Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Got Machines? [lots and lots of pics....]

This evening, mum and I went visiting.  The first place we visited was my friend Cathy's house, she moved recently and is still unpacking.  Especially in the studio.  I started taking pics of her sewing machines....good thing I don't have to pay for film, that's all I can say.  I thought you might like to see what the Queen of Machines has in her sewing room!

Count with me.

One.  The Kenmore.

DSC03197    1


Two.  The New Home.

DSC03195    1
DSC03196    1

Three.  The Ellegante.

DSC03182    1

 Four.  The Sashiko.  Yes, it replicates sashiko hand stitching.  AMAZING machine.  I wish she would plug it in once.

DSC03198    1

Five.  The frame and Baby Lock.

DSC03188    1
DSC03194    1

Six.  We're not sure exactly what this is.

DSC03189    1

Seven.  The Brother.

DSC03186    1

Eight.  The Singer.

DSC03183    1

Nine.  The White Rotary.

DSC03180    1
DSC03175    1

Ten.  The Singer Red Eye.

DSC03179    1

Eleven, and her favorite and mine.  The Sister.

DSC03202    1
DSC03206    1

So, do you think she has enough?  No?  You're right.  She has FOUR MORE she hasn't brought home yet.  She's still in the market for a Featherweight, and the treadle she wants.  Her sewing room is my favorite room in the house, obviously. 

I also took some pics of her flowers...

DSC03166    1

they were watching me from inside with the a/c on.  Mum with her characteristic serious pose.

DSC03168    1

Tomorrow I'll tell you about when we got to Shirley's house.   And hopefully I'll remember a recipe to give you too....oh yum!

31 comments:

shez said...

OMG Allie i cant believe one person has so many machines,lol,she's right if one breaks down,lol

Michelle Ridgway said...

Good grief....I still have my new one in the box and use the old one. I'm gob-smacked!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Good grief....I still have my new one in the box and use the old one. I'm gob-smacked!!!

Melody said...

Goodness me, quite amazing.

Jeanette said...

Oh! What a collection of machines. Amazing. :) Happy Stitching,

Sew Useful Designs said...

Oh seriously WOW, Allie! I'm in love with the blue machines... in fact, in love with all of them. Your friend is one very blessed lady! I hope she uses the Sashisko machine too! I bet you feel like a little girl in a candy store when you visit eh?!!!

Hugs darling! Vikki xoxoxo

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Can't say anything...jaw dropped too far to the floor and shattered. ;-)
Wow.
Hugs
Jen
xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG....well, I am impressed....LOL

Mary said...

Holy Moly! She has A LOT of sewing machines! I love the blue and aqua colored sewing machines :) I'll bet she is having fun setting up her new place too. I can't wait for the recipe - I'm always ready to try something new and yummy.

Mama Spark said...

She just may even have more than Pauline!!! I'll have to ask her.

BubzRugz said...

Now that is a serious stitching addict.....
Hugz

Shari said...

Wow! What a collection. So glad she shared her passion with you so we could see it too. Hopefully she has sewn with all of them...

Sandra :) said...

I'm ever so fond of the older machines - the all metal workhorses from decades ago (hence my love for my 1953 Singer!) - I particularly love the coloured machines - they're just so PRETTY!!! One of these days I'll find a turquoise or pink machine in fine working order for a reasonable price and that puppy will come home with me to be loved and used, lol!

Cathy's collection of machines is rather awesome - does she use all of them? Could #6 be a White Westinghouse?

Dandelion Quilts said...

Look at all of those machines...crazy cool! Look at your mom, bless her! Made me laugh.

Shelley said...

How fun!!
I just had to look up the Sister Machine...So cute!! Love the picture of the girls peeking out the window...LOL

Darlene said...

Wow - that's an incredible collection. Thank you for sharing, Allie.

Martha said...

I've seen lots of quilters with crazy amounts of fabric, but machines? What an amazing collection -- her studio must be enormous. I really love the colors and the architecture of those vintage machines.

Thanks for the photos, Allie -- that was fun to see.

Terry said...

Wow! That's a lot of sewing machines! I have only one...I think I'm deprived! LOL And your mum must be a stitch! She's always making faces at the camera! :0)

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG And I was feeling guilty about having three! I'm with Terry, I must be deprived. Looking forward to that recipe!

Sue said...

That is a lot of machines. I have seven of them so I'm not far behind. But four of those are Singer Featherweights, which I collect :)

Carrie P. said...

whoa! that is a lot of machines. I like the little"sister"
Your mom is so funny.

Dolores said...

I loved it. I won't show you mine. They are all over the house and I don't even know if they all work. I'm still hoping for a Featherweight. You have the best times with your mom.

susan m hinckley said...

Oh. My. Goodness. She is like the anti-me. But what a wonderful room that must be!

Sarah or Semmy said...

Thought you might like to know that number 6 is a Montgomery-Wards machine. I once owned the first zig-zag machine that MW put out. It was destroyed in a Tornado in 1979. This was a very interesting post.

Lyn said...

Hi Allie, I thoroughly enjoyed sewing the sewing machines....I have seven to date...hugs lyn

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, love love love those machines. Thanks for sharing! :)

Tanya said...

Wow, I guess I don't have to feel guilty about having an extra machine that rarely gets used... I sure like that Red Eyed Singer!

Lori said...

6 is a Singer 15 "clone".

Linda said...

Holy Moly sewing machines!!!

Lauranie said...

Dang...and I thought I was a little obsessive with six!! She looks like she has LOTS more space than me, I am thoroughly GREEN with Envy!! ;) xo

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I love her machines! And I feel so much better. I have my big machine, my little machine for classes, my serger, my embroidery machine, and a treadle machine. So, that's five. And we just got rid of an old one that belonged to my hubby's grandmother. I am about to buy my daughter one, and I really want a featherweight. So, I might almost catch up with her. LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...