Sunday, October 2, 2011

October Christmas Through The Year

Wow the year is winding down quickly, isn't it?  All the trees are changing color, and there is such a chill in the air, here in Allie-land.  Are you ready to make a gift for October?  I have some tutorials for you!

First up, from Karen Wilson, a darling book bag for your young'un....

Isn't that cute!



From Melody at The House On The Side Of The Hill, the prettiest ever hexagon coasters!


From Clare at Clare's Craftroom, a really darling spring bouquet, although I think they're great any time of year!


From Jocelyn at Happy Cottage Quilter, scrappy cards - brilliant idea!  Part one, and part two!



From Helen at Hugs from Helen, a great armchair caddy!


I think that's it for today, if I've missed you let me know. 

My son came in my sewing room yesterday with a package.  He said he found it under some junk mail on the coffee table...grrr.  It was all the way from Wendy in the UK!

DSC04491    2
DSC04493    2

The cutest little seat belt cozies I've ever seen!!  Don't they just look happy?  They sure make me happy!  Thank you darling Wendy!  Wait til my mom sees them...she's going to love them too!  Good thing she doesn't have a car. *G*

I hope you all have a great week, and that your weather is friendly.  Start thinking about who you're going to make a gift for this month, and gather your supplies - remember, it doesn't have to be sewn, just handmade!  I'll see you soon!

DSC04496    2

11 comments:

Melody said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my project Allie. You are a sweetheart.

rosie said...

That is such a lovely bunch of projects Allie..
Hope Sam is feeling okay...

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

awww thanks for featuring my scrappy cards Allie :-)

shez said...

what a lovely parcel to have found Allie,lol a nice suprise

Michelle May (Shell) said...

This year has just flown by!
We had a beautiful weekend in the 60's, but tomorrow will be almost 80 again. Poo! I love Fall and I wish we had leaf color change like ya'll do. It's so pretty. :)
xx, shell

MB in MI said...

Thanks for all the info Allie! I don't know what a seat belt cozy is though!! :-( ?

Sandra :) said...

Those are some great gift ideas, Miss Allie from Allie-land! Miss Sandra from Sandra-ville is busy working on Christmas gifts - organizing my list by date needed (because of mailing due dates) and ordering the supplies I need. I finished up a couple of small gifts yesterday and today - I hope I can keep up the pace! I couldn't post some of them to my blog because they were recognizable, but I'm keeping track so I can post photos after Christmas :D

Marg H said...

Fabulous projects. Great gift ideas. Inspiration for us all. And you are right - Xmas is getting so close now.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Those are some nice tutorials. What a cute squirrel.

Loralynn said...

Those have got to be the prettiest hexie flowers I've ever seen! Amazing what a little fussy cutting can do!

Carrie P. said...

More great projects. thanks for sharing them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...