Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Christmas Through The Year

September already!!!  This year is flying by [I say that every month, don't ?  At least I'm consistent, if somewhat boring].

I do have some tutorials for you, and I did find a project I want to make this month [already!].  I was reading Barb's blog, she had a link to Thimbleberries' free patterns, oh thank you Barb!!!    There are a few I want to make, but the log cabin potholders will be my project this month, I believe.

And then Caroll emailed me about Elisa's blog post - I read Elisa's blog, but hadn't seen her latest post yet.  What a great post, chock full of inspiration!  I was going to post the Zip-Itself coin purse, but Elisa beat me to it, lol.  Thanks for the links, hon!  Let's get together again for coffee after the holiday, k?

And one last one that I really, really want to do - it's from So September - the cutest little hanging mirror you'd EVER want to look into!  She makes it look easy enough for me to try.

I've been working hard today on Kaaren's quilt, no pics sorry, but all the blocks are now sashed.  I still have to trim the ends off, press the seams open, and trim them again to 7" - then I'll be putting them ALL together, yay!!  I'll try to remember pics tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend here in the States - not sure if anyone else celebrates it?  It's Labor Day, for my overseas friends, a holiday to celebrate the working 'man'.  I was a mum and went through labor, so I'm going to celebrate.

Kidding.

Maybe.



16 comments:

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see Kaaren's quilt together, you've been so kind to put all this time into it. Canada also celebrates labor day!

shez said...

yep you are a mum so you went through labour have a happy labour free day Allie lol.Thankyou for links i love that mirror,cant wait to see yours Allie

VivJM said...

Thanks for the tutorial links!

Ivory Spring said...

Can't wait to see the quilt. Meanwhile, you have a lovely weekend.

Sue said...

Sounds like you have your September up and running with goodies to make !
I can't wait to see Kaaren's quilt. Your are just so thoughtful:)

Linda said...

I agree with the "labor" comment. Mother's Day just isn't enough of a holiday since it's on a Sunday anyway!

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for the links.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, thanks for all the links. Can't wait to see that quilt for Kaaren. You are a real sweetheart! Hope you have a fantastic Holiday weekend.

omax2@jwvantuil.com said...

It's Labour Day up here in Canada, too, on Monday, and besides, as mothers, we labour every day and night!! so celebrate!! take the day off! lol
Looking forward to pics of Kaaren's quilt. Thanks again, Allie, for doing this.
Gerda in Alberta

Sandra :) said...

It's Labour Day here in Can ... oh wait I see someone beat me to it, LOL. I'm doing Girls Night Out tonight and my husband and I are going to a bbq with friends on Sunday - that's all we have planned! We'll probably do some kind of a day trip tomorrow (sans kids, of course) and then relax on Monday :) I hope everybody has a happy and safe long weekend!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sounds like you have your month already planned out. Off to check your links....thanks

susan m hinckley said...

If a mum isn't a laborer, I've never met one. Party on, Allie.

Elisa said...

Definitely coffee again! Or, if we find a small quilt show nearby....:) thanks for the blog shout out! <3 E.

Val said...

I love all the links to free tutorials. Good job I have just cleaned up my desktop ready for all these new things. We celebrate Labour Day in May. It used to be May Day.

Mama Pea said...

Love the little mirror on So September. Thanks for the link! I might get a Christmas present sewn before December.

Maybe.

Kidding.

:-)

Talin's Corner said...

Love the mirror tutorial, thanks for the link.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...