Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Vintage Sheets?

Today was such a pretty day...

DSC05643    2

I love those great big puffy clouds, at least until this happened...

DSC05644    2

Just some off and on rain, it was nice!  I got a whole 3 hours of sleep last night with my foot, but it's better tonight.  Thank you for all the good wishes!  I have my son's computer chair, it's on wheels, so I can get to the bathroom a bit easier now...I don't think I'll be walking on my foot for at least another few days.  Very tiresome.

Do you use vintage sheets in your quilts?  Michelle at Mrs. Sew & Sew is doing some posts from other bloggers about it, quite interesting!  You know I LOVE using vintage sheets, and I am not alone.  Go check out her posts and add your opinion!  Then scroll down and check out her Dresden plates, so pretty!!!

Finally, Debbie from Woolen Sails did something so sweet, for everyone that left a comment on one post she gave away a free epattern to them.  I picked her Spring Chicks, available here, I can't wait to get to Joann's and get some homespun fabrics - I'm going to do it in applique - so cute!!!!  Thank you Debbie!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play my 314th game of Solitaire while I watch Mr. Bean....

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Nice cloud shots, love watching storm clouds.

Debbie

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Those clouds look like big puffs of marshmallows! Hope your foot is doing better.

shez said...

lovely pics Allie,get better soon,it would be hard you sitting still for all that time.xx

Fiona said...

Lovely pics... glad your foot is improving... I am slowly collecting vintage sheets... I want to do dresdens so I will pop over and have a read of Michelle's post...
Hugz

Terry said...

What beautiful clouds! :0)

Sue said...

Yesterday was beautiful here in the great state of Michigan :D Today is another beauty. I just love the shapes of clouds. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my sister and I used to lay on the bank outside our house and watch the clouds go by and see the different shapes in them. Aaah, the good old days :)

I do use vintage sheets occasionally, as I just love them so and they add such a nice touch to a quilt.

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear about your foot. I would really have freaked out if a big black spider was dangling from my hair. Hugs

desertskyquilts said...

Those pics really bring back memories. My mom and I used to sit on the porch in West Texas and watch storms. As a teenager, I sat on the porch in Tucson and watched the monsoon clouds roll in, rain, and roll out again. It was always wonderful!

Healing is always slower than we would like, isn't it? Thanks for the links. I don't use sheets of any kind, though my first quilt had a pink sheet for backing, because I was a starving student and it was cheap. That was the last time.

sunny said...

Beee-utiful clouds!!! Hope you're up and about soon.

Mama Pea said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. I haven't used vintage sheets at all. Maybe I should give it a go.....

Jan said...

Cloud pictures are so pretty! I hope you are feeling better today and able to sleep well and walk more! I have some vintage sheet Fat Quarters and am wondering what to do with them. It's fun seeing what others do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...