Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Onward Through The Fog

Heavy fog, in fact....in my brain.  I've not been feeling well, and last week discovered I had thrush.  Apparently the yeast has been doing a job on my system.  I've had it before but years ago, and let me tell you, it produces serious brain fog!  So I'm soldiering on with my new meds and staying far away from bad foods.  No sugar, no breads, no fruits, no dairy = no fun.  But it's worth it!  All those foods feed a yeast overgrowth, so I'm not even tempted.

Last weekend was a busy one.  Saturday, my best friend Cathy's son had his graduation party.  It was lovely.  Beautiful home on a small lake.  I didn't upload many pics because I didn't ask anyone if they minded, but here's a pic of part of the lake.

DSC06482    2

Sunday, we went to my aunt's, to have a feast and paint her porch.  I wasn't feeling well at all so my brother did all the painting - I worked hard at supervising.

DSC06513    2

Monday I don't remember at all.  I probably could if I really thought about it but, hey, who cares, lol!  Tuesday I went to the dr., and on the way home, I got to save a life!  A little Yorkie dog ran under my car and wouldn't come out - I got out in the middle of traffic, on my hands and knees trying to get him, and 2 other ladies came over to help too.  We finally got him, the poor baby was covered in mud, wet and shivering, and acted terrified.  The one lady took him to the vet and the other lady paid for it.  There are some really, really lovely people in this world.

That evening, we went to visit Shirley, we hadn't seen her in ages.  Her dog Greta has learned a new trick - she's learned to sing!  We had a lot of fun with her.  I uploaded a small movie of her new trick.



That's about it folks, I'm sorry I haven't been around to your blogs, I'll try to do better this week.  I'm just so tired.  I'm sure my energy level will go up when the yeast goes down.  I'm still working on my secret project, and look, I almost have the binding done!

DSC06516    2

Oops, forgot to turn it around.  *G*  Guess you'll have to wait.  If you think I'm too much of a tease, blame Fiona - I learned it from her.  She does it all the time and it cracks me up.  She's a lot more inventive than I am though!

30 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Allie! I do hope you get to feeling better and very soon! I'm so sorry you've not been well.

Take good care of yourself and eat lots of Vitamin C :)
I like to take the Ester C powder and mix it in water. Maybe that will help clear things up faster.

Dolores said...

Hmmm, I thought thrush had to do with the mouth. No fruit, eh? With all the do not eats, what can you eat? Hope you're feeling better soon.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Thrush is not nice. I got it after having taken tons of antibiotics when I was in the hospital.

To me everything taste the same except that yucky pink stuff I had to swish with and then swallow...yuck!!!

Feel better my friend.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Poor Allie that is not good....please take care x

ladybelle1234 said...

Oh, no. So sorry. You said no dairy but what about yogurt? That's good for yeast infections. I'm sure the doc has you on good meds. I loved your blog, even watched the dog video. I love schnauzers. And that poor Yorkie. You could have been hurt but I would have done the same thing. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

WoolenSails said...

I have chronic candidiasis, so have been on a yeast free diet for over 20 years. The good thing is, no sweets, so great for keeping the weight down, lol.

Debbie

unfinishedquilts said...

For the thrush, try brushing with a few drops of tea tree oil. My mother-in-law was having a battle with it and the meds they had given her weren't helping after 2 weeks. When I had thrush I went straight to this. Told her to try it and it helped her just as fast as it helped me. You can buy this right at Meijer.
Hope you feel better soon!

Anne said...

Oh Allie, I hope it gets sorted for you as quickly as possible. You don't need to worry about what you don't get done, just make sure you look after you.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Rest and get well. We will still be here when you are better. =)

Debbie said...

I hope this thing you got goes away real soon, Allie. We need you normal. :) Can't wait to see the secret project!

Sue said...

Poor you, thrush is yukky. Take care of yourself Allie

VivJM said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly xx

Wendy said...

oh no, I'm sorry to hear the yeast has got you, giving it up is a nightmare. You do know that it's not just in the obvious stuff but also almost all prepackaged food, all good stuff like biscuits, oxo cubes, gravy powder, soy sauce, just about everything really.

Terry said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well! I hope you're much better soon! :0)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Sorry to hear you feel so rotten. Hopefully the meds kick in soon and things improve.

I love secret projects or secret anything. I'm curious by nature but if you tell me I can't see/know something then I just have to see/know it lol.

Shari said...

You certainly got around for not feeling well. I guess that's just what women do. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Too many eggs said...

Sounds like you have been a busy sick gal.....

Take care of yourself

Love the dog singing .... Lol

John'aLee said...

Allie, you are so faithful at getting around to people's blogs, you put a lot of us to shame. But girlie, you MUST take care of yourself! That is what's most important. We'll be here when you are feeling better! A big hug...

Patty@Granma's said...

OH my! Sound a lot like my gall blader diet, pretty much nothing but greens!
Hope you'r feeling much better soon.
Hugs

Carrie P. said...

so sorry you are not well. than stinks. get better soon.
I am dog sitting a Schnauzer this weekend. I played the video and the dog heard it and was cocking his head and then ran to the door thinking someone was there.

Brenda said...

Allie, so sorry you are feeling under the weather. I have had children and grand children with thrush, I did not know we could get it as adults. Get better soon and cannot wait to see your secret project. The dog is so cute! I had a Schnauzer mix years ago and she liked to sing.

Mary-Kay said...

Here's to a speedy recovery. I know adults get thrush but you're the first person I know to get it. A few girls at work are on the same diet but for different reasons. Hard to figure out what to eat.

Marilyn said...

Oh Allie, that is no good. Hope the meds and no yeast diet are helping you heaps. The singing dog is too cute.
Take care. Hugs.

Mama Pea said...

Love your teaser. You are too funny. I'm really sorry you are feeling so badly. Yuck. I would be feeling so crappy with no sugar or carbs. I really hope you feel better soon! Poor baby!

Sandra :) said...

Feel better soon, my sweet - and yes, you MUST take care of yourself!

Shasta said...

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Please take care of yourself and hope you get better soon. I look forward to seeing your secret project.

Loralynn said...

Hope you will be fog and yeast free soon!

Jan said...

Please take good care of yourself, dear Allie!!

donna said...

Geez Allie I hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe I should try that? Oh my gosh Greta is so cute. I just love it. I have to play it again and again.
Hugs
donna

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better soon.... lots and lots of big hugz
PS.... and I will try not to teach you any more naughty things!
Hugz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...