Sunday, September 23, 2012

Is It December Yet?

Cuz it sure feels like it.  Today we went here...

DSCN0826    2

to meet our bestie friends from Canada.  It was an awesome visit but not long enough, and it COULD have been a wee bit warmer.  We didn't stay on the beach long.

Oh, and the court thing?  Didn't have to testify after all!  He saw everyone ready to testify against him and decided to forgo a jury trial.  He changed his plea to guilty and off to jail he went.  So relieved.  Thank you so much for all your kind thoughts and prayers.

I'm hoping to get stitching this week.  I'll show you what I'm going to start, soon, just need to take a picture, and it's dark right now.  It's all Wendy's fault *G*  She's such a dear!

And before I forget [I'm so tired, all that fresh air you know], Jenny is having a give-away, go see and enter!  If you tell her you heard it from me, and win, I could win too!  When you see what she's giving away, you'll want to enter, for sure - the cutest gumboot fabric EVER.  Check out her latest magazine issue as well, her guest designer this month is Michelle from The Raspberry Rabbits!  The projects in it are all so darling, and Jenny's daughter has a project in there too!  So cute!

I'll leave you with my favorite recent pic - my son and Chris Osgood, former goalie for the Detroit Red Wings.  We went to a recent autograph signing and got to meet him - one of my favorite players ever - so sad he's retired!

DSCN0807    2

21 comments:

shez said...

lovely post Allie,enjoy your day my friend.xx

sunny said...

Brrrrrr...... But didn't the fresh air feel invigorating? You'll sleep good tonight.

O'faigh said...

Hello Allie, enjoyed your post Allie good to catch up with you....glad the court bizzo went well...Hugs, O'faigh

WoolenSails said...

It has gotten cold fast, but we got a nice day and as long as I was in the sun, I was warm, lol.

Debbie

unfinishedquilts said...

Retired??? He doesn't even look 30! I am in the wrong line of work!lol

Sure is cold, we are under a frost advisory tonight :( Sure was hoping the furnace wouldn't have to go on till the end of October, wishful thinking.

Happy all went that way in court :)
Can't wait to see what you are going to be working on!

Sandra :) said...

I'm glad the court case went so well, and that you got to have a nice visit with your friend :) I hope we have as mild a winter this year, as we did last year - my fingers are crossed! I already put the extra blankets on our bed, though - and I'm wearing a hoody and fuzzy socks right now in the house, so yep - the cool weather is here, and it's just going to get colder - BRRRR!

Cheryl said...

So glad you didn't have to testify...how nerve wracking that must have been thinking you were going to. Oh please send cold weather my way....90 plus degrees again today. Happy week to you Allie and hope you get to your stitching.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Happy to hear that you did not have to testify. We are still enjoying summer weather here. Please don't send any cold our way ;-)

Cheryll said...

The only team better than the Red Wings are the Black Hawkes!
Says my hubby lol ! :)

Fiona said...

what a great chatty post
Hugz

VivJM said...

Glad you had a nice time with your friend. Keep warm, my lovely x

West Michigan Quilter said...

Glad things are going well and you are back to blogging. That guy looks like my grandson rather than someone who has retired! I can't believe it's so cold and that I actually had to turn on my heat. We're having frost over here. Hope it's better on your side of the state.

Mama Spark said...

Ozzie is my favorite player too!! I have one of his jerseys!! How great that you got to meet him. We took Thadd to meet him when Thadd was little and Chris was so young then!

June said...

Was the water photo taken in Port Huron? So beautiful! It is cold here this morning, too. Feels wonderful!

Carrie P. said...

Well, at least you got to spend some time at the beach. Too bad it was so cold.
I am sure that was fun meeting Chris.

Brenda said...

The beach looks inviting even though it was chilly. I would be happy with a sweatshirt and jeans there. I do not follow sports so well but I am sure my hubs would know who this is!

Mama Pea said...

He looks pretty young to be retired!

I saw clouds like that here the other day. They sure were beautiful! I agree, it's been COLD already.

Melody said...

Ooh that beach does look chilly.

Jeanette said...

Love your post Allie. Hugs,

desertskyquilts said...

It seems that your weather is preparing you early for winter. It's been a little chilly here today. I'm not sure it hit 70 or not. I know inside my house, it didn't.

Linda said...

That is so awesome your son met Ozzie!!!!! I was like is that Chris Osgood??? So cool!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...