Friday, August 31, 2012

Quilting Gallery, Lemon Tree, Packing Packing Packing....

Well, I'm almost packed for our trip, I haven't done it in so long I forget how.  I keep taking things out, and putting things back.  I really need to stop drinking coffee, it's making me take things out and put them back faster, and we're going to try to sleep starting at 7pm tonight....we're leaving at 3am.  Which means getting up at 2am.  Are we crazy?  Wait, don't answer that.

I have to show you what Fiona at BubzRugz did.  She made my Lemon Tree quilt, BRILLIANTLY.




Don't you just love the colors!!!!!!!!!  Fiona, I love it even more than the original, that blue is wonderful!!!  It really makes the lemons POP!

And speaking of Lemon Tree, I've entered it in this week's contest at Quilting Gallery.  The theme this week is Leaves, Trees and Flowers, and there are some wonderful entries!  You can vote for up to four quilts this week.  I'd love it if you vote for mine, but please don't if you prefer four other ones!  I'd rather have an honest vote than a "just because".  Go look at the awesome selections - great eye candy.  I love the weekly contest because I find new blogs and gorgeous quilts!  Check them out here.

I think that's it.  Wait - if you order Sailor's Delight sometime between now and Tuesday morning [Sept 4, EST] you won't get it in your inbox until sometime Tuesday.  I'm not taking my computer with me.  I'll see you with [hopefully] lots of pics when I get back, have a wonderful weekend everyone!

I just noticed that my pattern page is gone - no idea why - I'll figure it out when I get back.  Yikes.




26 comments:

Terry said...

L saw Fiona's lemon tree and thought it was just beautiful! I saw yours this morning and voted for it! Have a safe and fun trip! :0)

Terry said...

That's supposed to say "I saw" LOL

Joanne Lendaro said...

got my vote sweetie!! your packing story made me chuckle! Love the tree in blue...SAFE TRAVELS!!!!!! hugs!

Sandra :) said...

Am I seeing things? It looks like they have your Lemon Tree quilt mixed up with another one! I'll have another look later to see if my eyes are playing tricks on me!

Have fun this weekend --- but not TOO much fun *grin* :D

WoolenSails said...

I really like your piece, fun design and love the saying with it.

Debbie

Mama Pea said...

that is awesome! I love your lemon tree (the black and white and yellow one you did). Is that the one to go vote on? I'll go check it out. I forget, is that a pattern you sell?

Thanks for the reminder about your pattern. I need to go order it. Oh, and I still have my post in draft form. Too much going on! Have a great trip!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I fun on your trip Allie! Hope you can get to sleep that early...:))

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I voted for your quilt. And have a wonderful trip!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have fun away Allie...Bubz did a great job I did see her post the other day...will pop over and vote...x

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Have a wonderful time away!!! \o/\o/
Fiona's version of Lemon Tree is so nice!! Well done, Fiona! :-)
(but I still prefer the original Allie-made one hanging in my home - always makes me thank God for you, Allie-friend)...
Hugs
Jenny
xxxx

Fiona said...

you are so sweet allie... I will go and vote now... have a lovely trip and I look forward to hearing about it....
Hugz

Carrie P. said...

I just voted for your quilt.
have a great weekend.

shez said...

Fiona did a wonderful job Allie have a wonderful trip and i am off to vote now,good luck.xx

donna said...

Love your lemon tree. It is gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your trip. Be safe.
Hugs
donna

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your lemon tree and how Fee did it! Those colors are awesome. Of course i just love that design and think it would look great in just about any combination of colors. Have fun on your trip.

Jeanette said...

Love you lemon tree. Off to vote now. Have a fun time on your trip. Hugs,

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your Lemon Tree little quilt is so gorgeous and makes you feel all fresh and summery. Fiona did a lovely job.
Have a fab time in New york.

Shari said...

Have an absolutely fabulous time in NYC! Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Debbie said...

Yes, Fiona's lemon tree is beautiful! I love the colors that she used.

Cheryl said...

Fiona did a great job!!! I can't wait to here all about your trip!

Talin's Corner said...

Fiona did a great job on your lemon tree pattern. Kudos to her. Have fun on your trip.

Michelle May said...

Hope you're having lots of fun Allie! Love what Fiona did with your Lemon Tree pattern. Beautiful.
xx

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a great design! Love her color choices.

joan said...

I voted... Safe travels have fun!

Stitched With Prayer said...

My gosh Allie, Fiona's Lemon Tree is awesome! I agree that the blue really makes the lemons pop...Gorgeous. But then I have always loved your Lemon Tree design!
Okay sweet friend, have a wonderful, safe trip. You will be missed!!!
Big Hugs....

Mama Spark said...

Great tree, Allie!! Have a wonderful vacation!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...