Monday, April 18, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

 Well, that's how it's supposed to work, anyway.  This is what greeted me when I woke:

DSC02609    2
DSC02610    2

NOT the kind of April showers you want to see.  But then the mailman was knocking at the door, and in his hand was a package containing this:

DSC02611    2
DSC02613    2

From the lovely Fiona!  If ever there was a day I needed this reminder, it was today!  Thank you darling Fiona, I love it so so much, you have brightened my day and my sewing room forever.  I had just been admiring this yesterday on her blog, lol!  Her stitching is just perfection.  And isn't the little bunny card cute??

I said I would have some tutorial links for you, and I do.  Carmen and Sandra have been very busy.  Thank you ladies, some great links here!

From the Purl Bee, a mini churn dash quilt.

From Make Baby Stuff, a darling Christmas elf.

From Obsessively Stitching, cute angry birds!

From A Spoonful of Sugar, a quick notebook cover.

From Thimble, a travel organizer.

From Fireflies and Jellybeans, a travel first aid kit.

From Popular Patchwork, a simple sewing companion.

From A Time to Stitch, a potato bag.

From Skip To My Lou, a pleated zipper pouch.

From Two Wacky Women, a steno notepad cover - scroll down, it's a button on the right side.

From During Quiet Time, a manicure kit.

From Make It Do, lavender eye pillows.

From IKatBag, a strawberry bag - cute!

From Notes From A Very Red Kitchen, headbands.

From Simply Sewn by Yvonne, a shoe tote bag.

From Precious Cupcakes, a darling tutu.

From Tutu Today, a fairy wand.

From Gingercake, a play mat/messenger bag for boys.

From All Free Sewing, a teeny tiny tote - this would be great for a special doll for a little girl.

From Dandelions and Lace, marshmallow chick plushies and marshmallow bunny plushies.

From Gluesticks, a bag and matching wallet.

From Brynwood Needleworks, really really cute stuff - a scissors bunny, dove mug mat, acorn ornament and more.

Wow that's a long list.  I hope there's something there to inspire you.  How are you coming with your Christmas stitching?  I haven't started mine yet.  Queen of the Last Minute, that's me.  I do have an idea buzzing around in my head for a tutorial though, hopefully I'll get to that in the next couple of days.

Please keep those in our Southern states in your prayers - over 240 tornadoes in the past few days in 6 states, at least 44 people have died.  The damage is incredible.  And there's another round coming.  Be safe, wherever in the world you are!

33 comments:

CJ said...

I woke to snow as well BUT it was not sticking at all. YOU got some serious spring snow! But God is sooooo good! Look at that sweet packaged that arrived in TODAY'S mail for you! Perfect.
Praying for those in tornado alley. A gal that I 'know' online has family that has been affected.

Heather x said...

Oh my friend I would be upset if I got up to snow in spring....UK has had enough snow this winter gone to last a lifetime, we are currently enjoying a mini heatwave :)
I read online this morning about the tornado's, they are sure having it rough in the southern states this year.
Keep well babe :)
*hugs* Heather x

Sandra :) said...

You forgot to put up the force field to keep the snow away - sheesh, how many times do I have to tell you to ENABLE THE FORCE FIELD!! (Hmmm perhaps I watch too much Stargate? LOL!)

Thankfully our all day snow-a-thon yesterday didn't result in any LASTING snow, but we're not out of the woods yet. Spring will be a welcome sight when she finally does boot Mr. Winter in the behind this year! Fiona's project is totally adorable - I'm sure it put a big smile on your face!

Michelle said...

I couldn't help but bust out giggling when I saw pictures of the snow!!! Is is ever going to go away? Well, like your gift says...Spring always comes!

Kiera said...

I'm looking at it snow here now....all on my just up daffodils!

West Michigan Quilter said...

You gotta love Michigan. Hey, I love all those links. I'll have to tell my readers to come see your post today!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I'm so sorry Spring is taking it's time to get to you. But when it does, you will enjoy it all the more. Thanks for all the great links!

WoolenSails said...

I am glad we have no more snow, I have had enough of that. I am enjoying getting out and seeing all of the birds and animals coming out for spring.

Debbie

Linda said...

I know, can you believe the snow??? Took me 40 minutes longer to get to the eye doctor this morning!!

Love the stitchery!!

Loralynn said...

Our weather is ridiculious! I soooo want spring! Thanks for the list of tutes...lots of new ones to me!

Cheryl said...

Oh no!! I'm afraid that our snow we had over a week ago...finally made it to you. Have to say your pictures are beautiful though. How sweet of Fionna, and yes her handwork is amazing!!! I can just see that in your wonderful creative space. Off to check out the new tutorials.

Cheryl said...

ps...and definitely thoughts and prayers for those in South. So much damage, it's hard to imagine.

Cheryl said...

ps...and definitely thoughts and prayers for those in South. So much damage, it's hard to imagine.

shez said...

what a lovely parcel to receive,and the snow is so beautiful

Cyndi said...

Oh my gosh, Allie...if I had woken up to that this morning I would have been like the groundhog and gone back into hibernation! It was almost 80 here today.

What an absolutely darling stitchery you received from Fiona. She's the best, isn't she, and so, so talented.

Oh, and so funny... that wallet that Gluesticks made is from my tutorial! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

BubzRugz said...

I know you are tired of snow but it does look so pretty.... glad the promise of Spring is enjoyed... and thanks to you I have just added 8 things to my want to do list!!
Hugz

BubzRugz said...

PS... have seen some of the tornado damage on TV - horrific...

Penny said...

I guess Mother Nature is taking things slow this year ! Thanks for the links :)

upstateLisa said...

Yikes! I will cry if that white stuff falls here! When my husband graduated in May, 1996, it snowed that morning in central NY... sad but true. Love your spring treats!

Val said...

Snow???? It was 80 degrees here and sunny! I wanted to be outside so bad. Now I LOVE snow too! Love your goodies in the mail too!
You have so many friends and are so blessed. Thanks for tutorials!!!

Shari said...

The snow won't last long this time of year - think of it as water for the garden! Soon those blooms will be popping up everywhere!

Wendy said...

Wow, check out that snow!! It's full blown spring over here... Great parcel to receive! I saw the stitching on Fiona's blog, it's gorgeous. Thanks for the list of links. I might be doing one later this week as I have NOTHING to post!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Snow in April? That's just not right.

Fiona did a wonderful job on the Spring wall hanging. I love seeing everyone's in the hoop projects.

Thanks for the list of tutorials!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Snow?! I guess it is better than the storms we've been having. The last couple of years we had very few big storms with tornados and this year it's making up for lost time. One of our daughter's professor's house was damaged on Friday, but luckily no one hurt.

Heading off to look at the links! Thanks for such a big list of options.

Talin's Corner said...

I love the Spring stitchery you received. Her letters are just perfect.

Yes, that was a very long list. And I thank you for putting it together. I went through them and have found some new projects. Thanks again.

em's scrapbag said...

Your spring is looking like mine. The stitchery is delighful. A good reminder.

Carrie P. said...

Lots of my blogger friends are seeing snow. Sorry spring hasn't arrived for you yet but the little package you got says the truth. Spring always comes.:D

I am sure I will find more I want to make from your new list.

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

Gosh, snow and tornados, hope the weather clears soon. Beautiful stitchery. Thanks for all those wonderful links.

Allie said...

We've been having April snow here too. I'm so ready for summer. What a fun package to brighten up your day!

Lyn said...

Hello Allie, lovely gift...our weather patterns have changed so....we had no Summer to speak of....the other day a months rain in seven hours...Hugs Lyn

Michelle May (Shell) said...

I can't believe you had snow! Oh my gosh!! Fun tutorials girlfriend. Thanks for sharing!
xx, shell

Joanne Lendaro said...

NO!! I will NOT click on the links I am sooooo far behind right now!! lol!! they are soooo tempting! I will remember they are here and come again for a sneak peek!! We had snow too...I'm sick of it!! I don't think NH has spring.... =(

Mama Pea said...

Oh, that is cute. Thank goodness we got some sun today. This weather is seriously getting on my nerves, and I'm not one who's usually bothered by such!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...