Friday, August 26, 2011

August Strut Your Stuff, Christmas Through The Year

First let me say I am praying for ALL of you in Hurricane Irene's path.  She is a scary storm, please be safe and heed the warnings.

It's August 27 [barely] and it's time to start linking up.  I did make my Christmas gift yesterday, I used Karen Wilson's tutorial for a carry out menu holder for the fridge - I'll be making many more of these, I am in love with it!

DSC04239
DSC04238

Isn't that the neatest thing?  I didn't have a magnetic sheet for the back, so I used the magnetic strip that adheres on.  LOVE THIS.

So how are your projects coming?  I hope you're all doing better than I am.  I have the excuse of being sick all week, but also I've been working very hard on Kaaren's quilts.  What a joy it is to put that together.

Don't forget to link up here, and add your pics to our flickr group.  Remember, if you don't want to do a post about your gift because the recipient reads your blog, you can always email me the pic and I'll post it here.  Our give-away for the folks linking up will be on Wednesday night at midnight....so you have a few days yet!

I have lots more to tell you, but it will wait until at least tomorrow.  Yesterday was my baby's birthday, he's 17 and he didn't get a very good party, with us all being sick.  But he did get to go target shooting at the range with dad [first time], and he really enjoyed that.  I even let them take my camera - and do you believe they got NO PICS???  I could cry.  See if they ever get my camera again.

Ok, link up folks, let's see what brilliant creations you've made this month!!!


16 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

That looks great Allie and thanks for the tutorial link. Think I will make some of these also :) Hugs Vicki x

shez said...

i agree they look fantastic,love the fabric,well done

Karen Wilson said...

I first tried making these with the magnetic strips that stick on but the magnet wasn't strong enough once you put a few pieces of paper in. You might want to test it out on your own fridge before you give it to someone.

Fiona said...

Lovely holder.... so pretty and thanks for the link....
Hugz

Barb said...

Love the fabric you used.

Sue said...

That is so pretty, Allie. I love the fabric you've chosen. And what a great idea!

Bummer that your son didn't get pics of his birthday outing.

Enjoy your weekend and I really hope you get to feeling better.

Talin's Corner said...

Great project Allie, going over now to read the instructions.

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing the link for the menu keeper---great idea! Hope you feel better soon!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a cute idea. Love the fabric you used. Thanks for the link!

Lauranie said...

ooohhh love this!! Your colors are so cheery!! I may make one of these for my sister...she is not one for cooking! :P

Carrie P. said...

very cute and so glad you are feeling better too. I forgot to mention that on the last comment.

VivJM said...

Very pretty - such gorgeous fabrics.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the great tutorial, and once again I sneek in under the wire!! Thanks for hosting our wonderful club.

Mickie said...

I love your menu holder, the fabrics are delish!!!! Have a wonderful day and thank for the continued inspiration....
Hugs, Mickie

Sandra :) said...

(Don't enter me in the giveaway, please and thanks) I'm off to check out what everybody else has made - I didn't get nearly as many gifts made as I would have liked, but September starts tomorrow and I'm kicking it into HIGH GEAR! ;)

bloomingsisters said...

Just found this blog. Love it....What an awesome idea. Love this project, too. I will be back and following. :)
Louise-SlaveToMyNeedles

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...