Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday

Is it Tuesday AGAIN?  Oh my how time is flying!  Join Cheryl and I in posting what's tickling you today!

There are a few things tickling me today.  First is a package I received yesterday from Martha at Q is for Quilter.  Martha found some vintage fabric and thought I might like some - OH YES - look at this gorgeous fabric!

DSC02665    2
DSC02668    2
DSC02667    2

I love it so much!  The colors, design, it's vintage but has a very modern feel too  - not sure what I'll make yet, but I'm leaning towards curtains, so I can see it all day every day.  I think it's perfect for spring and summer and would really lighten and brighten the sewing room, which tends to be pretty dark.  Thank you so much Martha!

If you've not been to her blog, you are really missing out.  Martha has been working on a wedding for her daughter - right now she's making vintage inspired aprons for the bridal shower.  Martha is the Queen of Vintage.  Her quilts are awe-inspiring.  Go see her blog and wear a bib - check out her sidebar too, she has quite the collection of vintage stitchery patterns as well!

The other thing tickling me today is how much quilting I'm getting done on my Sis Boom quilt.

DSC02669    2

I have two and a half rows left to quilt.   I'm trying to get it finished for Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival on May 13th.  I'm pretty pleased with the progress I've made this past week.  Not too pleased that I'm so far behind on my blog reading, however - but I can't do it all.  I've been watching The Walton's while I work, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed that show.

The third thing tickling me today is the warm weather.  Today it's going to 74F, humid and very summer-like.  Of course there's a trade-off, we'll be having some severe storms.  Nothing like the south - a very small threat of tornadoes here, but to the south they are having storm after deadly storm.  There's been what, 565 tornadoes so far this year?  Maybe more, not sure.  Just an unbelievable number.  Please do keep our southern neighbors in your prayers.  And if you're in the risk area, please be safe and keep an eye on the sky.....you are in our prayers.

I'll be doing my month-end post in a few days.  How are you doing with your Christmas gift this month?  I'm so happy to be done.  I also hope to be catching up with your blogs soon.  I miss you!

24 comments:

Cathy said...

The vintage fabric is great. I love the birds. Your Sis Boom quilt is great. I really love it. Like you I am tickled about the warm weather and seeing the sun again. Also tickled that I found some new blocks that I can't wait to try. Hugs.

susan m hinckley said...

Love that fabric! Such a wonderful vintage combination of colors . . . and YOUR QUILT is what's got me tickled today, Allie. Beautiful!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love that vintage fabric. The birds are so cute. Your Sis Boom quilt is coming along nice. It's not raining over there? It is supposed to rain here all week. Darn, guess I'll have to sew. I'm off to see Martha's blog. Thanks kfor the link.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The fabric is lovely Allie.....and your quilt is looking so good...

Michelle said...

I LOVE the fabric too! Very cheerful!!!

BubzRugz said...

The vintage fabric is wonderful.... will be lovely to use.... and I just love the quilt you are doing... what a lot of work...
Working on Christmas things today!!
Hugz

Kim D. said...

Wow, that birdie fabric is pretty, lucky you! Allie, your quilt is gorgeous, great job! I love those Sis Boom fabrics, don't forget to share it with Jennifer when you're done.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Goodness. That fabric is just beautiful. And so is your Sis Boom quilt. Can't wait to see it in all it's glory once it's finished.

Thanks for your concern about those of us in the south. If we get through tomorrow without too much problem, we get a couple days reprieve. It makes me glad for a basement in our house.

Cheryl said...

That vintage fabric is super duper wonderful!!!!! Congrats on all the quilting you are getting done! That quilt is so pretty!

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Your quilt is just Fabulous ;) Love the birdie fabric, too! what terrific colors.

Ivory Spring said...

That quilt is LOVELY - I am loving the look of it.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I might just have to un-follow you if you don't quit talking about Christmas....you are giving me anxiety attacks and it is only April :)

I love your quilt...it is so yummy and so is that vintage fabic. I have one piece of what I call vintage fabric...it was only 36 inches wide....I found it at a thrift shop and I made an apron out of part of it and the rest I hang onto for some future fun project....but it will have to be a good one because I will hate to see it all used up.

Smiles,
Kelly
PS...I love the Waltons too...I watched them when I was a kid...along with nanny and the professor.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Quilt looks fab!! Can't wait to see it all finished! And I'm thinking that fabric is soooo you!

Val said...

Oh my! that quilt is wonderful. Are you doing it by hand??? I am loving doing all this crotcheting so I think hand work might be my thing. We will see. I love being able to take it with me and work in the car. I am going to check on that blog you shared! As far as my Christmas present....not done yet! lol My little bump in the road with tmj has slowed me down. I love the challenge so hopefully I will get it finished. I do simple things so I gotta get busy!!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, Allie, I am so jealous that you have that sweet bird fabric. Curtains are a great idea. That way you will really see the pattern. Too cute!
Your quilt looks great. Such precise quilting.
Off to visit Martha. I love vintage.

Karen said...

The vintage fabric is a real treat. Some of the new fabrics are showing blue birds a lot like is on your fabric.

Mama Spark said...

Lucky you those birdies are adorable! Your quilt is turning out so well!! Keep up the good work!!

em's scrapbag said...

Those birdies are so cute! And your quilt is fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished.

soggibottom said...

I realised just how long it is since I have been here :-) x x x

Talin's Corner said...

I know I have said this before. I love your Sis Boom quilt.

Jan said...

Love that fabric--the birds are so cute!!!Your quilt is just marvelous! Keep up the great work!!! Glad the weather is warming up! Stay safe in the storms!

LesQuilts said...

Hi!
I have just given you a special award!
Please see my blog post for Apr 27!
Take care, Leslie
http://www.lesquilts.blogspot.com/

Val said...

I love that fabric. You know I love birds. Your quilt is looking marvelous. We have been seeing the storms and tornados in our news. They look very scary. I have just posted a feeble attempt at a Christmas item :)

Linda said...

That fabric is fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...