Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday, What A Day

 A lovely day.  Boys were gone all day, they celebrated some birthdays with their cousins by playing laser tag.  I stitched, and stitched, and stitched.  See?

DSC03343    2

I know, you really can't see, but you will.  *G*

I have a couple of tutorials for you.  Linda at Buzzing and Bumbling has done an upcycled jeans purse tutorial and is it CUTE. 


I've made jeans purses before, but not that cute!

And Susan from Sew Many Things To Say has made a darling little Happy Meal bird house,


which I think would look awesome in Christmas colors too!  Maybe with glitter for snow....sweet!

The mail has been coming in pretty steady.  No pics of the design wall today, I had to take the blocks down.  This is my sewing room, yes, but Sam also uses it for his therapy exercises and Pilates.  He went to put his mat down yesterday, and kind of whooshed it, and all the blocks went flying off the wall.  I THOUGHT I had my own room......

I got a few things in the mail myself.  Kind of exciting when that happens, isn't it?  Remember Caroll's scissors fob tutorial?  Well, she sent me a fob!  Front:

DSC03339    2
DSC03340    2

and back.  As you can see, it's in use already!  Thank you Caroll, I just love it, your stitching is so perfect!

And Lyn from Blue Bird Quilts sent me this gorgeous pattern...

DSC03341    2

She remembered that Japanese quilt I had done in January, for our first Christmas Club give-away, and thought I might like it.  Yep, I like.  I like a LOT.  Thank you darling Lyn!

And Kathy from Quilting Along The Gorge sent me this gorgeous fat quarter:

DSC03335    2

Sooooo pretty - love the hearts on it - thank you Kathy!

Tonight I have to charge up every battery I have, tomorrow is a beach day in Port Huron.  We're meeting our friends.  It's supposed to be 90 here, so I'm thinking the beach will be pretty crowded! 

I have a funny story to tell you.  Last week, Sam and I were driving home, and I came up on a car where the guy was texting as he drove.  He was going 35 in a 45.  So, I used my turn signal, went around him, signaled again and got back in the lane.  Didn't cut him off, didn't flip him off, just nice and easy.  You know, like the mother of an impressionable soon-to-be-driver should.  Somehow this outraged the guy....I saw him throw his phone on his seat, grip the steering wheel, then he floored it, went around me and cut me off.  JUST as he cut me off, his hood flew up against the windshield and he couldn't see where he was going.  I don't think I've ever laughed so hard, I could hardly drive myself  - and I know he heard us shrieking with laughter, all of our windows were open.  I've never seen justice administered so quickly, or so aptly.

Let this be a lesson to you, Detroit drivers.  You don't ALL own the road!

See you Monday, hope I have some beach pictures for you!  And I hope you all enjoy your day as much as I will!

34 comments:

rosie said...

I just love that little peak you give us Allie.... lovely gifts for a beautiful person... can't wait to see the sea!

Elisa said...

Love it when you share these tutorials, Allie! I'm definitely making that denim purse :) loved your story even more.... There's been more than one instance where I would've appreciated swift justice on I-696! Have fun at the beach tomorrow!

Elisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ladybelle1234 said...

Very cute scissors fobs!!

shez said...

hahaha so funny very quick Karma on this guy Allie lol,lol

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh my, too funny! That's what he gets for texting and driving!!!

Sandra :) said...

Gorgeous gifties!

Just think - we'll be in Port Huron in THREE WEEKS!!!!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the look of the 'peak"...great story Allie.....

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Oh how funny - pity you didn't have a video going..... lovely gifties you got....
Hugz

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely happy post!
Thank you for the links.
Some gorgeousness came your way. Very pretty.

KaHolly said...

Loved your funny story. Something similar happened to me once on Cape Cod, where in the summertime, the traffic is horrendous; bumper-to-bumper! The driver was weaving in and out of traffic, being a real menace, and further up the road we came upon him and he'd sideswiped the curb and blown both tires on the passenger side of his car. Hope you have a fun time at the beach! ~karen

Carol said...

OMG I laughed and laughed...instant Karma...that is the most wonderful story! Thanks for the chuckle this morning. Have tons of fun at the beach!

The Farmer's Attic said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Thanks for posting my tutorial, Allie. I can't wait to see your finished project. So glad you got an entire Saturday to stitch...I mean play. Don't you hate when we don't really have our own room? My girls are getting the sewing/crafting bug and my room is being invaded more and more. It' a blesssing and a curse. lol

Talin's Corner said...

Very lovely gifts to a well deserved person. I wish I had been there to laugh along with you. I think we have all had experiences with drivers who text. With all the warnings and scares I cannot understand why drivers continue to text. What is so important?

Joy said...

Wow that was Karma in a hurry LOL. I hope that taught him a lesson ;o).
Hope you had a fabulous day at the beach!!!
Love n hugs,
Joy ;o)

Vicki ♥ said...

You have been busy sweet Allie :) and getting some lovely things in the mail too :) hugs Vicki x

Loralynn said...

lol That's what he gets for being such a butt head!

Michelle said...

Lots of happy stitching going on at your house. :-)

Oh my. Texting driver and karma. We almost never get to witness such things. LOL!

Mary said...

My my you have been a busy bee :) I can't wait to see that project you're working on. We had a similar thing with a driver who followed us through a subdivision - speed limit 30. We were going 30 and the driver was right on our rear bumper wanting us to go faster, well they whipped around us (in a no passing zone) and there was a motorcycle police officer right there as they pulled in front of us - blue lights went on and they got pulled over. As Em would say, "ha ha!"

West Michigan Quilter said...

What a funny story. Talk about instant karma! Bet you love your mail man. Glad you liked the fob. Such a sweet person deserves a nice gift!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hello sweetheart!!!

I had to giggle at your story - poetic justice for sure!!! :-)

I'm posting my block to you today sweetie, so hope it arrives on time.

Can't wait to see the rest of your stitching Allie - so neat and so cute! Love it!

Love and hugs darling! Vikki xo ;-)

Carrie P. said...

Can't wait to see the sneak peek. I know it will be great. cute fob!
Oh, I know that was not fun to see the blocks flying to the floor. lol
That is funny about that driver. Serves him right. When are people going to learn. That was a good lesson for your son.

Jan said...

What fun to have the mailmann come every day----wonderful goodies! Thanks for sharing!

susan m hinckley said...

Great story! Gotta love it when the universe steps up and serves up a little well-deserved payback!

I guess that's why you get such great mail, Allie -- it's just the universe's way of telling you how great you are. Look at that beautiful quilt you're putting together -- it's going to be beautiful and the recipient will feel so much love. Thanks for being you!

Linda said...

It was so much fun to start reading your blog and see my little jeans purse! (I've been carrying it around the last few days and have really gotten a lot of comments.)
The story about the driver was hilarious! Yes, he got what he deserved. We have a no texting while driving law in San Antonio, so we don't see that as often as we used to. (scary stuff to see someone speeding down the interstate while their eyes are on their phone, though!)

Dolores said...

I am intrigued with your little hint. Good for you for keeping your cool. My husband refuses to get upset with awful drivers. It's not worth the stress.

Cheryl said...

Such a wonderful peek!! So many wonderful goodies and again great tutorials. My package to you should be there tomorrow!! Have a great beach day.

Michelle Ridgway said...

That's what you hope will happen but you usually don't get to SEE it happen. Serves him right...shouldn't have been texting and driving...what does it take really! Lovely pressies in the mail.

VivJM said...

Ooh, you are a tease with your sneak peek :-)

Lol at the highway karma!

sewtakeahike said...

I hope you had a great day at the beach, Allie! That's really funny about that driver, but kinda scary too!!

June said...

I grew up in Port Huron!! Haven't been back in years, tho. Love your blog!

Linda said...

Love our little peek. Hope you had a great day at the beach. Sure was a beautiful day for it!

em's scrapbag said...

Happy sewing day and good mail you must be living right :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...