Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Christmas Through The Year [edited, sorry!]

Let's get our stitch on for March!  I love this month, it means spring is really coming, and it has 31 days.  But we're going to keep our eyes firmly fixed on December - the 25th, to be exact!  At least, for one project.

Our movie this month is Miracle On 34th Street.  Another annual favorite of mine.  Edmund Gwenn is so perfectly cast as Santa, and who doesn't love Natalie Wood in this?  Adorable.

Our give-away gift this month comes from the gorgeous Lyn, from Blue Bird Quilts. She has made the most beautiful table topper, I'm so sad that I can't enter the give-away!

DSC02372    2
DSC02371    2
DSC02376    2

Isn't that so gorgeous?  Lyn also has a free BOM going on, Retro Nine Patch - on my sidebar - really lovely!

So, what to make this month?  Well, I do have some tutes for you!  First up is Talin, at Talin's Corner - a gorgeous wallet - anyone could use one of these!





Next, from Teresa at All Things Vintage - a lovely makeup bag, that looks so much easier than the one I just made!  This is another must make for me.



From A Spoonful Of Sugar, the most adorable little gift bag - cute cute cute!  Thanks Carmen for that link!

Another that Carmen sent, Cluck Cluck Sew has free quilting tutorials!

From Craft Snob, an adorable t-shirt headband, darling for little OR big girls!

From Joan at Ouvrages d'une Acadienne, the most gorgeous mitten mat tabletopper - Joan, I'm so sorry I forgot to email you about asking to use your pic - folks, go see this, it's too sweet!  My mom will love this.

And last but certainly not least, if you need to make things for children and babies or you want to make a lovely purse, Made By Rae has all KINDS of tutorials on her sidebar!

So, will that be enough to keep you going for a few days?  If you have found a tutorial you'd like to see here, feel free to email me with it - the more the merrier!


Today is also Tickled Pink Tuesday - I was going to do a seperate post for that, but honestly, 3 in one day?  I don't think so.  So - what's tickling me today -

IT'S THE FIRST OF MARCH!!!!!!!

This is my favorite month for several reasons - it may still be officially winter, but to me it means spring.  The trees may still be bare, but there will be buds by the end of the month.  The earth is waking up from her long slumber...she may yet pull up her winter blanket and we'll see more snow, but we'll also see rain and the beginnings of the greening.  This is the month of hope for me....longer days.  Warmer breezes.  Not having to wear so many layers.  There is one more reason, but I won't tell you until the last day!

Now get your cup of favorite beverage, browse some links, and gather your supplies - make sure to check your list for who you're making for!  Happy sewing!

26 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I love that table topper! So pretty! I am with you on loving March. It means spring is coming but it's not as busy as April with the end of the academic year. March usually flies by, too! Yay!

Deb said...

I really Love the Table topper! It is beautiful!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Yes I do like the table topper....it is wonderful!

Thanks for all the tips and tuts...gotta love those when you need one :)

Kelly

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Allie, thanks for the tutorials!

Michelle May said...

Oh my gosh! That table topper is lovely! Thanks for the tutorial links Allie. So much fun!
Come on Spring!!
xx, shell

Stitched With Prayer said...

Allie, what a gorgeous table topper. I'll have to hop over to her blog and look around. AND...reading why March is your favorite month has just brightened my day right up. You always make me smile...thank you! Big Hugs...

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love that tabletopper. What a lovely gift for her to give. Thanks for all those links. I particularly like that mitten table topper. I love March too. Means spring is almost here!

Cyndi said...

Oh Allie, that table topper is gorgeous....I think it would look super in my kitchen! LOL!!! I guess I'd better get myself in gear and get some stuff made so I can enter....I've already missed the first two months! :o(

I am also happy for March to be here...for all the reasons you mentioned. And... I know another reason to be happy it's March (wink, wink!) :o)

Hope you're feeling better!

XOXO,

Cyndi

desertskyquilts said...

The table topper is gorgeous. Would love to win that. I love your little projects, though none of those fits my needs for this year. However, the link to the mittens table topper just might do it!

Jan said...

Love your tutorials--thanks for sharing them! The table topper is so nice! We'll hope that Mother Nature has decided we have had enough snow and cold!!!!

Kim said...

Nice table topper Allie, great tut's as well. Here's hoping spring is around the corner.

Cheryl said...

Great links for tutorials!!! I'm with you I love March and I am more than ready to get my stitch on!

GeeGee said...

What a gorgeous table topper, I just love the blue & red combination! Our winter has been extremely cold and I am more than ready for spring! Thanks for the tutorial links.

Val said...

The table topper is beautiful. Thanks for the gift ideas. I am going to use Talin's wallet dimensions to make myself a new wallet tomorrow. At the same time I am at least thinking about gifts for others and that's what counts isn't it?

Carrie P. said...

Wow, what a great table topper someone will get. So pretty.

susan m hinckley said...

I love this line, Allie -- "The earth . . . may still pull up her winter blanket." A little bit of poetry in your post. Lovely, as always!

jan said...

Lots of great projects! I can't believe it is March, already!

Wendy said...

Thanks for hosting this challenge Allie, it's really kicked me into gear! One tutorial that I used in Feb and will be using again was Crafty Ady's glasses cases. So quick and easy to whip up, and you could customise /embellish them however you like, you might like to feature the tute?
http://craftyady.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-for-making-glasses-case-using.html

Sue said...

Hi there! Caroll, of Attic Windows sent me over to your blog as you are a fellow Michiganian!
I'm Sue and live over in the Swartz Creek area.
Always love stopping in to some new blogs and look forward to seeing more from you!
Blessings,
Sue

Sandra :) said...

I've got my list of items to work on this month, and have started "kitting" the projects. When I have the urge to sew, I can just grab a ziplock bag and everything is in it, cut out and ready to go. It sure saves a lot of time! This month I'll be working on book thongs, notebook covers, gift bags, a Rudolph soft book, a few zipper bags and a few other things, lol. I plan on havin a very leisurely December this year! :) (The weather right now still FEELS like December - it's -5C --- brrrrrr!)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a gorgeous table topper!! Thanks for all the project links:)

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi there beautiful Allie!
Happy 1st of March to you too (a bit belated!!!)
Thank you for those wonderful links - and isn't Lyn's table topper exquisite?
Spring sure does fill me with excitement too - an inspiring time of the year!
Hugs and love! Vikki xo :-)

Val said...

I am also so excited about March. I love winter but I love spring too. I think I love all of the seasons but I am ready for spring. Love the table topper and hope to look at some of your links this weekend. You are aweesome to keep us motivated for Christmas. Thank you.

Lyn said...

Hi Allie, enjoyed your post...thank you for the tutorials...sometimes need some inspiration...hugs lyn

shez said...

love the table topper the shape is fantastic and such gorgous fabrics,thankyou

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Thanks Alli --- great tutes! found a couple of ideas to add to my sewing list...maybe I'll call it my "basket list" (instead of my "bucket list" :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...