Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Name That Blog

Dawn from As Sweet As Cinnamon is having a fun contest - she wants to know the reason behind the name for your blog!  Which I think is quite interesting.  Do you ever wonder how someone came up with their name?  What it means?  Wish you'd thought of it first? Go link up at Dawn's, do a blog post with what your name means and why you picked it, and you could win a Moda charm pack!

So - how did I come up with Allie-oops Sweet Happy Life?  Well, my aunt always called me Allie-oop, from the time I was born.  I changed it a bit, to OOPS, because I make so many oops while I'm quilting!  If you were in my sewing room with me, you would hear that word a lot, muttered under my breath in shock at my latest gaffe.

DSC04364    2
Sweet Happy Life is a song by Peggy Lee - not too fond of the song, but I love the sentiment!  I used to be prone to major depression, it took a long time and a lot of patience from the Lord to teach me to enjoy the moment, enjoy my life, and let go of the stress.  The littlest things used to send me over the edge, and now I can let them go.  It's not an easy life, but no matter my circumstances, it's sweet and happy, because the Lord has taught me to be content in all things.  I'm so thankful that I've gone from pessimism and depression to optimism and gratitude!  My blog title reminds me of that change every day.

DSC04291

So, what's your story?  I'd love to hear it!  Do a blog post and link up at Dawn's, join the party!

29 comments:

Jeanneke said...

I'm impressed, was once depressed as well, a long story...
So grateful and happy I am now!
Thanks for sharing your story; as i said I am impressed and I love the name and your blog!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love your story Allie. I posted an old post on Dawn's party. It was from when I first started blogging. I do think it is so interesting about how people named their blogs.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your blog and always wondered about the name. Thanks for sharing your touching story. Thanks for the link too.

Marianne said...

I am having fun reading everyone's posts about their names. Yours is very clever. Thanks for sharing your story.

sunny said...

Thanks for sharing your great story! I enjoy getting new insights to my bloggy friends.

Linda said...

What a wonderful story! You have defined "joy" so well!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Allie - honey, I love your story of how your blog name came to be! Love the Allie - oop part - and how your life has changed for the better! Thanks for sharing!!!

John'aLee said...

Loved your post! When I read it, it reminded me of what someone just sent in a note with their block to tell Tory: "Choose Joy"!

I think that's going to be my motto from now on! We have a choice in life...why not choose joy?

Soggibottom said...

great post Allie, ha ha, I think Soggibottom Cottage is a bit self explanatory. Not ladies that I sit here with a wet bottom, you just need your wellington boots around the places sometimes.
Phew feel better at saying that :-) Well, you never know do you ? There is always someone who gets the wrong idea :-) x x x

Cheryll said...

It's nice to meet you Allie-Oop.
I'm happy that you're happy too! :)

Vicki ♥ said...

Your blog name is special Allie and your story is special too :) I always enjoy reading your blog :) special hugs Vicki x

Fiona said...

I often wondered where your blog name came from... I love it...
Hugz

shez said...

you are an inspiration Allie to others and thankyou for your story.xoox

Carrie P. said...

Depression is a tough thing to go through. I had a bout with it last year but God is so good to help us both.
I like the name of your blog. It is fun to see all the fun names. I am going to try to do a post some time this week.

Sandra :) said...

It's not OOPS I mutter in my sewing room when things go awry!!! ;)

Dawn said...

oh Allie, thats so special and "Praise God"..He is so good and your so super special and a blessing to many Allie..keep up being you... your so sweet and amazing
Hugs Dawn x x

MB in MI said...

Great post Allie! Sending a big 'atta girl' your way. I look forward to reading your blog all the time--so thanks for sharing!!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

It is fun to read where people have come from... A great read Allie, thanks !

Janet said...

Your blog name is great! Thanks for sharing your story.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am so pleased you have found the happy life Allie....and thankyou for sharing your story....you are a true inspiration...

June said...

I don't remember where my blog name, shespinswool, came from (Senior moment) and I sure do know about depression. That is the reason that I "disappear" from my blog sometimes. October seems to be a very hard month to get through. I'm so glad that you found your way out of the "fog".

em's scrapbag said...

Enjoyed the story behind your blog name. Life is good isn't it? Even with all the oopses.

rosie said...

Loved your story Allie.. you are an inspiration...xxx

Too many eggs said...

love your story Allie

you are an inspiration like all the others have already said

one day i hope that i too can find the balance you have found,and forever banish the depression and pessimism that still inhabit my days
:-)

Cindy Adkins said...

Such an adorable name for your blog and I also so your precious kitty's face and had to come over to say "hi" as I have a tuxedo cat too and love her to pieces. I am your newest follower on your beautiful blog.

XO
Cindy

Val said...

Oh I love your story. Sounds like a testimony. How encouraging. You should share more. You are such a blessing to me.

KaHolly said...

PERFECT!!

sewtakeahike said...

I love your blog name, Allie! Allie-oop is such an endearing name. So cute!

Ivory Spring said...

What a sweet post, Allie! I love your little pet name.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...