Saturday, November 26, 2011

November Christmas Through The Year Strut Your Stuff!

Yep, it's that time again, time to show off what you've made this month, or email me with a pic if you don't dare show it off on your blog!  Like our sweet Mary from Quilting in the Sunshine State did, here's what she made:


It's a pincushion/thread catcher, isn't it great in that Maxine fabric?  Mary got the pattern from here.  She added a strip of velcro to the bottom of the pincushion and the top of the pad to hold it in place.  I think her friend is going to LOVE it!

I've added Mr. Linky to this post, if you've made a gift for someone this month, post about it and add your name to be in the give-away.  Or, as Mary did, email me the pic if you don't want to spoil a surprise.  Remember, you can join in any month, you don't have to be in on this from the beginning.  Link is at the bottom, email me if you have any problems.

So, American friends, how was your Thanksgiving?  Ours was just lovely - my mother-in-law came with baskets loaded with food.  I didn't get any pics of the day that I can share, except for my mother, who loves the camera and just has to make funny faces.  I know, you're all jealous and wish she was YOUR mum.  Too bad, you can't have her.

DSC04855    2
DSC04856    2

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the few days after, when nobody has to cook and we fill up on leftovers.  My mum-in-law makes the most wonderful Waldorf salad, and it's my favorite part, I claim it all for myself.  I finished it off tonight.

DSC04866     2

Thanksgiving was also hubby's birthday, so there are also ton of really fattening delicious desserts left.  Like home made fudge.  Oh yes, I love this time of year.

Ok, here we go, link away!

25 comments:

Fiona said...

That's a lovely gift Mary made... and thanks for the link too... love your Mum - give her a big HUGZ from me.... I've just linked up ... thanks again Allie for a really fun few months and motivation to get things done....
Hugz

Home Designs by Amanda said...

I've been wanting to link up to this every month since July...but this was the first month I finally got a Christmas present finished... just to many other projects got in the way! However, now Christmas presents are about all I will really have time for :)

Cyndi said...

Well, another month of nothing to show from me! Guess there aren't going to be a lot of presents coming out of my house this year. But I wanted to say "Hi", and I LOVE that pic of your mom. Oh my gosh, she's a stitch!!

Glad you all have a great Thanksgivng...so did we. I'll be calling you in the next day or so! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

O'faigh said...

Hello Allie, I made several fabric bon bon's for Kris Kringles....Cheryll from Gone Stitchin...kindly showed me how...glad you had a good Thanksgiving...Hugs O'faigh

Dolores said...

I'm just glad that you share your mom with all of us via your blog. Give her a hug from me.

Mary said...

Thank you for helping me keep this gift "under wraps" - lol. It is wonderful that your Mom likes to ham it up for the camera. So many people don't want their pictures taken these days. This way you can capture her personality along with the moment :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love that pincushion/thread catcher. So cute and so useful! Your mom is so cute. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Terry said...

Your mum always cracks me up! LOL

Cheryll said...

Oh Allie.. your Mum is so wonderful. Not afraid to have a pic taken..good for her! Yum on the meals...mouth watering right about now!
Thanks again for this little group of yours and all it achieved thru the year! Merry Christmas my friend! :)

Val said...

Hi Allie, I made so many things I thought I should link up. I love Mary's machine mat and you mum is a real gem :)

Too many eggs said...

Your mum looks like great fun

i would love to go to a real American, traditional thanksgiving....i think it would be great

love the sewing mat great idea

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE Mom's pics they are funny, plate looks good and the pincushion/thread catcher is just marvelous!!

Kim D. said...

Awe your Mom has a great sense of humor. Love the project by Mary, very nice.

Linda said...

Your mom is great!!!!! Awesome sewing mat!

Wendy said...

Another poor show from me again this month, and now I'm seriously panicking!

VivJM said...

I made one of those thread catchers for my mum last year - they are sooooooo useful!
Thanks for hosting the challenge Allie xxx

Ivory Spring said...

I really need a thread catcher.

You have a super cool Mom. I love that she loves the camera. :)

Talin's Corner said...

Your mother is such a good support. She is a good sport, you are lucky.

Sandra :) said...

Your mom is fun - please give her a maple syrup kiss from me :)

I like Mary's thread catcher/pincushion/pocket "skirt" - I have two machines side by side on my sewing table - one is a low shank machine and the other is slant shank, so each one uses different feet/atttachments. I'm forever rooting around for the right feet - if I made a skirt for each machine I could pop the important bits in the pockets of the right machine, and save myself some frustration!

susan m hinckley said...

All year long I've known that Christmas was going to come and Allie was going to be sitting around twiddling her thumbs by the tree while the rest of us were scrambling...well done -- have some extra hot chocolate. And what a lot of beautiful work you've shown on your blog as a result of your challenge! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

Sharon said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great, yummy T-Day. We had a good one too, with the whole family this year. I love spending time with family. Your Mom cracks me up! Good for her. I wonder what my kids would think if I started doing that?? hee hee!

Wow, congrats to all those people who have been diligently working on their Christmas gifts all year. We don't really exchange gifts with the rest of the family, but I do try to make everyone a pillowcase. Time for me to get busy!

Cheryl said...

I think we all love your mom!!! Again, posting by the hair on my chinny chin chin...if you only knew how true that is...the hair thing :-)!!

Martha said...

I am so happy to have finally completed another gift on the last day of November -- it's been months since I participated.

Thanks again, Allie, for inspiring all of us to keep the creative juices flowing. You're the best!

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

I entered my entry after the deadline so I wouldn't be entered into the drawing again....but wanted to share my gift for the Grandpuppies. Love looking at everyone's entries. Thanks Allie. This has been loads of fun. Back to working on December's project. Hugs...Karen

Mama Pea said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Allie. You are so wonderful. All my best.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...