Saturday, January 29, 2011

Word Up Sewing Party

I'm a wee bit late, but I'm joining in!


Kelly at Charming Chatter and Kris from Dandelion Quilts are hosting a sewing party!  Kelly had us choose a word a while back, a word for the year that we wanted more of in our lives, something that would remind us of our goals.  My word was JOY.  I want to remember this year that the JOY of the Lord is my strength, and remember to find JOY in everything I do.

And today is the sewing party, where we work on something that reminds us of our word.  So today I'm mostly going to work on hand quilting this;

DSC02180    2

my Sis Boom quilt,  and possibly some of this.

DSC02181    2

Jenny's Give Thanks BOM.  These two projects bring me SO much JOY!  For snacks, I have cookies, potato chips and Peanut M&M's.  Don't tell the family.    No movies to watch, but I'm going to listen to Agatha Christie on audiobook.  I'll probably only have one update, as it's hard to show progress on hand quilting.

In case the Mr. Linky post falls off the page, I'm going to change my Christmas Through The Year button on my sidebar to go directly to that post.  And put the link here.  I'm really loving all your projects, ladies!  Tomorrow I'll post a couple of finishes from other members, you'll love them!

19 comments:

Joy said...

Allie I just love what you're working on, your "Give Thanks" is so pretty and cheerful, I love it :o).
I reckon that's a pretty good word you've chosen for the year too ;o)
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cheryl said...

Cold and snow covered here,(just outside of Washington, DC). Your fabric choice brought memories of a super summer. Keep on stitch'n.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a nice word! So glad you could join us. Love both of the projects. Such fun fabrics. Can't wait to see what progress you make.

Terry said...

Have fun with your hand quilting! I love the fabric you used on Jenny's Give Thanks stitchery! :0)

Lydia's Garden said...

Allie I am joining in also :) My word is "Finisher" as I want to be a finisher this year of all things quilty and crafty; some I have started and left and others are new and timely. I also am doing the "give thanks" from Jenny, but my finish for this weekend sew-in is a project for your February Christmas gift project :) Will send you a pic in a bit :)

Martina said...

Such lovely projects! It is really something which reminds of joy! Joyful stitching!

Cheryl said...

That is definitely a joyfull project!! Love it!

Carrie P. said...

Lots of joy working on those projects.
I just love the fabric you are using for Jenny's design.

BubzRugz said...

Those are lovely JOYful colours you are working with...
Hugz

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Allie - I'm so excited you're joining us! What a beautiful quilt - love the block, too! Hey, can you send me some M&M's - don't have any chocolate here! Can't wait to see more of your projects!

joan said...

Oh Allie what a "JOY' to have you join us...The party is a sure success with you on board! Love your project can't wait to see more of it!

JCnNC said...

Love your projects - I am really partial to bright intense color and especially mising embroidery with piecing. Judy C www.shadetreequilting.com

kimland said...

Fun project and love the cheerful colors!

Jan said...

Your projects are so neat---love the colors and the heart in the JOY filled project.

joan said...

Your work is so darn perfect.. I am doing the Blanket Stitch on my mittena and chanting.."Wish Allie was here to guide me"...
It was good day...

Michelle May said...

Beautiful quilt girlfriend. I do love hand stitching.
xx, shell

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH Allie, I was so excited when I saw you were working on the same thing I was for the Word Up Party! I love your fabrics for the "Give Thanks" project. Doesn't working on it make your heart happy? I'm so sorry I couldn't remember it was YOU whose project I had seen...if I had just looked up one line, I would have known, cause I read your comment...(duh) LOLOL. What fabric line are you using? Mine is from Me and My Sister's "Happy". I won a Fat Quarter Bundle of it. Oh it was glorious. I had never seen one in real life and then to win that one was ... well, let's just say I cried when I got it, LOL. I tried to do the Happy Dance but it's really dorky when you use a cane, hehehe. Hope to see more of your verses when they are done. Hugs....

Ivory Spring said...

So pretty, Allie.

I am finally back online... ;) YAY!

Mama Pea said...

I'm working on that too. Haven't sewn it together but am working on the embroidery. I like our colors a lot. I'm not happy with an aspect of my embroidery so I am a little frustrated right now. Sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...