Monday, June 27, 2011

June Strut Your Stuff Is Here!

It's almost the end of the month, and it's time for our linky party again!  Boy this month went fast.  Remember my theory, that the closer we get to Christmas the faster the days go?  It's holding true.

For my gift this month, I made Jenny's Plum Pudding table center.  LOVE IT!  Oh so cute.

DSC03276    2

Look at the retro Santa fabric I used for it....

DSC03275    2

I made mine a wee bit different, because I didn't have a 26" square of suitable fabric!  So I made it smaller and it's an ornament.  I think it's the cutest ever and you can get the pattern in Jenny's etsy shop, along with several other new Christmas patterns.  And did you know Jenny has a new online magazine???  Every month you get 3 patterns [worth $12] for only $4!  Personally, I think her patterns are worth much more than that...I love her style.

And speaking of Jenny, look what she went and did.  She bought me a book.

DSC03278    2

She's making the little quilts from it, and I'm going to join her.  Thank you Jenny, you are a doll - I really love this book!  I think my favorite quilt in it is Dandelions [or maybe The Night Garden.]


The blocks for Kaaren's quilt have started rolling in, for those of you who put your email in the envelope I'll be emailing you shortly.  Thank you so much to those who have donated, it will help a lot!

So are you done with your gift for this month?  I found it hard to get going, because it's warm outside and I didn't have a clue what to make [until I saw Jenny's new patterns!].  Remember you have until midnight my time on the 30th to do your blog post and link up.  You can also upload your pictures to our flickr group, found here.  That's a good place to put your pics if you don't want to post your gift on your blog, then I can just add them to my blog and your giftee won't see!  Email me if you'd like me to do that, or leave a comment here.  And don't forget our lovely give-away gift for all those who've made gifts this month -

This adorable snowman table topper, made by my Tickled Pink partner Cheryl, of Polka Dots and Rick Rack!  Thank you Cheryl you are wonderful!

Finish up your last minute stitches, get your blog post in [or email me your pic] and link up!

26 comments:

Fiona@BubzRugz said...

Your plum pudding is georgeous.... well done and have lots of fun with the book....
Hugz

Linda said...

Plum Pudding table center is just darling! Love the retro fabric too.

Val said...

Oh your project is beautiful. I don't feel like I have accomplished a lot since I am learning some hand work like embroidery but will link up soon. Hope to do more.

Cheryl said...

I love your Plum Pudding table centerpiece...I will definitely be making that!!! You know my simple Xmas project for the month..well guess I better get it made! My block will be winging it's way to you!

shez said...

Allie you have done a wonderful job of the plum pudding it looks fantastic,well done

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a cute little pud!

Carol said...

What a cute Plum Pudding! Put my block in the mail yesterday. Thank you so much for doing this for Kaaren.

Shasta said...

The Plum Pudding ornament is really cute. The book looks interesting, looks like it would have great patterns in there.

Carrie P. said...

OH, your little plum pudding is so sweet.
That book looks great.
Thanks for the reminder for the block. I have had company and I have made myself a note to try to get to it the end of the week.

Cheryll said...

I'm on my way with the custard! Yum..it looks good enough to eat!
Nice job Allie...as usual!
Cheers

Michelle said...

What a fabulous idea! Very cute creations too. Um....I'll be packing. LOL!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your plum pudding looks so cute! Wow, that book is such a wonderful gift. Good for you! Now I have to get my project finished!

Kim D. said...

Oh, your ornament is adorable. I've been gone so I'll have to go back and read about the blocks for Kaaren.

Shelley said...

I love the santa fabric. I can see that ornament for table decorations....Adorable!
Hopefully I linked up right this time....LOL

Em said...

I love the cover of Sara's book and had no idea it was out!!! What a wonderful post with your sweet Santas, reading material and fun galore!!!!! Em

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Allie, the plum pudding looks fantastic....

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oooo! Too plum pudding is too cute! That book is pretty fabulous too. Jenny is fabulous!
xx, shell

Loralynn said...

How cute! Your plum pudding turned out darling!

susan m hinckley said...

Love your ornament, Allie! You're an inspiration (as well as an aspiration -- HOW DO YOU GET SO MUCH DONE??!! I need to take some lessons from you.)

VivJM said...

Allie, I LOOOOVE that plum pudding!!

I just picked up that book from the library yesterday and have been drooling over it too ;-)

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

Love your cute little plum puddin! Such a lovely gift it looks wonderful, enjoy!!

Wendy said...

Love the christmas pud! I've managed to get one whole present done this month! Should I say it again? I will do better next month.... hmm, we'll see about that!

Val said...

I linked up using a previous post earlier in the month showing my hat and scarf that I made for Christmas. I hope that is ok. Thank you as always for your encouragement.

Sandra :) said...

Your plum pudding ornament is totally adorable - that fabric is delicious (pun intended) :)

Cheryl said...

Am I last on the list again!! :-)!! Got my Plum Pudding pattern from Jenny. I can't wait to make it!

Mama Pea said...

That looks like an interesting book. I'm going to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...