Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday

It's VERY early Tuesday morning [2:30am] so I thought I'd better get my post done - join Cheryl and I in celebrating whatever tickles you!

I was thinking of changing my blog named to You've Got Mail, or something.  But that was a movie, right?  Because yes, I'm going to show you more mail today.  One of these days I will have an actual project to show you, but not today. 


Today, Midge and Sandra tickled me pink with polka dots.  Midge sent me the most darling, darling glasses case - perfect for my bifocals!

DSC02573    2

Such pretty pictures on the case, and that card is too perfect. I'm in love with the artist.  Inside the case was a surprise:

DSC02574    2

A gorgeous butterfly magnet and three delicious milk chocolate bees!  There's a story behind those bees - Midge has a tutorial for making bee boxes on her blog, and I HATE bees.  I should say, I don't hate them, I'm terrified of them.  I know they're necessary and good, and God made them.  But why oh why did He give them stingers?  When I see one, I do a special Bee Dance so they know to leave me alone.  My children don't think it's a real dance, they think I've lost my mind.  Midge always tries to get me to like bees.  Thank you Midge!  I do love the milk chocolate ones!

DSC02575    2
DSC02577    2

Isn't that a cute bee?  The picture of the butterfly doesn't do it justice, it's really gorgeous.

And then Sandra - I had admired some fabric she had used on her blog, and she graciously offered to send me some of it.  SO SO CUTE.  Not only did she send me a generous amount, she made me a little zipper pouch too!

DSC02579    2
DSC02580    2

Too sweet!  I think Sandra needs to come help me put in zippers, she does beautiful work.  Thank you Sandra!


Sandra and Robin commented on my last post about being organized, having a project ready to work on, and keeping your sewing area clean so you'd be motivated.  Well both comments hit me like a ton of bricks.  My sewing table is always covered with things I don't know what to do with - books, magazines, drawings, phone numbers, etc.  I have to clear it off to sew, and it's so annoying.  I realized that if my table was clean all the time, and I had my projects organized, I could get some work done in very small amounts of time.  So I'm on a mission to get organized!

Today, I deep-cleaned my room and moved furniture around.  Wow did it need it.  The rest of the week I'm going to work on finding a place for everything, and putting it there.  I think this will really help my motivation.

I also decided I'm not going to do a schedule for blogging.  Nobody pays me to sew or read blogs, so why do I put myself under so much pressure?  This is supposed to be fun, and I've been missing that lately.  So, back to fun it is.  Pressure is OFF.

Before I forget, the homeschool message board that I've been a member of for a VERY long time, is having the annual raffle.  There are gorgeous hand-made items, curriculum, a watercolor artist's set, even a $50 Visa card!  This is the largest homeschool site on the net, a really wonderful place - here's a link to the raffle if you'd like to check it out -   Homeschool Christian.

Lastly, Sam went downstairs to fill his water glass, and found Hermoine had stuffed herself into a box that was too small for her.  How she even got in here, I don't know.  But she was loving it and I had to share....

DSC02590    2
DSC02582    2

I hope she unfolds ok.  Like a cartoon cat.  It makes me stiff in the joints just to look at her.

I hope you all have a lovely week, mine is filled up already - busy busy - but I'm looking forward to relaxing in the evenings with you all and catching up on what you've been doing.  I'll see you on the blog rolls!

33 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Some wonderful mail made it to your house this week!

Hermione is too cute! I love how cats are always squeezing themselves into little boxes.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That was so thoughtful of your two blog friends to send such adorable gifts. I hope the bee chocolates will help you feel more friendly to bees : )

Mary said...

I'm with you on the bee phobia - LOL. You sure got some great goodies in the mail - the fabric and pouch are cuuuuuute :) Hermione looks quite comfy despite the box being small. I'm always amazed at how cats can contort themselves into the tiniest of places.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Such gorgeous gifts, Allie-girl! Hermoine is a hoot...she should come meet Sophie. Oh what fun they would have!!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Joanne Lendaro said...

Hermoine is too funny!! Great pictures!! The bees are sooo cute!! I would not want to eat them....the fabric and the zippered purse, LOVE the fabric!!!!
Can you come and clean my house now?? lol!! hugs!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Such lovely gifts. You sure have some nice friends! Love that bumble bee. Hermoine is too funny. Good luck on your cleaning. I always get distracted and the cleaning never seems to get done.

Val said...

Love your goodies in the mail. How does everyone have time to do this? I want to be like that and send goodies to sweet people like you. And I love the organizational tips. I sure need to read about that. I will visit their blogs tonight. But that kitty....oh my goodness. So cute!!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

ha, ha what a cute CUTE picture of your kitty. What fun to get so many goodies in the mail. Yep you've got mail!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, the cat in the box, it made me giggle. Cats are so funny. They like to hide in the silliest places.
Such very nice gifts you got in the mail. The bees are cute.
I always feel like I can get more sewing done when my room is clean.

Sandra :) said...

OMG Hermoine in the box is hysterical - she's such a temptress, peeking out with those sultry eyes ... my Zoomer took one look and tried to run up a wall!!! Boy cats are so silly :D

Glad you like your goodies - I can't believe how quickly you got them!!

Come on up to Toronto and I'll give you a zipper lesson :D

WoolenSails said...

Mail with goodies is always a nice treat.
Izzy who looks like Hermoine does the same thing, she likes to curl up in small areas.

Debbie

Mickie said...

She is too precious (your kitty)!!! I just love her to pieces :D Enjoy your treasures and I'm glad you are taking the pressure off yourself, you need to take care of YOU! :)
Hugs, Mickie

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.........so cute!

BubzRugz said...

lovely mail... after Sandra has helped you with zippers maybe she can come over here....
Hugz

Cathy said...

What generous friends you have. I'm with you the only bees I like are chocolate ones. Your cat is a real hoot. Hugs.

unfinishedquilts said...

Must be something in the air! Moved a chair out of the sewing room (read dining room) and put up a bookshelf. Took most of the stuff laying around and organized. Then my new scale for soapmaking came and I got sidetracked. Then hubby came home, his buddy came over and then the dogs ran away. Found the dogs and had to fix the fence. Oh well, will get back to work tomorrow.
Love that butterfly pin! Beautiful!

Lyn said...

My Dear Allie, I love the photo of puss in the box...grin....funny creature....I will show Jess when she comes in from work.....some lovely gifties.....hmmm when I was little I always seemed to stand on a bee and be stung....remember blue bags...that is what Mum used on the stings...take care hugs lyn

Val said...

You got some great mail. That bee looks so innocent. Your little cat is cute. I always remember Kitty crawled into one of those cardboard rings they put around burgers and ran around the house in a fit with the ring around her middle. Hermione looks very pleased with herself. Your fabric and zipper purse are lovely. Sandra is very generous. What is it with zippers? They are like wild animals that cannot be tamed in my sewing room no matter how careful I am :) Glad to hear you won't be rationing your blog time too much.
Cheers,
Val

rosie said...

We do put a lot of pressure on ourselves don't we, should be like our cats. I cleaned my sewing room today too! Wish I could stretch the walls!!!!

1foxiegrannie said...

You lucky girl you! Such awesome pretties!
Now about the organization ideas...Yeah, well, about those ideas...I try, but well, when I do I can't find a thing! LOL

Michelle May (Shell) said...

Oh Hermoine you silly and fun kitty! LOL! So sweet.

Loooooooove all your goodies girlfriend! How fun. I'll have to hop over and visit with the gals.

Have a great week. I'm busy too but happy busy!
xx, shell

Mama Pea said...

Funny cat! Love your haul! Glad you are back!

Wendy said...

Lovely fabric and pouch from Sandra! She's the zipper master. Good advice about your sewing room too. My cutting table and sewing desk are crowded with stuff and it's always such an effort to sort it out. Sandra makes up "kits" of cut out fabric/zips etc that she needs to make items so they're always ready and to hand. I've tried, and failed, to do this. Must try harder!

Talin's Corner said...

Wow, what wonderful mail surprises. You are a lucky woman. And I love the pics of Hermoine. Very cute!

Mama Spark said...

I do hope Hermoine un0origamied alright! Aren't cats hysterical? Any box,any box at all must be layed in!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Like you need another comment. Let's see if this works.

Michelle said...

What pretty gifts!

I hope you are enjoying your week!

Hugs,
Michelle

susan m hinckley said...

Hard to get a comment in edgewise around here, Allie! But you DO seem to get the best mail on the planet. What's your secret? Just being you, I guess. And you certainly tickled me with those kitty photos!

Shasta said...

They are lovely goodies. The chocolate bees are adorable - how can you not love bees after that!

Cheryll said...

How did "H" ever fit in ThErE! Amazing! Nice gifts too! :)

beth said...

Love the picture of the cat in the box.

Patrice said...

The pictures in your blog are so colorful and sweet and make me feel so happy after looking at them! The kitty pictures are just so "purrfect" as well. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Have a good week, Allie!

soggibottom said...

Our son has a phobia about bee's and wasps. He never goes out into the garden in the Summer if he can help it. Might not help as we have so many bee boxes scattered around. :-) BUT, no bee's, no flowers ect. :-)
So pleased everything got to you safely Allie. As for your beautiful puss. What a picture. If you ever want her to visit here, would love to see her :-)xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...