Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thanks! And Other Stuff!

I have to thank you all for all the well wishes, the dentist visit went fine, no drugs required - yay!  I even ate some chocolate cake when I got home - hubby made it for me last night in case I couldn't eat any tomorrow.  Wasn't that sweet?  I hope he makes another anyway, as I have teen boys and they've inhaled most of it.

I'm SO enjoying all the links from my Christmas Club partners, you've all been so busy and productive making beautiful gifts!  Remember you have until tomorrow night at midnight, my time - which is Eastern Standard Time, U.S.  I'll be doing the give-away for Lyn's beautiful table topper *sob* on Friday, along with our April post!

Angela emailed me a pic of her Christmas finishes, SO cute!

angela christmas

Darling Angela, good job!

I can't believe I'm posting AGAIN this week, and will be doing another post on Friday for our give-away.  I have to stay off this computer....I was almost asleep the other night, and a new quilt design sprang full-blown into my mind.  Even the quilting.  I had to get out of my nice, cozy warm bed and sketch it out, I knew it would be gone in the morning!  If I can stay off the computer, maybe I can get some sewing done!  I think the only thing keeping me going in the sewing room lately is the Christmas Club and knowing how awful it would be for the hostess to miss.  My computer chair is just too comfy....and you are all just too interesting!  Wouldn't it be nice if someone paid you to blog-surf?

By the way, feel free to add your pics to our Christmas Through The Year flickr group if you have a flickr account!

I've finished my dinner, now I'm going to go see if there's any cake left - and get a nice hot cup of tea to go with it.  Mmmmmmm......

21 comments:

Shiree said...

Hi Allie,
Oh I loaughed when I read about you springing out of bed, the visuals!!!I do the same thing, can go to bed feeling really quite tired, and the minute my head hits the pillow, off go all my thoughts and I just have to get up and do something about it as well!! ... and yes time wasted (????) on the computer could be better spent sewing!

Cheryl said...

Yes, I'm laughing tooooo!! I have also gotten out of bed to write down some quilting thoughts!! Glad the dentist went well and YAY for chocolate cake.

Nellie put the kettle on said...

Hi Allie, so glad your dentist visit went well, you wouldn't thinks teeth could be such a problem. Had to giggle at your 'springing out of bed' experience, I had a similar one just on Tuesday when driving home from picking kids up from school. Couldn't get into the house fast enough to start scetching.

shez said...

Yes i can relate Allie to spending more time on the computer and not more time sewing i am so guilty,lol.

1foxiegrannie said...

Oh my goodness! Now that we have established we are all quiltaholics LOL I can admit to being just as "good" at the springing up and needing to sketch! I finally tired of falling all over whatever toy the kids may have left in my way and started keeping a notebook by the bed with a pencil (graph paper too for those I can't sleep at the moment night *winkee, winkee*
Allie, so glad your dentist apo was much easier on you than feared :) Tell hubs to make another cake :) And hey, I found the perfect graphic for his bread wrapper LOL!

Kim D. said...

Happy Birthday Allie! I hope you have a very special day!! I'm glad your dentist appt went fine.

Angela's finishes are so adorable!

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you enjoyed more chocolate cake. I've just surfaced after a week of suffering a horrible bug, so glad tto hear your teeth thing went well.

Heather x said...

lol, thats why I have paper and pen at the side of the bed for those ideas during the night!
Glad to hear your dentist visit went well.....I don't well with dentists :)
*hugs* Heather x

Val said...

Happy Birthday Allie. It is the 31st here. Chocolate cake sounds great. I am glad your dentist experience did not dampen the chocolate cake experience.
Cheers,
Val

Joanne Lendaro said...

Happy to see the dentist is over! You crack me up, jumping out of bed, and boy-O-boy is it way too easy to spend too much time on this box!! I'm so far behind, again! I've been working on the guilds quilt show...

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Such good news about the dentist. I spent yesterday sewing to try to get some early Christmas presents done, so I'll have to see if I can finish them today. Really it was a combination of wanting to use up fabric that I had bought and sewing ahead of time.

How sweet for your husband to make the cake.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Happy Birthday! Glad your dentist appointment went so well. I'm laughing too. I love your descriptions. Yes, I spend far too much time surfing. I'm addicted.

Cheryl said...

Me again Allie.....have a super duper HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (hugs)

susan m hinckley said...

If you figure out a way to get paid for anything to do with reading or writing blogs, please let me know! It's my dream job. Until then, I'll just try to keep my computer off for at least 5 minutes per day . . .

Mary-Kay said...

Yumm.......Cake!!

Talin's Corner said...

Lucky you, chocolate cake! I'd hide it so that the boys can't get to it. Is that wrong?

Liz said...

I'm glad it went well!

Michelle May (Shell) said...

ahemmmm...cough...ahemmm....
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttdaaaaaaayy dear Alllllllliiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu!!! And many, many more too! :)
Your gift is that you didn't have to suffer through the actual singing. Yeah...will keep the day job for sure. ;)
Love ya girlfriend and wishing you all the best on this next journey around the sun. May all your dreams come true!
xx, shell

Val said...

Did I know that there was a flickr group??? I will have to check that out. I understand about limiting your time on computer. My time to check in is early morning(if I get up early) and at night. I am behind on visiting blogs but i am like you wanting to make some progress creating.

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Boy I can relate to the computer sapping your sewing time away. I struggle with this constantly, too. I need to find an application to place on my desktop that acts like an alrm clock so I can limit my time. It really gets away from me while looking at all the fun things others are doing. Happy Birthday, Allie! Isn't April the BEST birthday month ever ! (yeah, I'm an April baby, too ;)

Mama Pea said...

LOL...yesterday I was on my computer for almost 4 hours and lamented that I needed to get my butt up out of the chair and get down to my sewing room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...