Sunday, June 26, 2011

Updates On Kaaren's Quilts

Hi everyone!  A few updates for you.  I've added a paypal donation button to my sidebar, a few overseas folks have asked how they can contribute and this is the fastest, easiest way.  Paypal automatically converts dollars.  EVERY DOLLAR will got to Kaaren - either to pay for materials for the quilts or shipping, or to her personally to use at her discretion. 

I've already received the first block [thank you Caroll!]  and am looking forward to the rest.  I'm thrilled with the response for Kaaren.  I will be posting regular updates on how the quilts are coming as I work on them.  You'll get to make them along with me!

Canadian friends, I know your mail carriers are on strike, rest assured I will use all of your blocks when you are able to send them.  Nobody will be left out.  Judging by the response in emails, there will be at least 3 quilts.  The love for her is a wonderful thing to see!

I've been working hard to clear my plates [as they spin!] so I can concentrate on nothing but Kaaren's quilts when the blocks start arriving.  I'm currently writing a pattern, should be finished by Wednesday at the latest - making my June Christmas gift, should be done by tonight - and have started re-doing my Portholes pattern for sale later this year.  That will be a slow project, as there's no deadline.  

My son Sam has started physical therapy for his scoliosis, I can take it with me to appointments and to the Y while he works out.  Must have handwork for these things, right? 

I haven't forgotten the Christmas club, I'll be doing my linky post later today or tomorrow.  I've been so busy that I've been unable to comment on your blogs, and for that I'm truly sorry - it's one of the highlights of my day!  But I have been reading when I can and will catch up as soon as I can.  I miss you!

16 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Don't worry about comments. You have way too much on your plate right now. We love you and understand and thank you for all you are doing! Hugs.C

luv2quilt2 said...

Just finished my block and hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.

susan m hinckley said...

I love the line "clearing my plates (as they spin!)", Allie! It will be lovely to see these quilts as they take shape under your loving and skillful hands. Well done!

paulette said...

Allie you are a doll!! Thanks so much for doing all this!! Does the heart good!! :o)
Paulette

Wanda said...

Thank you so much for doing this for her. We all appreciate the work that you have and will be doing. I'm so excited that the response was so great, Kaaren deserves it.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Have fun....thinking of you...
Hugz

Wendy B said...

aw sweety....forget the replies....you are juggling!!!! so pleased to hear of such a positive response for Kaaren...it will certainly keep you on your toes and spinning those proverbial plates!!!!
thoughts are with you dear one....my package is in the mail!
XXX sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Lyn said...

Hello Allie, it will be enough to co ordinate the quilts.....it will feel like Christmas Allie when you start receiving the blocks...hugs lyn

Tonya said...

What a blessing that you are doing this. I am sure someone would love to step up and help you make a couple of those quilts too and would be blessed by it.

Mama Spark said...

Go Allie Go!! You are making me tired girlfriend!!

Sew Useful Designs said...

You are wonderful,Allie!!! Love you to bits! I would love to make a block for Kaaren. I shall read your other posts to see if there is mention of size, etc. Darling could you please send me your address? Love you sweetheart!
Vikki xoxoxoxooxoxox

Cheryll said...

As I am away-my friend Sharon V will make a block on my behalf. How NICE is that! WOW I'm just blown away with quilters/crafters generousity. Kaaren will feel the love sent along with these blocks/quilts I'm sure. :)

Deb said...

My block will be in the mail on Tuesday.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Oh Allie, I have been conspicuously quiet and though I have been occasionally reading blogs, but as you know I have been mainly lurking, so can you give me the details on the blocks you need for Kaaren so that I can join in? Big Hugs...

Martha said...

Thank you so much Allie for providing the link for donations. This is a perfect way for me to contribute at this busy time.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wow, you do have alot of plates spinning in the air right now. I love having some handwork for all those appointments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...