Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Please Help....

Many of you know Johna'Lee from her blog, The Scrappy Appleyard, and that her family has just suffered a tremendous loss...her daughter Tory was supposed to be married this week, but instead had to bury her soldier fiance, Chris.  Johna'Lee is asking for star blocks to make quilts for the family, and for Chris's best friend, who was with him when he died.  Go HERE to see if you can help, and be sure to check her updates....she's posted a block with the colors.  Thank you so much - and please, keep them all in your prayers!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh no...this is so sad. My thoughts and prayers to the family and I will be checking the updates.

Kendra Quilts said...

So very sorry to hear this. Praying for both family's at this time. So very sorry. God bless and comfort all.

Fiona said...

I feel very heartsore for the family... will do what i can...
Hugz

KaHolly said...

A truly heartfelt gesture and a BIG undertaking. Additionally, if everyone who sent a block included a dollar bill, it would help her offest the cost of additional materials to complete these quilts. ~karen

Michelle said...

Thanks for the heads up about the call for blocks, Allie. I'll go check it out.

Michelle said...

Very sad...I'm praying.

I'll go check it out.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Thanks for passing this along. Breaks my heart. I will do what I can to make a few blocks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...