beautiful blog, Allie. And your son....on, my!!! So grateful he wasn't hurt...but his car. Oh, dear. Was it his fault? I insurance going to replace it? That doggie coat is too much!!!!! Love you so much! xox

sunny said...

hmmm....Allie. That name sounds familiar. Glad to see you back Girlie!!Glad your son is okay. Love the pink triangles. Cute little quilts at Shirley's.

Val said...

Well, I thought it looked great!!! So I am not the only one missing in action, huh?

MB in MI said...

Good to see you back! Glad things have settled down. And love the liberated quilt start!!

Brenda said...

Missed you Allie! I also think the pink looked good. Very pretty. Glad to have you back in the blogging world although I am lucky to post once a week myself. Just such a busy time of the year.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I LOVE all the pink HSTs! Glad your Son is OK. Our family can never wait to give gifts either lol.

Sue said...

Allie, I've forgotten how to even write a blog, I've neglected mine so much :/

Love the quilt! Love the dog with the fur on the coat. You should see the outfits our Amanda puts on her dog. She just bought him a parka! haha

Merry Christmas!
Sue

B J Elder said...

Glad you are doing a quilt form/pattern that you are more at ease with. When it is a chore it is hard to make a product we're happy with, when it is fun to do then things go better and we are much happier. I think you need to restock your chocolate supply though, it appears you are not getting enough of that "Vitamin C"!

KaHolly said...

Allie, Allie, Allie, you're too hard on yourself!! Shirley is a clever gal!! What a great idea! I don't really 'do' Christmas anymore, and when I'm traveling before the holidays, I say, "I don't really do Christmas, but if I did, this is what I'd give you." Then I pull out all the stuff I made and hand it out!! O'faigh.....she's one special cookie!!

Sandra :) said...

I'm so sorry the pink quilt didn't go well, but I know your pain - been there, done that, got rid of it and never looked back - who needs the stress??!?! Loving the black and white quilt - can't wait to see this one progressing! I have to agree that the previous incarnation was pretty girly, lol.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Loved this post. I giggled all the way through it. I can relate about that piecing. That's why I do wonky best! What a great idea of using magnets and putting quilts on the frig or door. I'm going to keep that in mind. I really have to get that Gwen Marston book. I love what she does and what you have started looks great to me. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Mama Pea said...

It's good to see you, dear friend. Wow do you have a lot going on! I really like that pink and white quilt. So cute. Will you ever finish with it?

Michelle Ridgway said...

Missed you Allie...You need to put those blocks away and get them out after some time as passed and you will feel differently. I love Greta's flash new coat...very cute. My friend has 2 of those doggies and they are gorgeous. Enjoy your quieter life now and I am very glad your lad was unhurt.
Hugs xx

Wish You Were Here said...

Love all of your quilts, Allie! The new one for your husband is really stunning! Can't wait to see the finished product! Hugs, Janice

unfinishedquilts said...

Nice to see you! Love all that you are working on and can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! Glad your son is alright, that is really scary when that happens!

Cheryl said...

Yes, glad you are back, and very, very glad your son is ok. LOVE those pink triangles...too hard on yourself I'm thinkin'!!!! That sweet dog has the coolest coat. Shirley way lucked out on the cute quilts you made her!!!

Cheryll said...

Nice to come by for a visit again Allie. Sorry to hear about your son though. I hope you enjoy this festive season! Merry Christmas... :)

Fleurette said...

Hi Allie! glad to see you are all well. Sorry about Johns car. The pink and white quilt is looking good, can't wait to see the black and white one. Love Shirleys magnetic quilts - great idea!

Too many eggs said...

it's so nice to have you back in Blog land, isn't funny our blogs are the first thing to go....when we get busy

loving your quilts particularly the ones on the fridge and door, they are brilliant

Terry said...

I would never have thought to put a quilt on the door! What a great idea! I understand about piecing Allie. My scrappy stars look fine, but the piecing isn't great. The good thing is once they're all together and quilted, nobody will ever know the difference. :0)

Michelle May said...

I totally love Greta's coat and that sign! LOL! Love it!

donnacraft said...

Hi Allie,

at least you have been busy. Love the quilt. Oh is the little dog a cairn - so cute

Wendy said...

oh no, that's terrible about your son, I'm glad he's OK.

I think the blocks looked lovely, stop putting yourself down, taht's an order!!

Love those quilts you made for your friend - Wit's End - that's hilarious!

desertskyquilts said...

Mistakes are the foundations of many a great American Hero quilt at my house. People send them to me, along with leftover things they've lost interest in completing, and scraps and strips they don't want, and I turn them into some great quilts. Since I'm not emotionally invested in the mistakes, and have no mental picture of what it was *supposed* to be, I'm free to create anything! Love your black and white there at the bottom, but then, I loved the square in a square, too. =) The quilts your friend is enjoying are GREAT!

donna said...

Looks like you have been a busy girl. So glad you are back. WOW! I am so glad your son was not hurt. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. You are welcome to come along anytime.
Hugs
donna

Michelle said...

Oooooh -- I want quilts on my fridge!

Linda in Calif. said...

I think you are too hard on your quilting too - just pin those intersecting corners and sew away - in the end it will be fine. No one really looks to see if it's perfect, and when a quilt is bunched over a chair or person many of those mistakes are hidden. Just go for it! I do like the layout with the green triangles too.

Sorry to hear about your son's car, glad he wasn't hurt. It is a bother getting a new source of transportation. Good luck with the whole business.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...