Friday, March 25, 2011

24 Hours? Seriously?

Where has this week gone?  I can't believe it's the 25th already.  My auction for my Lemon Tree quilt will end in 24 hours - Saturday, 11pm EST. 

PICT0217 lemon tree2  3

Jojo has the master list for all the raffles/auctions,  oh my the eye candy over there.  Remember, donations can go to the charity of your choice, as long as they go to Japan!  I saw on the news tonight that people are chopping up the furniture from their homes, to stay warm.  Quilter's Newsletter is taking donations of actual quilts, you send them to Colorado and they will ship them to Japan from there...now, the post says to mark the box "quilts for Japan" but I have heard of many quilts going missing lately, so I would mark them as "fabric" then be SURE to put a note inside that it's a quilt for Japan.  I read on someone's blog [I'm sorry I can't be sure which one] that that is acceptable.  You can email Dana [editor] to be sure, her email is in the blog post.

Mum and I went to visit our friend Shirley last night.  Shirley had Greta chained up, so that we could actually get in, get our coats off and sit down before we got licked to death.  While she was still chained up, mum was starting to eat something and I called Greta's name so I could take her picture....

DSC02456    2

She looked at me like 'WHAT do you WANT?  I'm BEGGING here!'  She really gets some funny expressions.

And just for fun, here's mum.

DSC02462    2

She's my little Irish leprechaun.

I didn't make it to Joann's today for solids - but I did get to my lqs to stock up on the fusible interfacing I use on my stitcheries, Pellon's Shape-Flex.  I really like it, it's like fusible muslin.  They only had four yards so I took it all.  I also picked up several spools of Guterman's hand quilting thread, .50 each!  And some fat quarters on clearance for $1.30.  That was a nice unexpected surprise.

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening working on my Sis Boom quilt - I really want to get this done.  I have quite a ways to go, hand-quilting is wonderful but it's surely not quick.  Have a great evening, I'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of my auction!

13 comments:

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Your Mum is beautiful ~ and does look very Irish :))) How lucky you two are to be able to pals around together.

Good luck with the auction, Allie, and thanks for sharing ways to get involved in providing help.

Val said...

What a lovely picture of your mum. She looks charming.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Looks like your Mom is recovered from her cataract surgery. Yay!

I'm hearing about missing quilts, too in the mail. It seems like a good idea to maybe get some kind of tracking number for sending that type of item.

I hope your darling lemon tree quilt brings lots of money to help the quake fund.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your mom is darling. She looks like such a fun person (do I see a twinkle of mischief in her eye?). I did get some solids, thanks to you. I've never heard of that Pellon Shape Flex. I'll have to look into that. Sounds nice.

Mama Pea said...

I know what you mean about the weeks going so fast. I am curious as to what the bids are up to on your quilt. I'm going to go check it out!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet picture of your Mum. I've never heard of Shape Flex before. I will have to check it out. Great buys.

Stitched With Prayer said...

Allie, I love the pictures! Your mom is beautiful, she has such a kind face. Is Greta your baby? We have two Schnauzers. One is purebred and thinks she is queen of the manor and the other is (we think) half poodle half schnauzer. She was 15 months old when we got her from a very abusive home. The vet was our first stop and she said that she was so malnourished, dehydrated and had just had puppies (but no puppies in sight), but that she wouldn't have lived more than five or six more days without medical care, food and water. She only weighed 9 lbs the day we got her (had to pay the lady to get the poor little dog away from her)...well, we have had her for 5 years now, and she weighs in at a whopping 30 lbs, yes she needs to go on a diet, LOL. She is a pure bundle of love and worth every penny of her cost and the vet bills. However, the vet bills were amazingly low. I think she didn't charge us full cost and when I asked her about it she just smiled and said everything was square! I did call the owner a few days later and ask where the puppies were though and she said she didn't have any puppies, she had a false pregnancy...the vet said, not possible. Ah well, she has been a blessing in our lives and so has the little queen. Love those furry babies. Hugs...

soggibottom said...

Good to see your mom looking so radient Allie....
Also your beautiful Lemon Tree Quilt. Some lady is going to be lucky. I hope your auction goes really well.
COME ON LADIES.... every little helps !
:-) xxx

Shiree said...

The Lemon Tree is a most gorgeous quilt!

Val said...

Your Mom is beautiful!!! And that little doggie is darling. I have been wanting to know what interfacing you use. I cannot find any that is fusible. I don't think I know what to look for.

Talin's Corner said...

Great pic of your Mum. She looks very sweet.

Loralynn said...

I love the picture of your Mom! What a charming, engaging face she has! Makes me smile! Her skin is gorgeous! It reminds me of how my Grandmothers looked...I bet it's just as soft too! I love the personal pictures...they're the best!

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

Wonderful photo of you mum Allie, she is lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...