Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm Not Ignoring You, Promise

I've just been sooooo busy.  I'm sure you can relate...I've been reading your blogs, but time keeps getting away from me lately.  And I don't stay up half the night anymore, which used to be my favorite time to cruise blogland.

Yesterday, I finally got this quilt top together.

DSC05258    2

My friend Stacy embroidered the blocks, and sent it with the fabric.  It looks so much prettier in person, you can hardly see the light green in the photo.  This will be a raffle quilt for our homeschool board's annual raffle.  Now, I just have to quilt it.  The binding will be the dark green, not sure if you can see the outer border of white with the pinwheels in the corners.

DSC05260    2

 I'm pretty proud of those pinwheels, my very first ones, AND my first time putting a square in the corner of a border!  Yay me.  *G*

Today, hubby helped me hang a 4x8ft piece of foam board, after I covered it with flannel, to use as a design wall.   You can barely see it behind the quilt.

 DSC05259    2

SO nice to have somewhere to hang this quilt, while I ponder quilting options.  All 2 of them.  I'm a straight line quilter, no surprises here...I'm just not sure how to do this, so any ideas would be welcome.  But don't tell me "feathers" or "vines"...those are so far above my skills!

Here's a quilt my friend Cathy and I made - I cut the squares out of the remnants of my 30's reproduction stash, sewed them into rows, and handed it over.  She finished putting it together, and will quilt it.

DSC05251    2

I had started that quite awhile ago, and finally decided it wasn't going to happen at my house!  She loves 30's even more than I do, so I thought it would be in good hands.

I'm going to try to get back on track this week, with blog reading that is.  I miss you all terribly.  I think after Tuesday life will slow down enough.  I had no success finding work last week, but I won't get discouraged, just keep plugging away.  I hope you all have a wonderful week, I'll be seeing you on your blogs soon!

I'll leave you with a small pic of the first quilt I ever made, still being used daily...

DSC05204

18 comments:

Fiona said...

you have been so busy!! love the quilts you have done... the embroideries are so well showcased... yay for pinwheels.. they look magical in there..... and such a cute bunch of squares...I have only recently 'noticed' 30' fabrics... so fun aren't they

Hugz

shez said...

Allie you have been very busy love all your projects,well done.xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, you've been busy. Love your raffle quilt. Your pinwheels are perfect. I love 30s fabrics and have quite a stash. I love your quilt and you have inspired me to use those fabrics to make a quilt like yours. Beautiful. What a sweet quilt your first quilt is.

MB in MI said...

Love BOTH quilts. You did a great job with your pinwheels!! Your first quilt looks very sweet :-)

KaHolly said...

Being too busy isn't always such a bad thing!! Don't you wonder, sometimes, how people with no hobbies or passions can stand it? They're out there, sitting in front of their t.v.'s, not even keeping their little hands busy!!

WoolenSails said...

So many beautiful quilts. I have software that I haven't tried yet, it makes quilted blocks like that, so need to figure out how to use it with the machine and hoops. Love your first quilt, have seen ones done with rick rack on the edges, like the idea of using something to cover the lines for a nice touch.

Debbie

Terry said...

The embroidered quilt looks great! Your pinwheels are perfect! And the 30s quilt is so pretty! I never thought I was into those fabrics but every time I see them they make me smile! :0)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The embroidered quilt is beautiful! You both did a wonderful job.

Shari said...

Lovely cream and green quilt - just perfect for spring. The recipient will be very lucky indeed. Good luck with the raffle.

Debbie said...

Nice setting for those beautiful embroidered blocks, Allie. Some lucky winner is going to love it!

Cheryll said...

The design wall is great. Perfect for all your projects. The quilt is wonderful even more so as it will go to charity. Keep on it Allie... and you'll do it.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a pretty quilt top. I can see why you have been busy.

Jan said...

Allie---love what you and your friend have done with the green pinwheels quilt---your pinwheelslook perfect, And the 30's are so cheerful they make me smile!

Dolores said...

Great projects there. I'm glad you still have your first quilt.

Karen said...

The embroidery quilt looks like a glass door or window with green framing. Pretty.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow ...oh Allie your projects are just amazing...

Carrie P. said...

Oh, that quilt is awesome. I have seen machine quilting right through the embroidery and it looks fine.

Susan said...

Love the embroidered blocks. You gave me an idea for the fabrics to use for some blocks I have to send in somewhere in March - I have a small stash of 30s fabrics, not really my thing but I did a basket swap - and those will be perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...