Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday

Teaming up with Cheryl again for another Tickled Pink Tuesday - hope you can join us!

Remember back in the beginning of March, I told you how much I loved this month?  Well, not only because it ushers in spring [supposedly, can't see it here yet], but because it's my birthday month.  I was born at 11:55pm on the very last day - five more minutes and I would have been an April Fool baby.  Thankful that I'm not doesn't even begin to describe it.

I was going to wait til the last day and tell you that, but I'm tickled today and I wanted to show you.  Two of the sweetest friends in the world have blessed me.

Terry from Terry's Treasures made and sent me this gorgeous table topper and pincushion....

DSC02472    2

Look at the pins!

DSC02498    2

Personally, I think the table topper is too pretty to put on a table, where something might spill on it.  So I'm going to hang it on the wall where I can look at it all the time and it will be safe.  Don't you just love the colors???  The pincushion has already been used - I've only ever had one, and when I pin stuff on my table I always forget to take it with me across the room to my sewing machine.  You really do need two!  Thank you so much Terry, you are an absolute angel.

Then Carrie from A Passion For Applique sent me this...

DSC02494    2

Can you read what it says across the top?  The SUMMERTIME Issue.  I told Carrie they should have called it the Allie Issue - because I just love everything in here!  Look at these projects!

DSC02492    2
DSC02490    2
DSC02489    2
DSC02488    2
DSC02486    2
DSC02483    2

Does Carrie know me too well or what?  Thank you Carrie, I've plotted out my entire summer in the sewing room!  You're a doll!

These beautiful gals got me to thinking about friendships.  How important they are, and what a blessing.  Where would we be without them?  Can you imagine life without your friends?  I cannot.  They're as essential to me as breathing.  And yet, I'm a terrible friend - I missed both of these gals' birthdays.  Can I be a better friend?  Yes I can, and I'm so thankful to everyone who inspires me to be better.  That's what friends do - they don't look down on you, they lift you up, and inspire and motivate you to be your best.  So today I want to thank each and every one of you for every encouraging word you've ever spoken to me, every gesture of kindness, every smile you've given me.  May I never forget to strive to be a better friend, to pass along that kindness, to always smile at you first.  You are so important to me.

Consider yourself hugged.

29 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Happy Birthday in advance! You sure do have wonderful friends. That table topper is lovely. Like you, I think I'd use it as a wall hanging. Love that magazine too. Wish we could get it here in GR. A big birthday hug for you!

susan m hinckley said...

Happy almost-birthday, Allie! I hope the party is in full swing. When I used to work as a project designer, the editors would send me all the international magazines for inspiration, and I loved them! Looks like you've got plenty of good eye candy there to keep you busy.

And I count you as one of the kindest blog friends (which are real, btw) I've ever met. Glad you were born!

Shiree said...

Oh Allie, I just hope you have the most super birthday ever, you are certainly off to a great start. So now we all expect to see some great creations from your down under mag!!

Cheryl said...

I can see why you are tickled...wonderful gifties and wonderful friends...and I must say you are a wonderful friend to all us bloggers! ((hugs)) to you.

Cyndi said...

Oh Allie.... don't be too hard on yourself...I for one KNOW you are a fantastic friend! :o) And I'm sure that Terry and Carrie feel that way, too!

What awesome gifts. That table topper and pin cushion Terry made are so cute. I don't blame you for wanting to put it up on the wall where you can look at it all the time. And that magazine is heavenly. There are some fabulous projects in there.... and seeing that tote with the fish make me remember that I found the perfect fabric at the thrift store....it's actually a shower curtain but there is lots of great fabric in an aqua with fish all over it. I'm sending it to you so you can make that bag!

Also, keep checking your e-mail because you should be receiving something from me today - or tomorrow at the very latest! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful goodies from friends.
A Happy Birthday to you!
I will email you when I get the photo of your design in.

Debbie

Jeanette said...

Some wonderful gifts you received. The topper & pincushion are gorgeous. Happy Stitching,

BubzRugz said...

My hubz shares the same birthday as you... but I always knew you were special anyway!! Lovely presents... the Homespun is definitely my favourite magazine at the moment.... enjoy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
Hugz Hugz Hugz

Linda said...

Cute, cute pincushion! Love the table topper too AND a great magazine full of eye candy! Awesome bday gifts! Happy early bday!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Happy Birthday, Allie! That was so sweet of your friends to send those goodies to you. Don't you just love a new magazine to sit down and look at with a cup of tea?

Mary-Kay said...

That's the cutest pin cushion I'be seen in a while. If I forget, Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day.

shez said...

what a beautiful post Allie

Mama Pea said...

Happy upcoming birthday! Those are such wonderful gifts. How special!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Better to be early than late...lol! Those really are wonderful gifts. Terry is such a sweet person! I just adore her.

Oh, I want to congratulate you on your auction, you raised a lot of money.

Terry said...

You're so welcome Allie! Thank you for being my friend! And I love the magazine you got! You're right...it's so you with all those beach themed projects in it! :0)

Sew Useful Designs said...

Ooh!!! Allie! Allie! Allie!

I LOVED that hug!!!!! You are a dear sweet friend darling, an inspiration and a gorgeous person... loves ya to bits!!!

Have a great day sweetie! Hugs in abundance!!!!
Vikki xoxooxxo

Val said...

What lovely gifts from your friends. The table topper is my favourite design and Homespun is one of my favourite mags. There is lots of good reading and lots of projects to dream about in that hot summer issue. Happy Birthday for the 31st.
Hugs from Val

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Happy Birthday!!! I completely understand your relief at not being born April 1st - LOL

Lovely presents to enjoy and inspire you ~ friends do sustain and fill a need in all of our lives! Here's a special birthday smile O_O just for you!

Patrice said...

Happy Birthday, Allie! I don't think I ever thanked you for the lovely fall decoration that you made and sent me from the HSC auction. Missed you and HSC so much! Let me know how you're doing! Hugs, Patrice

jan said...

I think we all need to be reminded to be a better friend from time to time. Have a great birthday! I hope the year ahead is the best one, yet!

Dolores said...

What wonderful early birthday gifts. Sending you a hug back.

Shelley said...

Never too soon to start celebrating your birthday!!
Your gifts are divine!! I love the magazine and beach wall hanging....
I'm not going to be sappy here but, you are my first blogging friend ...And and you always make me smile!
Happy early Birthday!!

1foxiegrannie said...

Wow, great giftees and a Homespun! Blessed girl, you are :)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You give the bestest huggles, Allie-girl!!
Happy birthday for tomorrow!!!!!! \o/\o/\o/ What a blessed day with angels celebrating all those years ago...and what a blessed friend you are! :-)
Hugs back at you!!
Love
Jen
xxxx

Melody said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Hope you receive lots of fabulous pressies - you deserve them.

Mama Spark said...

I love Homespun magazine. Good luck with your crown, I hate those things! You got some amazing gifties GF!! Happy bday in advance!

Carrie P. said...

Allie you are a great friend and you don't need to send gifts to prove that. You are such an encourager to me and I appreciate that.
Have a delightful birthday.
Hugs, carrie p.

Val said...

Happy Birthday Allie! How did I get this behind on your post......again? I want to be a better friend too. Your goodies are just beautiful. I am sending you a hug right back!!!

Sandra :) said...

Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuu
Happy birthday to youUUUuuUUUuuuu
Happy birthday dear Allieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Happy birthday to youUUUUUUuUUUuUU!!!!! Sending you maple syrup hugs and wishes for a wonderful birthday! Be thankful you only "hear" my singing via the virtual airwaves - if you were hearing it in real life major cringing would be going on, LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...