Thursday, February 24, 2011

*Gasp * Thud*

The postman came today.  Have you ever been to Cyndi's blog, and seen her gorgeous purses? [I will not be held responsible for out of control coveting when you go there.] She is the Queen Of Purses.

Well, Cyndi blessed my socks off today.

DSC02353    2

DSC02354    2

You see that Believe journal?  It's my new prayer journal.  It's staying open next to my computer and phone so I can write down prayer requests.  Page one is half full and I've only started.  The Reese's is gone, [Reese's HEARTS, no less, they were delish] and the charm packs are perfect for a new quilt design I want to try.  But oh....

oh....

oh.....

the PURSE.

Front.

DSC02355    2

Back.

DSC02356    2

Inside.

DSC02357    2
DSC02359    2
DSC02361    2

I told Cyndi I'm throwing out all my other purses.  I've tried my hand at making them myself, and I don't have a hope of coming within miles of this.  This is called The Dottie Bag, it's her own design, and it is brilliant.  The strap is long enough to cross over my body [my favorite way to carry a purse], it's the perfect size, the pockets are fabulous - and of course, the fabrics are too, too sweet.  Cyndi has thought of everything with this purse, her work is meticulous and her design sense inspired.  Thank you SO much darling girl, I don't think the thrill of owning this beauty will ever fade!  Even my boys loved it, I didn't think they would, but they do!  Pretty good when you can impress boys!

I'm off to sew some velcro on my make-up bag, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow with the Mr. Linky post so you can show off what you've made.  In the meantime, go visit Cyndi and wear a bib.  You've been warned! 

31 comments:

CJ said...

WOWEEE! What a fun package to open up! The purse is sooo cute!

Dolores said...

Mailmen can be such wonderful people when one gets such great stuff in the mail. Drooling...

Penny said...

The purse is so pretty! Yes, Cyndi makes gorgeous bags.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise! I love that purse. I'm like you, like a small purse with a long strap and lots of pockets. That one looks professionally done! I'm drooling too.

BubzRugz said...

What a fantastic purse and bundle of goodies with it.... it is wonderfully made... Cyndi is a great friend...
Hugz

Linda said...

Nice goodies! Congratulations!! What fun things. Way cute bag!! :-)

Michelle said...

JACKPOT! lol! What a sweetie!

Terry said...

Love the purse! I have one of Cyndi's bags and it's fabulous! That American Primer is what I used for my Gardener's Journal! It's great fabric! :0)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Allie what wonderful goodies you have received....

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Allie, the purse is gorgeous! What excellent work. Such a lovely present.

Lydia's Garden said...

Goodness gracious! You lucky girl you! I am already drooling over you yummies! Gotta luv the workwomanship on the gorgeous beauty! Now question is, what new quilt design are you going to use yummy charms on? Hmmm....???? LOL
Carmen

Cyndi said...

Oh Allie, you're making me blush! I'm so happy you liked your purse and the goodies... you definitely deserve them, and more, my friend! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Loralynn said...

What a wonderful package of goodies! You were definately blessed today!

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH DEAR!!! Wait, let me wipe the drool from my chin...okay, that's better...nope, here it comes again. What wonderful treasures, and that purse, oh my that purse is so perfect. I'm truly happy that you got it, really I am but can I just say...I WANT ONE!!! *wink* Hugs...

teresa said...

Oh wow.. you sure were lucky... and I'm with you, drooling over that gorgeous bag.. With great trepidation I'm heading over to her blog now....thanks????

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Allie-girl, that bag is so YOU!!!
Hugs
Jenny
xxxx

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That is a fantastic purse. So many compartments and just beautifully done. It sure does seem like before one disaster is cleaned up, another hits, so the prayer book is going to get a good workout.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a sweet, lovely package! Such a cute bag - enjoy it Allie!

Mama Spark said...

You certainly were blessed!! Lucky you. Love the prayer journal.

Tanya said...

Yep, that is a purse to covet! I'm going to stop by Cyndi's blog and see what other wonders she can do.

Fleurette@ Fleur's place said...

What a beautiful bag, lovely gift Allie! enjoy!

Carrie P. said...

How very nice of Cyndi sending you such beautiful gifts. I bag is great. It sort of looks like she used a vintage pillow case for the print fabric. Love it.

Cheryl said...

You had TONS to be Tickled about!!! Sorry you were under the weather. Okee dokee got my bib on :-)!

Mama Pea said...

How nice! I really love that purse. Okay, I'm off to Cyndi's blog to check it out. You better not get me in trouble, now. haha!

Michelle May said...

Yep, a happy bunny dance at the mailbox for sure!!! Fun! Fun! Fun!
xx, shell

Mistea said...

That is a gorgeous purse you received and lots of pretty goodies to accompany it on it's journey.
I need a purse like that I'll just head over and check out what Cyndi is creating next.
Thanks

desertskyquilts said...

Wow, she really *did* bless your socks off! What a nice bundle to arrive on the doorstep!

Sheila said...

Wonderful bag and lots of other goodies , Cyndi is a very talented lady and I won one of her bags a while ago and I love it so much !!Enjoy your gifts .

GerryART said...

Her bags are so very wonderfully created!

RobynK said...

I received my bag this week and I'm over the moon about it. Cyndi has a link to it on her blog but my blog is http://robsews.blogspot.com/ if anyone wants to look at an 'Aussie' version :)!

Lauranie said...

What an AWESOME bag!! I LOVE it!! I just got a tutorial from SMS for a shoulder bag similar to this one, but I like this one much better!! I luckily didn't need a bib for Cyndi's blog...but it was close!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...