Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Quiet On The Homefront

Mainly because I can't speak right now.  Today was temporary crown day.  Have I mentioned before that I love my dentist?  It takes quite a bit to get me numbed up,  especially with the fibro,  and he has the patience of a saint.  I never even felt the first shot - he uses a topical first - and as he worked, if I felt anything, he hit me with the shot again. 

It was kind of funny - they had to go under the gum, so there was bleeding, and he put a piece of gauze in my mouth and told me to bite down.  As soon as my teeth touched the gauze, I stopped biting - he said it was ok, it was just gauze, not his finger - to which I replied I had thought it was my tongue.  Didn't really mind if it was his finger, lol.  (And yes, I was just kidding.)

So tonight, I'm swollen from all the shots and my tooth hurts.  He gave me a good prescription though, so I'm clock-watching 'til the next pill.  I can't talk but I can type, so I've been busy reading blogs.  And while I was getting my prescription filled, I picked up this....

DSC02388

I haven't bought a quilt magazine in so long, but my friend Wendy Sheppard from Ivory Spring has two quilts in here, and I want to make them both!

DSC02389
DSC02387

Excuse the pics, the magazine is sitting on my lap - I'm still cold from the nitrus and wrapped up in a quilt.  Aren't those quilts lovely?  You can see MUCH better pics and lots more over on Wendy's blog.   She's really an amazing designer, and quilter - the results she gets on her domestic machine must be seen to be believed!

Like I said, I haven't bought a quilt magazine in years, but after what I went through this afternoon I decided I deserved a treat.  There are days when I wonder what on earth we need teeth for.  I'm sure I could eat chocolate cake without them.

Now I'm going to go watch Everyone Loves Raymond and dream over my quilt magazine...have a good night everyone!

30 comments:

unfinishedquilts said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

I had no idea you had fibro. Is not a fun thing to live with. I was diagnosed 14 years ago and have battled very hard. Winter in Michigan is very hard for fibro sufferers. Can't wait for spring!

Enjoy your magazine.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Hope you are doing better. My sweet hubby had the same thing today :-(

Cyndi said...

Oh, Allie, I'm sorry you're in pain. Thank goodness for pain meds, right? Hope you're feeling better really soon!

Those quilts are beautiful...I especially love the first one. I'm going to have to go look for that magazine. And since I'm trying to lose weight, that's how I treat myself, too...with a new magazine. Just add a cup of tea and I'm a happy camper!

Take care, my friend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Jeanette said...

Hope you feel better soon Allie. Love those quilts. They are gorgeous. Hugs,

BubzRugz said...

Lovely quilts... are you going to make Nestlings???
Hope you feel very gooooooood sooooooon....
Hugz

Val said...

When I read Fiona's comment "Are you going to make nestlings" I immediately thought of you making a nest in a quilt while you watched the TV. I quickly realised she was referring to the cute quilt with the bird nest in the tree. I love anything with birds. You must be on the mend if you are dreaming of what you can make next.
Cheers,
Val

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

Ouch! Hope you are well soon. Thats a lovely magazine, love Wendys designs especially Nestlings!

Karen Wilson said...

That Nestlings quilt is beautiful!!
Hope you're feeling better soon, I had four wisdom teeth pulled in one sitting a few years ago and I got to sit around the house and feel sorry for myself for a whole week!

Cheryl said...

You had quite the day....good to be snuggled up with a quilt and a wonderful quilting magazine!! Very pretty quilts. Take care of yourself.

Penny said...

Pop plenty of vitamin-C, helps with the healing. Take care.

loulee said...

I hope you feel better soon. Yes, you did deserve a treat.

Loralynn said...

Hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Mouth surgery is never fun!

Ivory Spring said...

I hope you feel better soon, Allie! Enjoy the magazine. :)

Terry said...

Feel better soon Allie! Love that last quilt with the tree branch! I think I may have to get that magazine for myself! :0)

VivJM said...

Ouch, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better and talking soon :-). Quilt mag looks good, will look out for it over here. Big hugs (())

Michelle May said...

I know you tooth pain all to well. Ouchie!!!
Glad you got yourself a little pressie to help with the pain. Pretty quilt pictures are always good for that!
Her quilts are incredible!
Sending happy thoughts and prayers for your tooth to behave itself! :)
xx, shell

Joanne Lendaro said...

Yesterday must have been a day for the dentist!! I had my crown done too, and then Happy Cottage's hubbie...wow!!

Okay, well hope you are soooooo much better today. Take it easy today, hugs!!

Linda said...

Hope your feeling better now!! I take for ever to numb up too! It's nice to have a good dentist.

Lovely quilts is right! :-)

Sue said...

I want that magazine! And those quilts. I'm going out today so I'll have to pick one up!

I am so sorry about your tooth issues. Been there, done that a few times! I love my dentist too. He's patient and sweet and gentle. I can't say that about all of them.

Hurry and get to feeling better:)

West Michigan Quilter said...

So sorry to hear your problems. Hope you're feeling better soon. Miss your fun posts. I love Wendy's blog. Like you, I don't buy many magazines, but i had to get this one. Take care.

Karen said...

I like the Ring of Flowers quilt a lot. Good one for you to start on.

Mary-Kay said...

I hope you feel better soon. Nothing's worse than sore teethe. One time I actually bit my tongue and boy did that hurt after the freezing came out. You know when you're not biting down on the gauze, it just feels different.

Kim D. said...

I hope you are good now Allie. I know what it's like when they can't get you numb. One dentist told me I would just have to endure the pain. What! Another dentist told me I was wired differently. LOL The endodontist said, he could see why I was different than most. At least he noticed and put the shot in the right spot, so I wouldn't need 10 shots. Hurray! Have a lovely weekend and I'm praying for the Japanese victims. It's so devastating. I've been through a number of Earthquakes and they are frightening.

jan said...

Hope your pain is fading! I love the bird's nest quilt! So cute!

Lyn said...

Hi Allie, take care...a necessary process....loved seeing the two quilts in the mag....hugs lyn

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh, you poor sweet Allie-girl! {{{{hugs}}}} It's never nice when we need work on our teeth, but what a lovely dentist yours is to be so considerate.
I *love* those quilts! Have never seen that magazine, so will need to do a hunt in Australia for it. I would dearly love to make the birdie in the tree one. :-)
Rest my dear friend...
Love and hugs
Jenny
xxx

soggibottom said...

I like tree quilting too. No matter what kind of tree :-)
Thanks for being so graphic there Allie.... now I know why I hate going to the dentist :-) x x x

sewtakeahike said...

Oh Allie, I hope you're doing better from your dental visit! I'm glad you've found a dentist you're comfortable with!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, hopefully you are feeling better now. I "get" to get a crown in May. Oh, fun. So, I can relate!

Feel better!

Carrie P. said...

Wendy is so talented. I read her blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...