Saturday, May 21, 2011

Steady As She Goes

Well it's the weekend.  Not much difference from the week [for me] except my boy is home.  Although he did work today - he's not fond of one-day weekends, but he likes the paycheck.

Things have been slow but steady in Allie-land, not much excitement around here.  Although I did receive a lovely package today!   My sweet friend Michelle from The Raspberry Rabbits had a give-away, and I won -

DSC02953    1

Doesn't that look interesting?  She also sent a couple of Bliss raspberry chocolates and some lovely tea - which I'm sorry to say didn't stick around long enough to get their portrait done.  Thank you Shell!!!!  I can't wait to watch it tonight!  By the way, Shell has a new addition to her household - she's GORGEOUS - go see!

I have been busy, but not with much that I can show you.  I'm working on a secret project, and it's slow-going.  I'm also working on other things when I get stuck on the secret project....such as the Summer Sand Pails quilt, by Gwen Marston, the pattern is on Homespun's site here

DSC02951    2

Really fun and quick - except I'm making my pail handles out of rick rack, I think.  The handles go on the top portion of the block, while the pails are on the bottom.

Also going to be starting something with these fabrics.....

DSC02952    2

for a very special friend.  AND I'm working on some stitcheries,  for another special friend.

DSC02950    2

What I'm NOT working on is my Christmas gift for May.  I really need to do that!  How are you coming with yours?  Do you need some more ideas?  Well, then, you're in luck.  Carmen has been busy sending me tutorials, bless her!  Here we go.

From Sew4Home, a darling half apron. 

From Toad's Treasures, a kitchen towel mat tutorial, among others!  I personally love the owl.  Scroll down the right hand side.

From Flamingo Toes, another darling apron.

From Windham Fabrics, an apron, gorgeous quilt,  and an apron and table mat.

From Sharon Holland Designs, several lovely projects to make.

Now let's see if I can kick it in high gear and get busy making a Christmas gift - although we do have nine days to complete one.  No hurry, right? *gulp*

28 comments:

shez said...

well done Allie on having a win.
Your quilt is looking great,well done,have a great weekend Allie.

Martha said...

Congrats on winning the give-away -- the idea of fabric journaling really appeals to me.

Love your pastel fabrics and you included a seersucker -- isn't it fun to mess with textures? Can't wait to see what you're going to do with these.

I love houses and I love redwork. Your pattern (and your stitching) is amazing. I want to do this!

and finally . . . thank you so much for the half apron tutorials. I'm on an apron kick right now and it was so fun looking at these links.

You're the best, Allie!!

Sandra :) said...

Errrrrrrrrr I'm about 1/10th done on the Christmas gift I'm working on this month - I need to get my butt in gear and git'r'done!

WoolenSails said...

Nice win, love quilting arts, such beautiful projects.
Thanks for the links, I like sharons birds, nice gift idea.

Debbie

BubzRugz said...

I saw you had won that book... what fun.... you have lots of lovely projects on the go.... i'm looking forward to seeing them all grow......

Hugz

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the win Allie!!!! You do have lots of great projects in the works!! Can't wait to check out the links.

jan said...

Lots of lovely projects! Before we know it the year will be half over!

Jeanette said...

Well done with the win. Aren't those choccies Shell sends delicious. Beautiful projects happening there.Those fabrics are lovely. Can't wait to see what you make with them. Happy Stitching,

Penny said...

Congrats on winning Shell's giveaway. Thanks for the links!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations on your win. I've seen that book before and it is great. Has some fantastic projects in it. Love that redwork. Unless I get my act together it looks like another month of no additions to my Christmas gift basket. I'm sorry. Yard work has taken over my life lately.

Val said...

The DVD looks very interesting. Good win. Checked out all the links. The projects all look good. Your buckets are looking good. I love that shell fabric and you red stitchery looks so neat! Did I forget to say how I am going with my Christmas item? Hmm. I better get busy :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congrats on the win! Sounds like you have alot of projects going at once. Sounds familiar. I think most of us like to work on a few different things at once so we don't get bored on the same project all the time. Your redwork design is looking nice.

VivJM said...

Congrats on your win! Great idea to use ricrac for your handles :-)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Congrats on the win and your hand work looks wonderful as usual!

Mickie said...

Congrats! The book looks interesting!!! I love the embroidery you are working on! Thanks for the links, Allie:)
Hugs and yes, I am going to start working on Christmas again......er..tomorrow...YEH, tomorrow :D
Hugs, Mickie

Mama Pea said...

Congrats on your win. Is that a video? It looks really good. I love, love, love your sand pail fabrics and what you're doing with them. Too cute! I can't wait to see that one. I also love your stitchery. I hope you're getting to enjoy some of this good weather finally, too!

Kim D. said...

Congrats on the win Allie, the quilting arts video looks wonderful! The sand pail quilt is adorable, can't wait to see it with the ric rac handles. I love any kind of by the sea or ocean themed quilts, they are so fun. Your redwork block is really cute too. You really are busy.

soggibottom said...

Always love to see you busy Allie :-) all this looks exciting stuff too. Christmas ?
Wassat ?
:-)xxx

rosie said...

Hoping you are having a fantastic day no matter what you are doing Allie..xx

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Even though I am not following along with the Christmas projects, I love when you post the tutorials.

clare's craftroom said...

Oh I love a winner ! You are always so busy , how's the Christmas gift going ?

em's scrapbag said...

Congrats on your win. Looking forward to seeing your secret project and the sand pails. Tha one is on my list also.

susan m hinckley said...

I love redwork, Allie -- I think that embroidery you're working on will be a favorite! And it actually gives me a little hope that you haven't done your gift yet with 9 days to go . . . thanks for the lift!

donna said...

Congrats on your win.
Hugs
donna

Emily said...

ooh, thanks for the shout-out! you have a dandy blog here!:)
Emily
Toad's Treasures

Michelle May (Shell) said...

So glad your number came up sweets! Enjoy your prize. Thanks for the links too!
xx, shell

Talin's Corner said...

Not sure if you have had a look at the book, but I took a class with Elin and I loved the way my fabric journal turned out (I posted it a long time ago). She is very much a free spirit. Can't wait to see what you do.

Carrie P. said...

Happy Memorial Day, Allie. I have been catching up on your blog posts.
Congrats on your win.
Those cat pictures were so funny.
It has been bad with the flooding and tornadoes this year. While we were in Illinois the tornado sirens went off three times while we stayed at my in-laws. That was a first for me. A little scary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...