Monday, December 12, 2011

Snapshots From My Mailbox

Hi everyone, I hope you've been busy, I know I have - although I have to confess, I took some things I was making off of my list, crossed them out and wrote "cookies" instead.  WHAT a relief.  I did promise I wouldn't panic this year, didn't I?

After re-writing my list, I took a few days off.  I thought I would sort through my totes and find all the gifts I'd made this year.  Um, they weren't there!  I was missing FIVE. Which meant nothing for my aunt.  Horrors!  That was a bad few days.  I'm happy to report that I remembered my son had taken one of my totes to use as a footstool - sure enough, they were there!

Other than a few days off from sewing, I've been getting the mail.  And I want to show you what some lovely friends have sent.

The first is from my dear sweet friend Carrie from A Passion For Applique.  Look at this lovely bundle, all wrapped in vintage Christmas paper!

DSC04880    2

Gorgeous vintage cookie cutter, a lovely potholder, and vintage Santa fabric....

DSC04881    2-horz    2
DSC04887    2

When I emailed Carrie to thank her, I told her I'd been looking for something to hold my Christmas cards, and the holder she designed for me was perfect!  She emailed me back that it was actually a potholder, lol, but it would work for Christmas cards too.  Yes, I am notoriously incompetent in the kitchen, and now everyone knows it.  Bet I'm the only person in the world who hangs her Christmas cards in a potholder, lol!  But hey, that gorgeous potholder won't get dirty!  I would have to hurt anyone who got a drip on it.  Thank you Carrie!

Next is from the Swap Queen Cheryll, at Gone Stitchin', what a doll -

DSC04891    2

Two really gorgeous and clever ornaments, and a calender diary for the next two years, that fits in my purse!  She wanted to thank me for hosting the Christmas Through The Year.  Thank YOU Cheryll, you're so sweet!!

And then my precious O'Faigh, from Oldbury Cottage.  She said she found this fabric and thought of me....

DSC04893    2

Well I love anything ocean and mermaids, and when I saw it, I immediately thought of these vintage mermaid designs I have - how perfect is this!!

DSC04894    2

Thank you sweetie, it's just perfect and I can't wait to get started!

This one came today, and brightened up my day like you wouldn't believe.  From my dear friend Shell at The Raspberry Rabbits....

DSC04888    2

Thank you Shell, I adore this fabric, and I'm going to design something perfect for it!  You are a sweetheart!

So other than getting the mail, and frantically searching for lost gifts, I haven't done much.  Mum is sick again, she had to call the dr. to get some antibiotics today.  Meijer's has a list of FREE antibiotics, so we went there....and the doctor called in the wrong one.  We'll be going back tomorrow.  As I was drying my hair, getting ready to go, I decided my hair was getting too scraggly at the ends and I was going to cut it.  I only meant to cut an inch....but cut five....there's a bit of going back and forth from side to side to even things up, you know?  That's ok, it's better than it was!

I hope to have a few completed gifts to show you in a few days.  I've also been picking up pencil and paper - I have five new projects in my notebook.  Applique quilts, and stitcheries both.  Gosh I'd better get busy!!

I'll be back in a couple of days with more tutorials for you, it's not too late!

26 comments:

Terra said...

These gifts from friends are darling.

shez said...

Oh whow Allie what wonderful gifts from your friends,how sweet,its lovely to see you being spoilt.

Fiona said...

Special gifts to a special person....glad you found the missing tote... we both seem to have been on the lost and found this week!!
Allie.. thinking of you and hope your mum feels getter soon.....
Hugz

Sandra :) said...

Fun goodies, especially those folded ornaments! I'm so glad you found those 5 gifts - what a relief!

We're in the home stretch now --- I bet lots of us will be substituting cookies for sewn projects, LOL!

Cheryll said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan to me... cookies are ALWAYS great! Hmmm might makes some myself for a neighbour!
You are most welcome Allie...I appreciate your effort each month.
Merry Christmas :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What fun! Christmas came early.

Martha said...

What lovely gifts, Allie. You certainly have some very creative and generous blog friends. I am drooling over that vintage Santa and sleigh fabric.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I agree with Fiona Special pressies for a special lady. Enjoy them all. Don't ya love it when the pencil and paper thing strikes. Look forward to seeing what you three come up with.

Val said...

The pot holder is a perfect card holder! Glad you found all your gifts. When I was looking for wool to knit the mouse I found some crochet bird decorations in the wool bag that I had made months ago and forgotten about. Thanks for all the tutorials.

Shari said...

Looks like Christmas came early for you! Some wonderful gifts from some very nice people! And glad you found your tote with your precious work in it!

Hope Mom feels better soon - and I must say that haircut sounds very funny...

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely goodies for a lovely lady...

VivJM said...

You are a lucky lady, and a much loved one, as demonstrated by your mailbox!

I had a chuckle at crossing things off the list and writing "cookies" instead - now there's a priority I can identify with!!

June said...

What beautiful gifts! I am very curious about the folded ornaments. Have not seen anything like it!

Terry said...

What lovely goodies you got in your mail! That fabric from Shell is beautiful! :0)

Michelle May said...

First I have to say that I hope your mom get's better very soon. No fun to be sick at Christmas time! Second, I spit my coffee out laughing so hard about you storing your Christmas cards in a potholder. Oh my gosh that was hilarious! Third, glad you liked your pressie. You are such a gift to all of us Allie.
Love ya bunches!

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Awesome gifts, Allie!!!

Carrie P. said...

Christmas has arrived at your house.
Such nice things your have received from your friends.
Those ornaments from Cheryll are so cool.
Very nice fabric from O'Faigh and Michelle. I know you will be busy with creating new things.
So glad you are enjoying what I sent to you.
Merry Christmas!

Carrie P. said...

Forgot to tell you to tell your mom to get better soon. No fun being sick.

em's scrapbag said...

So glad you were able to find the missing tote and the treasures it contained.
Hope your mom is feeling better soon.

Mama Pea said...

That is so nice! Glad you crossed some things off your list. That feels good, doesn't it? Even if you are crossing them off because you decide not to do them. :-)

Soggibottom said...

:-) x x x

donna said...

What great gifts you got from sweet friends.
Hugs
donna

unfinishedquilts said...

Oh how I wish I had your courage! My to-do list is still a mile long and such a short time to go. It is awful tempting! I actually contemplated going out and buying a quilt for Hayla.lol No one in this house dares go into my sewing room (probably don't really care, honestly) so I would be the only one who knew :)
Love the treasures! Much better than finding bills!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Yeah you, for simplifying your plan and not panicking this year :)!! And, what lovely gifts you have received - enjoy them all! I'm sorry to hear about your mom - I do hope she's feeling better soon! And, where is the pix so we can oogle over your pretty new do?? Hugs!!!

DAWNIE said...

Some lovely things from your firends have a great chrissy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...