Monday, July 11, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday

A few hours early - because it's late, I'm tired, and tomorrow is yet another busy day, on the run all day.

We made it to Port Huron yesterday.  We were supposed to meet our friends at our favorite park with the beach.  It was PACKED.  So packed, that we had to meet our friends elsewhere - by the time they got there, the parking lot was full.

We headed on down to Thomas Edison park, it's a lovely place with a very long walk along the St. Clair River, which empties into Lake Huron.  A very busy city - major border crossing and lots of freighters coming in and out of the river.  This is a pic of the Blue Water Bridge, which connects Port Huron to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.

DSC03350

This is the Canadian side, across from the park.  It's not really this close, I had the zoom on.

DSC03349

Here's one of the freighters coming down the river

DSC03367

heading out here, to Lake Huron.  My favorite Great Lake.

DSC03356

It was 90 degrees in the shade and a perfect day for boating.

DSC03354

Lots of seagulls.

DSC03399

Downtown is very pretty, but sad with so many empty historic buildings.

DSC03416

One of my favorites isn't empty, though.  We had dinner at Powers Diner.  Here's mum.  [And Sam off to the side.]

DSC03412

Inside Powers.

DSC03409
DSC03407
DSC03406
DSC03405

There was a pretty house near the park, we couldn't resist crossing the street to look at the garden.

DSC03398
DSC03395

After we ate, we went back to the beach, but still didn't make it down to the sand.  Instead we just relaxed under the trees, and enjoyed visiting with our friends.   Just a perfect, lazy hazy summer day.  We even had a free concert - the Salvation Army came and did a concert, with free food [that we didn't partake of].  A very blissful day.

I'm really behind in reading blogs.  And will probably stay behind for the week.  You might not hear much out of me this week.  I'm still here, just so busy - and not feeling well at the moment, hopefully that will pass quickly.  I'll catch up as soon as I can, I surely do miss you all!

DSC03432

29 comments:

rosie said...

Oh Allie, I am sad that you are not feeling well... Hope it's not long before you are well again.. Thanks for all the beautiful photos.. one day we may even make it to see it our selves, but this is the next best thing.. lovely pictures..

Linda said...

What a gorgeous day!!! Your pics are just gorgeous!! Love the diner!!! Sounds like it was the perfect day!

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

What a lovely day ... and I love all the pictures... especially that last one with the yacht and miles and miles of water... hope you feel better soon my friend....
Hugz

jan said...

What great photos! I love the blue water, so pretty! That diner makes me want a chocolate milkshake! Hope you are back in the pink, soon!

Sharon said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos. It looks like a perfect summer day. I used to see so many of those freighters on Lake Michigan - it makes me homesick! I hope you're feeling better soon.

shez said...

hope you are feeling better soon Allie,have fun and enjoy yourself

Caron said...

What a great day! I haven't been to Port Huron in years. Sounds like a great idea!

Mary said...

Wow - what great pictures! I love the old historic buildings in the north country...and diners...oh my! I haven't been to one in years - I miss sitting at a counter stool and having a delicious breakfast. I'm amazed at the heat up there in MI - I think it's cooler here in FL...what wierd weather!

Linda said...

Thanks for the pictures! Love the old style of the diner. We don't really have diners down here!
Have lots of fun!

Patricia said...

Beautiful photos, Allie! I especially love those diner photos. Very cool.

So sorry you aren't feeling well. You are in my prayers today, sweet friend.

Love you much,
Pat

Cathy said...

Isn't it beautiful there. I love to walk along the water there. Where's the diner. I guess I missed that. Did you go to Mary Maxim's?

Hope you are feeling better. Hugs

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Hope you enjoy your time and get some rest!
I love the last picture of the sailboat....I could see that as a quilt!!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cool diner!!!! Love those mugs.

Dolores said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Too much sun? I love those photos and I can see why the diner is your favourite place.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow! Those pictures are wonderful. Looks like you had a fantastic time. I must get over there sometime. Love that diner!

Susan said...

I am writing this with tears in my eyes--I am homesick (in a good way). This is the land of my birth and Michigan will always be dear to my heart. Thank you so much for the pictorial.

Michele said...

I do hope you feel better soon! Looks like a lovely trip.....thanks for sharing your pictures!

soggibottom said...

Good to see your side of that large pond Allie. Not on about Lake Huron here :-) BUT wow, what a great place to spend a Summer day. Hope you had fun, now you have to recover from it :-) x x x

Mary-Kay said...

Next time I'm in Port huron, I'm going to check out that restaurant. It looks so cool! Your last pic is awesome. It looks so serene.

Michelle said...

What a great bunch of pictures.

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

What a beautiful day and your photos are just gorgeous!

Patchwork Sisters said...

Beautiful pictures, and I love the diner. Looks like fun and brings back memories! Feel better soon.

Ivory Spring said...

Oooooo - those look like pictures from a dream vacation!

Liz said...

That diner looks like my kind of place!

Jan said...

Enjoyed your pictures-what a perfect day! Hope you feel better soon!

Talin's Corner said...

What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope you are feeling better today.

Cheryl said...

Hope you are better Allie!! Wonderful photos. Looks like the perfect day.

Mama Pea said...

Really great pix. I love the one of the coffee mugs. Looks like a great trip. Hope you are feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...