Friday, September 30, 2011

Christmas Through The Year September Winner!

But first, I did finish my Christmas gift, another lovely Carry Out Menu Holder from Karen Wilson's great tutorial!

DSC04489  2

This one is for my mum, she loves this color blue.

And I know you're dying to know the winner, so here it is, straight from Mr. Random Number.....





And that would be Fiona from BubzRugz, congratulations Fiona!!!!!  I'll be emailing for your address!!!

I need to apologize, I've had to clear out my Google Reader - earlier this week, I was trying to catch up on commenting on your blogs, and I just couldn't do it.  I've only had one day at home this week!  I hope things calm down next week, I really do.  I don't do well when I have to keep running errands.  I'm SUCH a homebody...

I took Sam for the casting of his mold for his back, the orthotists were a couple of comedians.  It wasn't too bad, but good thing he's not ticklish.  I would have never made it through.

Did you ever read Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion magazine?  I did, and I have almost every issue.  I was a faithful subscriber for years.  No magazine has ever inspired me like that one.  Well, Mary is wanting to bring the magazine back, and is looking for folks to sign the petition to convince a publisher - you can go here to either sign it or leave a comment!  How I would love to see this in print again!

By the way, one quilt is bound, and I'm starting on the second after I get my dinner - yes, it's after midnight - I had a nap.  Big mistake.  Seems like I had more to tell you, I suppose it will keep!  Have a great weekend, I'll see you soon with our kick-off for October!

DSC04485  2

14 comments:

Sandra :) said...

What the heck are we doing up so late (it's 1:07 a.m. here)? LOL!! I was busy backing up my craft files (almost 4 gb of them!) from my good laptop to a USB stick (which I tuck in the safe), and copying them to the dinosaur (the old laptop I keep in the basement where I sew). Let's just say it was a frustrating experience doing anything on the old lappy - I think it needs to be formatted and cleared off --- or SHOT!

Congrats Fiona ... and I bet your mom, Allie, will love her menu holder!

shez said...

congratulations Fiona and Allie your menu holder looks fantastic,its a great colour.

Cheryl said...

Congrats to Fiona!!! Love that menue holder Allie and I know your mom will. Now I'm off to sign the petition.

Fiona said...

Menu holder is a great idea... so excited Mr Random chose my number!!! thanks Allie.... I don't know the magazine but I'll go and vote..... haha
Hugz

Mickie said...

Congrats Fiona! Absolutely signed the petition and sent it to my other M.E. fan friends. Love the menu holder, AWESOMe fabric too :)
Hugs, Mickie

Loralynn said...

Curious about Sam. I must have missed something, why does he need a back brace? Just wondering if it's scoliosis. My oldest (22) has it and was in a brace for 3+ years. It wasn't fun, but it was definitely worth it.

Aimee said...

Oh, how I would LOVE to see Mary's magazine back on the shelf! It would be like seeing an old friend, wouldn't it?!

Dolores said...

Love the fabric on the menu holder. Does your mom read your blog? LOL
Congrats to Fiona.
I do hope the brace will help your son and I hope it's not too noticeable. It wouldn't be nice if he was constantly aware of it.

Sue said...

Congrats to the winner.
Thank you also for the link to get the magazine of Mary's back on the shelf. I will definitely go and sign it . She has great magazines and I miss them.!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love that menu holder. What a great idea. Congratulations to Fiona! Now if I can only get organized and get something done for next month!

Cyndi said...

Congratulations to Fiona! :o)
And Allie, your menu holder is so cute...I know your mom is going to love it!

I used to subscribe to ME's Home Companion, too. I loved that magazine...so I'll definitely be going over to sign the petition!

Chat soon!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your menu holder Allie, you mum will be very happy with that...congrats to Bubz, she will be thrilled...

Shari said...

I just love that shade of blue! Hope you have a good week!

Tanya said...

I know so much about getting behind in Google Reader! And answering comments. I feel like I'm drowning! Well, just start over!

I've never heard of the magazine that you recommended. So many people seem to love it! I'd sure be happy to see what everyone is excited about!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...