Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday, Through The Window Challenge

Joining with Cheryl to tell you what Tickles me Pink today....

DSC04312

IT LIVES!!

That's right, Sam's laptop is A-Ok - it took a bath and lived to tell the tale.  We're all very happy, but especially his brother John, who would have had to buy him a new one.  *G*

The other day we went to my aunt's house, and this pic is my entry for Patricia's Through The Window Challenge.  The window really isn't dirty, it's just the reflection from outside.  Now MY windows, that's another story.

DSC04305

Mum and her typical pose.   I'm also entering another two - I took Sam for x-rays today, and in the ceiling, instead of the usual florescent light cover, they had this pretty one -

DSC04309

Closer -

DSC04310

The first pic shows the truer colors.  I think every light fixture in every office ought to be as pretty as that.

The only thing not tickling me today -

DSC04306

The leaves were starting to turn out by my aunt's.  NOT READY.  No ma'am.  Uh-uh.  The cooler nights are lovely for sleeping, but I am NOT ready for jackets and long pants.  Just about when I get used to showing some skin when fully dressed, it's over....and I have to start putting on layers.  No fair!

How's your Christmas gift making coming along?  Are you done?  Have you linked up?  I'll be picking our winner tomorrow night at midnight....I just realized I haven't shown a pic of what the gift is, I'll have to do that soon.  Tomorrow.  Right now I have to run off to the library, then I think we're going to visit Shirley - it's been a few weeks!  I miss her!

DSC04291

One more thing - do you have any pet sayings for your kids?  Anything that you always said, in the way of advice or admonishment?  If so, leave a comment and tell me - no prizes, just curious.  One of my favorites and something I still say is "knock it off or I'll turn you into a crime scene".  Let me hear yours!

18 comments:

Val said...

Well, I can't remember any sayings! I will have to think on that. We are going to get an MRI for hubby tomorrow. Hope they have some pretty sites for him to see. He is claustrophobic. Even though we are doing the open MRI it still doesn't matter. So happy about that laptop! I just knew we would hear that it was dead!!!

Terry said...

Your mum just cracks me up! LOL When Brian had his CAT scan there were ceiling tiles like that. I thought it was a nice touch since most people in there are laying on their back looking up! :0)

Mama Pea said...

That's great about the computer! I know, I am totally not ready for the fall weather yet. I had to wear a jacket outside last night! I am just not ready for that chill....

Cathy said...

Lovely pictures. The only thing I said to my kids was when they made faces at me or wouldn't smile I would tell them their face was going to freeze. lol

Hugs

Fiona said...

I'm amazed the computer survived.... great news... lovely pictures... as always your mum looks such fun.... sayings... hmmmm... confessions I used to say "If you don't like my rules here you can go and live somewhere else".... but they tell me they really hated me saying that.... I would NEVER suggest that to one of my grandies though ...
Hugz

shez said...

Allie i am glad Sam's laptop is fine.
We are getting ready to go into spring here and we cant wait we have had to much rain and cold weather looking forward to the sun.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

WHAT? I know I did not see what I think I saw on that tree...no way. I can't be that far south....there is none of that buisiness here and I'm greatful for that!!! LOL

Smiles,
Kelly

Patricia said...

Got it! And love it! I've written the link and placed it in drafts for the BIG finale on Friday!!! LOL!!! My photo challenges never seem to take flight...but I have fun with them anyway.

My dentist has those light covers. It doesn't help me, but they are pretty, and the only thing that would help me feel better about being in the dentist chair is general anesthesia.

So glad the computer survived the near-drowning.

And you know how I feel about summer. It's the place we simply agree to disagree.

Love you lots and lots, Allie girl! XOX

Melody said...

Lovely post Allie. I love winter myself and don't look forward to our approaching summer - much too hot for me.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Val said...

Good news about the laptop. Cute picture of mum in the window :) I am so looking forward to spring. Summer not so much. It gets pretty hot and humid but I am a lover of light and don't fair too well in winter. I can't really remember any one thing I said to the kids but I think I called them scallywags a lot.

Ivory Spring said...

Allie,

I promise you that you have the most creative blog content! Reading your posts almost makes me smile. :)

Oh no.... not ready for the cold weather either!!!!!!

Shasta said...

I am not ready for cold weather either. Change is confusing to me, and I have to figure out if I am hot or cold and if I should take a jacket, etc. I like fall, but knowing winter is right around the corner makes it less pleasurable. that and high pollen counts! I am so glad the laptop survived.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

No, but my son has one for me when I've crossed then line.

"Listennnnnnnn to youuuuuu" with a happy tone of course.

It makes me laugh!

Michelle said...

Pretty pics!

'How bout a knuckle sandwich?' It makes him giggle all the time!

I'm ready for a long FALL season!

susan m hinckley said...

I love that saying and I've never heard it! But my kids are going to hear it now . . . thanks, Allie! And those leaf pictures are going to make me say some bad words if I don't leave now.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Beautiful shots....

The Farmer's Wife said...

The photo of your mom through the window is PERFECT! Still smiling about it...
:)

Carrie P. said...

Great photos. Your mom is so funny.
When the kids would leave the door open, I would ask them if they were raised in a barn?
I don't know where that saying came from but my mom used to say it to me and my siblings when we did the same thing.
Kind of funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...