Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Bad Case Of The Now-whats

Another beautiful spring day here in Michigan.  Made especially beautiful because I AM DONE.

DSC02824

The marathon binding session has ended successfully.  Now what?

I took some time to smell the flowers today.  Well, at least take pics. 

DSC02802

Those are from my friend Cathy's garden.  These are from my tree outside my window....

DSC02785

That tree is always filled with bees, so I took the pic through the glass of my window.  Glad I cleaned it.  The tree is getting ready to burst into bloom - I hope no storms take them off before they have a chance to open.

So after I took some time to smell the flowers, it hit me.  What do I do next?  One of the projects in baggies?  Something new?  A UFO?  I have no idea.  I might take time to stretch and breathe before starting something new.  One thing I will have to make is a pillowcase for Carol at Brown Quilts - and she could use your help too.  Go here and bring a box of tissues, then please help.  What a great cause.

I have a couple of tutorials for you, courtesy of Carmen [thank you Carmen!].   From Kojodesigns, a great bag pattern with a bunch of pockets, lovely!  And from Vivat Veritas, another great bag. 

You know the Versatile Blogger award Leslie just gave me?   Well, Cathy gave me one too!  Talk about feeling special!  Thank you Cathy!  I'll not try to do another 7 things... I can hear you sighing with relief.....

All right, I'm going to go read blogs.  And read and read and read.  Then tomorrow, I'm going to let hubby cook a turkey and have mum over for dinner.  I hope all you ladies have a wonderful Mother's Day.  May you be dreadfully spoiled.  For those of you whose children wear fur coats, I don't advise letting them bring you breakfast in bed - this video is for you.




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

28 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Allie, the quilt is just delicious and I am so inspired by your lovely pictures.... but I have to talk to you about these links... I HAVE ENOUGH BLOGS TO READ without further temptation..... mmmmm
Hope your day is wonderful
Hugz

shez said...

happy mother's day Allie and love the quilts and what pretty white flowers,they are like little bells

paulette said...

Your hand quilting is incredible!! That is an ART! Love this video!!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day too!
P

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Mothers Day Allie...well one on your finish, beautiful quilting...now to watch the dogs...

WoolenSails said...

The quilt is beautiful and the binding is really well done. I actually love to hand sew the binding, I find it relaxing. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Debbie

jan said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks lovely! The video is too funny! Thanks for sharing and have a happy Mother's Day!

Mary said...

I love the quilting you did on that quilt - what patience you have! The pictures are beautiful and oh how I would love some nice spring weather. That video was adorable - some people have such great imaginations. Happy Mother's Day to you Allie :)

Mary-Kay said...

Great job! And Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom.

Shiree said...

what a beautiful quilt Allie, I hope you are having a fab Mother's Day~~

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done with your binding effort. Your quilt looks lovely as do your photos. I hope your day was special.

Mickie said...

Wow your quilt is GORGEOUS!!! Have a wonderful day and enjoy your turkey! Hugs, Mickie

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

Love your hand quilting and the binding is so neat and perfect.Happy Mother's Day!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Your quilt is looking SO gorgeous. What a lot of work it must have been, but the results are totally paying off.

Sara said...

Happy Mother's Day! The video was super adorable:)

Heather x said...

Happy Mother's day Allie!
Enjoy your Turkey :)
Wow what an awesome video!

*hugs* Heather x

Cyndi said...

Hey Allie! Your quilt turned out soooo beautiful! I just love it...and I know that you are happy that you have it finished now. I'm sure that you will soon be working on a project - whether if be one of your UFOs or something new, but taking time for yourself is good.

Enjoy your day with your mom today, and let those guys at your house wait on you. Have a very, very Happy Mothers' Day, my friend.

Oh, and I have seen that video with the dogs before...it's so hilarious...I love it!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Terry said...

Congratulations on a wonderful finish! The white bleeding heart is beautiful! I used to have one but it died. I must get another one of these days! :0)

1foxiegrannie said...

Love that Quilt and your stitching is sublime Allie! Happy Mother's Day and blessings to all in your family!
Carmen

rosie said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Allie... A great finish with a beautiful quilt...

Shari said...

Looks like spring has finally arrived! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Gotta get back to binding myself. I love to do the binding.
Beautiful flowers and that video is hilarious!
xx, shell

Jan said...

Your quilt is beautiful. What lovely quilting stitches! The video is so funny---thanks for sharing it! The white bleeding heart is so pretty---so spring-like!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, congrats on the finish. What a sweet quilt.

Love those flower pictures too.

Re: Retro decorating is cool! :)

Shelley said...

Your quilt and the quilting is beautiful! I don't think I have ever seen a white bleeding hear. I just love it!
Now to watch the video and look at the links... : )

susan m hinckley said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt, Allie! Where's the picture of you holding up that wondrous trophy?!
(And thank goodness Cooper did not try to bring me breakfast in bed, although I wouldn't put it past him.)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day celebration! What a great idea to cook a turkey dinner. I could seriously eat a turkey dinner with all the fixing on a regular basis.

Love the pretty fabric you used ~ sunny yellow is so appealing. But I AM surprised that you have UFOs - I thought only us knitters had those hanging about - LOL

Talin's Corner said...

Great job on your finish. I did not realize that bleeding hearts (that is the first flower picture, right?) came in white. I love them.

Joanne Lendaro said...

WHITE bleeding hearts?!?!?! COOL!! I had pink ones in Indy, miss them. I've got some rhododendron bushes that are pink and in full bloom. Full of bees and an occassional hummingbird. The forsythia is just as yellow as ever and some other 25 letter flower is budding away. I've notice that all of the flowers here have at least 20 letters in them. lol!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...