Saturday, July 16, 2011

Update

Hi everybody, just wanted to mention that I'm still taking blocks for Kaaren's quilt, we have 120 blocks right now so keep 'em coming and spread the word!  The backing and sashing fabrics are in the wash right now, I spent the day pressing all the blocks that had come in.  I also took some time today to do math - not my strong suit - and came up with a couple of different settings for the blocks.

Ann, you made  a comment on the official post for Kaaren's quilt, but I have no way to contact you.  If you could please email me, I'll give you my address.

Our temps will be in the low to mid 90's tomorrow and the rest of the week, I'm not sure I'm going to leave my sewing room at all, it's the only place in the house with air-conditioning.  I'll try to get some pics tomorrow of the blocks.  It's AMAZING to see them all together, you guys are just the best!

14 comments:

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Well done Allie - just let me know if you need a few more blocks to make up numbers in a quilt.... I am happy to do them but I also know sometimes you can get inundated... I will leave it to you....
Wishing I could help with that washing and pressing!! Take care
Big Hugz

Joy said...

You're gonna be a busy stitcher Allie ;o)!!! Isn't it great to see such wonderful support for such a lovely blogging friend :o). I'm with Fiona ... if you need any more blocks just let me know, happy to send more :o).
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Sue said...

Me too Allie, just let us know if you want more blocks. The quilt is going to be gorgeous and filled with love for Kaaren.

Carol said...

Allie that is just amazing! If you need any more blocks to make it even or add another row, just let me know...be glad to send whatever you need.

KaHolly said...

Wow, Allie. It gives me goosebumps!! I sure wish I lived closer so I could give you a much needed hand. You're awesome. Won't Kaaren be delighted with your efforts? ~karen

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Isn't it wonderful ..and amazing...how the blog community pulls together! What a great thing you are doing!

Cheryll said...

Congrats AGAIN.. on your wonderful effort Allie!
Kaaren will FeeL the LoVe in your work I'm sure!
Cheers :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Well done, Allie. Now is a good time to stay inside and sew. I usually find it difficult to stay inside during the summer and sew, but not today (or probably all week). Stay cool!

paulette said...

NO YOU are the BEST for doing this!!Stay cool!!
P

Michelle said...

What wonderful progress!

Wanda said...

Allie, mine will be coming this week. I had hurt my back and driving was out of the question for the last couple of weeks. I will be getting this in the mail Monday.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Val said...

O.K. I am going to try to do one tomorrow. Not sure if I know how but will try. Leaving wed to go out of town so not sure if I will get to it but I really want to.

Sew Useful Designs said...

How wonderful Allie - so much love and support for Kaaren and you have made it all possible - loves ya! xx

What a smart move to have the only air con in your sewing room!!! That's my kind of thinking!!! :-)

Hugs sweetie!!!
Vikki xoxoxo

Nanci said...

Great job Allie and I know Kaaren will love the quilt/quilts. I am also more than willing to make extras you might need to fill in the numbers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...