Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Tutes, Anyone?

I must apologize for the lack of pictures on my blog lately.  My new camera is working fine, or would be if my batteries and charger had arrived.  I'm still waiting - hubby got a great charger and it's "in the mail".  I can't do the tutorial I had planned for you until it gets here, but I will do it!

In the meantime, how about some more tutorials?  I did remember to ask the blog owners [a couple, anyway] if I could use their photos, and they graciously agreed.

First up, Jenny at Elefantz is having a January challenge, and I think it would make a perfect Christmas gift.  She shows how to recycle a skirt into a darling apron!  Best of all, it can count twice if you make it - link here on my blog to be in the monthly give-away, and then link on Jenny's blog to be in HER give-away!  For Jenny's blog, you'll need to email her pics of the before and after - first the skirt, then the apron you make with it.  She has a great tutorial!

Next is Bejeweled Quilts By Barb.  She has a wonderful tutorial for a gorgeous table topper, and mug rugs.


That would make a lovely gift!

Next is Kerry from VeryKerryBerry.  She has a great tutorial on single binding for your mug rug.  I'm going to have to try this, I really hate binding small things.  I make it like I do for big quilts, and it never lays right.  Kerry solves that!

Terisa at Running With Scissors has a great tutorial for a bumblebee/flower pincushion - very sweet!


Great gift for your sewing friends, isn't that too cute?


Stash Manicure is next, Karen from SewManyWays has done a great post on organizing your stash and also has a tutorial for an endless scarf - yes, made of fabric!  It's really lovely, and the ladies on your list would love it.

And last but not at all least - Carmen emailed me some really fantastic links, I could get lost in these for hours!

Tipnut's Crafty Christmas

Craftbits

Sew4Home

Craftster

I believe you have to log in for Craftster now - perhaps not - but it's free, and there are thousands of tutorials, for a huge variety of crafts, not just sewing.  You may want to set aside an evening there.  Thanks Carmen!

That should be enough to keep you going, right?  *G*  Now - I have started the give-away gift for this month - I think you will like it - I hope you like it!  The minute it's done, I'll post a pic.  Enjoy the links, and thinking about who you're making for this month!

22 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

Thanks (I think) for the links!! LOVE the apron!! That is going to be my project for the month!!

Loralynn said...

I love the idea of the apron! I have an old dress I wore in the 80's that was darling and ever so "Laura Ashley" at the time...but kind of...well, not so much now! It's covered in large cabbage roses. It will make a wonderful apron! I have one question though, since the people that I "make for" read my blog, is it all right that I don't put that it is a gift in my posts, but tell you in my comments to you?

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks Allie! I love to visit new blogs and tutorials are always fun to see. Thanks for sharing all the links. Got the coffee perking ;-)

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Thanks Allie. Looks like I'll have to carve out a little reading time today.

soggibottom said...

My word Allie, that lot will keep me going till next Christmas. Thanks.... lots to read.
Get your camera sorted out Mrs... want to see it working :-) x x x

desertskyquilts said...

Thanks for all those great links! There is bound to be something that appeals to everyone in all that. Here's another link for some great ideas. Check out the Happy new year pillow (and there will be other things every month) and the snowman embroidery. http://alegacyofstitches.blogspot.com/

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMG, how can I ever get any quilting done when I'll be spending way too much time at all these great links! Thanks a bunch. Lots of great ideas for Christmas gifts.

Barb said...

Thanks for the links, some of these are just awesome!

Val said...

I can't wait to go look at all these. I have been crocheting a gift though. Does that count?? We have a very sick friend and have been at the hospital a lot. So that is what I am doing in the waiting room. Would you please say a prayer for her?? She needs a miracle.

CJ said...

Hey now, you are giving me MORE reasons to be online instead of sewing! That can't be right. :0

Have a question - on the birdy stitchery - should I stabilize the center square so that my stitches don't show through? If so, should I add the stabilizer (what kind?) and then sew my blocks to each side? Thanks.

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Well, I'm still reading, but I did get my 1st project finished ... YAY! Now I have time to read these great sites in leisure -- Thanks Allie.

Lyn said...

Hello Allie, thankyou for the links, I always love to learn something new.....grin...I am looking forward to Christmas through the Year....after all the drama of Friday...I mentioned to pick up some Christmas Sale Items...and have whole bag of goodies to make some Christmas gifts...hugs lyn

Carmen Thomas said...

Big, big, on the mention Allie :) I love to surf when I have the time and the links I suggested to you are where I go when looking for inspiration and they never fail to provide that. Another really so kewl place to go for inspiration is the blog rolls of my favorite blogs! I have spent many a happy times at the puter combing through these and have yet to be disappointed! That is how I found you dear girl! I think you are doing a marvelous job with this project and really wish you all the best in becoming a finisher of gifts as well as all your readers :)
Carmen in AK

Maricarmen said...

Mi nombre es Maricarmen. Mi blog es palabradepatchwork.blogspot.com. Vico en Argentina y estoy aprendiendo ingles con mis hijos.Me encantaria participar en tu reto de preparar los regalos de Navidad durante todo el año... Ayer inicié una página en mi blog justo sobre ese tema. ¿Me aceptas?

Heather x said...

Looks like you are going to be keeping everyone busy for a while my friend, some great tutorials you've found!
*hugs* Heather x

Kerry said...

Thanks to linking to my single binding tut! Great selection of things to try in this list

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my... those tutorials are just treasure troves! Love that bumblebee pincushion.

BubzRugz said...

Great having those links... thanks.
Hugz

susan m hinckley said...

I think your "Christmas Through the Year" idea is just splendid, Allie! Do I have time? Am I disciplined enough? Hmmm... but could I win some Allie-work? Definitely a strong inducement. (thanks for the links!)

Carrie P. said...

Lots of ideas. Love that pincushion.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Wow - so many fun ideas out there! Love that pincushion - very cute! Thanks for tempting us LOL!!!

VivJM said...

Thanks for all the links, Allie. I just found a tutorial for a quilted wine tote which I think would make a great "generic" present: http://needleandspatula.blogspot.com/2011/01/quilted-wine-tote-sewing-tutorial.html.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...