Thursday, March 17, 2011

Japan Quake Appeal Auction







 Like most of the rest of the world, I have been watching in horror, sadness and helplessness at the devastation to Japan.   What can I do?  What can I give?  How can I help?  Thankfully, I found a way to make a difference.  Jo at A Bit Of This And A Bit Of That is holding an online auction – similar to the one for Queensland – and I am joining in.

I am auctioning my Lemon Tree Quilt.  It is my original design, one-of-a-kind.  It measures approximately 14”x20”, perfect to brighten up any room in your home.  I am willing to ship worldwide, so please don’t let distance stop you from bidding! 

PICT0217 lemon tree2  3
PICT0224 lemon tree2   3

To make a bid, you will place your bid amount in the comment section, making sure to make your bid higher than the previous bid  - bids should increase in increments of $5 US or more.  If you are the winning bidder, I MUST have your email address.  If you’re not sure if you’re a no-reply blogger or not, please include your email address in your comment, in this format – alliehomeschool at yahoo dot com. 

Starting bid is $10.

Should you have the winning bid, you will be required to make the payment to Global Giving, and send me proof of payment within 48 hours.  After 48 hours, the quilt will go to the second highest bidder.  This auction runs from now until March 26th, 11pm EST.

For a great post on how the donation works and the steps to follow, see this post here.

This auction is being held on this blog, in cooperation with A Bit Of This And A Bit Of That.  We are in no way affiliated with Global Giving, that's just our chosen method of getting funds safely to the affected area.

I hope that even if you don’t win, you’ll consider making a generous donation – if not to Global Giving, then to the organization of your choice.  The scope of this tragedy is so hard to get your mind around.  And please, do go check out the other auctions, the master list will be put up on Jo’s blog on March 18th.  There are already so many beautiful things to bid on!

Please do spread the word of this auction – the more people who know the better.  There won’t be any prizes for blogging about it, but you will earn my undying gratitude!

15 comments:

Sue said...

This is just so good of you and thank you for letting us know how to help here in blogland.
Oh I pray that people get involved. It really doesn't take much to leave our bubbles for a while to make a difference in the world!

Shasta said...

I saw this song being sung on PBS last week, and thought of you and this quilt. I hadn't heard it before. It is a great song and a great quilt. I bid $10.

Michelle said...

$20.00

Mickie said...

$30.00

Laura Major (Learning Is Child's Play) said...

$35.00 for Me! :)

Val said...

40.00 for me!!! I really admire you for doing this!

Kay in NJ said...

I am not a blogger, but I do appreciate those that do this for us to enjoy. Also want to help our brethren in Japan - I taught at an American school in Yokohama many years ago and have very fond memories of my time there. May I enter a bid of $100 USA, please?
Kay in NJ

~Laurie~ said...

All right Kay in NJ!! Woohoo!! This little quilt is so pretty - you are a lucky bidder if you are the winner :)

Kim D. said...

Allie, it's so generous of you to auction your beautiful Lemon Tree quilt for such a worthy cause. It sure breaks my heart to see the Japanese go through such a traumatic disaster. I would love to make something to auction for the cause and will go read further.

Jody of Because I'm Me said...

I'm not able to bid at this time, but wanted to tell you that this quilt is wonderful and I posted a link to this auction on my blog.

Mama Pea said...

This is such a nice thing to do. Thanks, Allie. I wish I was in a position to bid at the moment. I'll see what I could do!

Swirlyarts said...

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that I have featured this raffle on Cuteable this morning - hope it leads to more entries!

Lynsey x

http://cuteable.com/

P.S. Feel free to delete this comment if you wish :)

em's scrapbag said...

I've always loved this quilt! You're doing a beautiful thing.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Allie, I bid $50 US... :-)
Hugs
Jen
xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oops, I did not see KJ's bid! I bid $105...
Hugs
Jenny

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...