Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bad, Bag Blogger....

Yes I am.  I've barely turned on my computer this week.  It's been a busy one!  I thought October would settle down, silly me.  But guess what I did today!  For the second time in my life, I went to a quilt show.  And boy was it a good one.  Put on by the Great Lakes African American Quilters Network, do you want to see some pictures?  I promise you there are lots more over on my flickr, in a set.

Here are some that had no names attached that we could see.

DSCN0184    2
DSCN0186    2
DSCN0071    2
DSCN0059    2
DSCN0053    2
DSCN0041    2


There was also a room of vintage quilts.

DSCN0088    2
DSCN0076    2
DSCN0089    2

Marcia Derse was there!  Her fabrics caught my eye, I stopped at the table, and saw her name and said "hey, I KNOW YOU!"  Meaning, of course, that I had seen her fabrics all over blogland, not that I knew her.  She understood.  What a great gal she is!  And her fabric is just gorgeous!

DSCN0182    2

Ok, now a few of the quilts, with the artist statement - can't believe I remembered to get those!

DSCN0180    2
DSCN0181    2

DSCN0175    2
DSCN0176    2
DSCN0177    2

One of my favorites, the detail on this was incredible.

DSCN0158    2
DSCN0159    2
DSCN0160    2
DSCN0161    2
DSCN0163    2

DSCN0152    2
DSCN0153    2
DSCN0154    2

DSCN0150    2
DSCN0151    2

DSCN0145    2
DSCN0146    2
The quilting on this was INCREDIBLE.

DSCN0100    2
DSCN0101    2

DSCN0096    2
DSCN0097    2

DSCN0094    2
DSCN0095    2

DSCN0080    2
DSCN0081    2

There are many more over on flickr, I didn't want to make this blog post 3 pages long.  WHAT an inspiring quilt show.  These ladies are marvelous!  I'm already looking forward to next year.

I get to stay home in my jammies tomorrow, hopefully I'll get around to all your blogs AND work on my new quilt design - although after the quilt show today, it's looking kind of washed out - vintage sheets, kind of cottagey, but after this show I'm craving color!  I hope you enjoyed the show too!

PS - I'm going to disable anonymous comments - I'm getting a lot of spam, although it's not making it to the blog, it's still annoying.  We'll see if that takes care of it!




27 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for taking us to the quilt show, Allie! Great photos!

Melody said...

Fabulous quilts at this show.

shez said...

thankyou for the show and tell Allie there is some clever people there,i agree the spam is a pain.xx

Michelle May said...

Looks like it was a wonderful sow Allie! So many interesting quilts and yes, the colors are gorgeous.
Enjoy your day today! :)

Mama Pea said...

What a wonderful show! Lots of variety! I might take in the one in Grand Rapids today, if E will abide (and that's questionable!).

Linda said...

Stunning quilts. I love the variety, creativity and inspiration in each of them. Very cool!!

Terry said...

Amazing quilts! Thanks for sharing them! :0)

Darlene said...

Wowzer - thank you so much for sharing those beauties with us!

WoolenSails said...

I enjoyed the quilt show, they are fun to attend and love having a lot of vendors in one place.

Debbie

Patty@Granma's said...

I own a quilt like that last one! Love the way we can use color to tell stories. Enjoy your day ala jammies.

Miss Nancy said...

Great quilts, great quilt show. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Sue said...

Very cool quilt show. where was this at?

Carrie P. said...

thanks for sharing. I always want to come and sew after I attend a show.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I just enjoyed the quilting show you went too.....grin....thanks!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

You lucky girl....those are some absolutely amazing quilts. Thanks so much for sharing your pix...I love seeing shows that I know I can't attend.

I was lucky enough to see Marcia at the expo in NOVI. She is so talented and such a fun person too.

Hugs,
Kelly

Jeanette said...

Wow Allie. Fabulous quilt show. Thanks for taking us along with you. :) Hugs,

Sue said...

Delicious eye candy, thanks for taking us to the quilt show.

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful quilts. Thanks for the delicious eye candies.

Wendy B said...

..and the bad thing about going to a quilt show is....????? LOL
We certainly forgive you Allie-girl! After all, who, in their right mind could give up a quilt show???
Have a wonderful week my lovely!
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Sandra :) said...

Welcome "back" Missy - glad you had fun at the quilt show - can I assume that this one lasted a bit longer than the last one? LOL!

donna said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thank you so much for sharing. There are some beautiful quilts out there.
Hugs
donna

Val Spiers said...

What fabulous quilts. So much detail in them.

VivJM said...

Wow! What an amazing selection of beautiful, vibrant quilts. You are one lucky lady to have been to that quilt show!

desertskyquilts said...

How different those look! Thanks for sharing the photos. Enjoy your time off.

Val said...

So many beautiful quilts. I love that African style in some.
I had a good laugh at your animal funnies in your latest post. Thanks.

AllyJo said...

You should come back.

Fleurette said...

Allie, thank you for showing us these amazing quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...