Friday, April 13, 2012

Lazy Days

No pics to show you, so you'll get some of my tree outside my window.  Boy was it full of bees today!

DSC05493    2

I got my sewing room all nice and tidy.  Where does all the dust come from!  I've been working so hard on that green quilt that I haven't had the energy to tackle it.  But it's clean now, and all ready for some new projects.

DSC05489    2

They're all going to be stitcheries, I think.  My sewing machine is down for the count.  It's making terrible stitches.  It'll be awhile before it can go in, which gives me time to do handwork.

DSC05485    2

The plan is to kit up a bunch of projects.  Get the designs printed, traced, and fabrics and floss all picked out.  I'm really looking forward to that!  I can do stitcheries even on hot days, because it's not a big quilt on my lap.  I'm drawing too, planning some new designs.  That's always fun.

DSC05483    2

I'm going to a church rummage sale in the morning.  I want to be there when the doors open.  It's bag day - you fill a bag for one low price.  I'm hoping to get some men's shirts for quilting.  I LOVE church rummage sales.  I've been waiting for this one!  What's your kind of favorite rummage sale?  Estate sales?  Garage sales?  Thrift stores?  Mine is church sales....so many treasures at such a good price.

I hope you all have a great weekend, please stay safe if you're in the middle of the States - wicked weather has been predicted for the weekend.  See you soon!

DSC05482    2  2

19 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your flowering vision is just beautiful! What a wonderful sight out of your window! :)

shez said...

Allie what pretty pics and i like garage sales.xx

Quilt Kitty said...

Beautiful pics & great one with the bee close up. I am more an op-shopper now but miss going to the church jumble sales with my mum. Hope you bag lots of bargains! Tracee xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Isn't it awful when your machine is sick! Like your right arm is broken. Hope she's well soon. Love these pictures, especially that one with the Bee. Hope you get lots of bargains today.

Sue said...

I have one of these outside our living room window Allie. We enjoy its beauty every year, but ours is filled with bees too! I've never seen it so full of bees before. What's up with that? They are making a bunch of noise!

Sandra :) said...

Our trees sure don't look like THAT yet - but we don't have bees yet either! Bag lots of bargains today (pun intended)! I never get to rummage sales - I like my visits to Thrift Store Alley, where there are 3 big thrift stores within a block of each other :D

WoolenSails said...

You can come clean mine if you want, lol.
I need to get motivated, maybe some loud rock music will get me moving;)

Beautiful flower shots.

Debbie

Terry said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the close-up of the fuzzy bumble bee! :0)

Michelle May said...

Such gorgeous photos Allie!
As for sales, sister I love them ALL! hee,hee,hee.

Fiona said...

lovely,lovely pictures... such fun to get the bees... we don't have a lot of church sales here.... but I like the op (charity) shops and garage sales..
Hugz

sunny said...

Such pretty flowers! How did you do at the sale? I like your plan for getting some projects kitted up. It's nice to always nice to have something to grab at a moments' notice.

Talin's Corner said...

It's so nice to see the bees out. Your tree is very pretty. It must be so nice to look out your window and look at it. I love all sales, but my favorite is estate/garage sales.

Val said...

Love your pictures! They are gorgeous! Hope you had fun at the sale!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely view Allie...

unfinishedquilts said...

Beautiful!
This spring has been wonderful to us!

Anne said...

Lovely pics of spring. We are enjoying autumn colours here :0).
Well done on finishing the green quilt as well. Haven't been keeping up with things very well - bit behind the times, lol.

Cathy said...

What beautiful blooms on your tree. The bees look happy. Hugs

Cheryl said...

Great pics Allie..so great with the bees. Did you say KITS?!!! Give me a hollar...you know I love kits :-)!

Mama Pea said...

My machine is down for the count for the moment, too. :-( Love the photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...