Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Christmas Finishes

A couple of our ladies don't want to show their gifts on their blogs, so we're going to see them here.  First up is Carmen.....

Carmen's Apron

She made the sweetest apron!  Too, too darling Carmen, what a great gift!  And next is Dolores, she made a gorgeous bread cloth with the yummiest embroidery on it;

blog 116
blog 118

Lovely work ladies, and you have gifts ready for next Christmas already - yay you!  Now folks, don't go over to Dolores' blog to talk about her gift, do check out her blog but don't mention her embroidery so you don't blow her cover, ok?  We must keep it secret...aren't secrets fun!  Remember, if you ever don't want to post a pic of your gift, just email it to me.

For those of you on flickr, I've started a new group where you can post pics of your finished gifts.  That's where I'm uploading the pics you send me as well - it's much easier for me to post them from flickr rather than off my computer.  Did you know that Blogger limits the number of pics you can post to your blog, before you have to pay? 

Tomorrow is the last day of January, and the last day to post your projects to be in the give-away.  Don't forget to link up HERE, add your post to the list!  If you're in Australia, you'll have a bit of extra time, it closes midnight MY time!

And in the spirit of giving all year, I'd like to remind you about an important project over at the Among the Gum Trees blog.  They are collecting sewing kits for crafters and quilters who lost everything in the devastating floods there.  Folks, they need a lot, and it's not too late to help.  Please consider joining in this worthy effort - you can read all about it on the blog.

I'll be back on Tuesday to do the give-away, and kick off February with some tutorials and ideas for you.  We are expecting a huge snowstorm on Tuesday evening, so I'll try to get my post up early.  Supposedly we're getting either a foot of snow or tons of freezing rain.  Ice tends to bring down power lines and kill trees, so I'm hoping for snow!

Be good, be safe  - it seems like a lot of us are facing some serious weather this week.

12 comments:

John'aLee said...

Oh so sweet! Everyone must be having a great feeling getting a jump start on Christmas 2011~

West Michigan Quilter said...

Those are so cute. Love the denim apron. The stitchery is nice too. What fun we are all having, and what a good feeling to get some gifts made.

Sandra :) said...

What a sweet embroidery, and what a delicious apron! Yep, I'd be happy to be on either of their gift lists, lol!

Mama Spark said...

Awesome finishes and so wonderful that they have a jump on Christmas!!

Wendy said...

The embroidery is lovely! What a fab idea. Can you explain what you mean about uploading photos from Flicker?

Joanne Lendaro said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love them both! It sure is fun to see all of the talent out there!

Cyndi said...

Hey Allie! Both of those gifts are sooooo cute! Great job to the ladies. I'll be heading over to your Flickr site to see the rest, but looks like I'm not going to get my gifts finished this month! :o( I've had a bad cold for the past week and I have injured my knee somehow...heading to the doctor today to see what damage I've done! Hopefully I'll do better in February!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Linda said...

You are right!! They are so cute!! I'm glad you gave us a pick!!

Mama Pea said...

Wish I could get on some Christmas gifts! LOL. Sigh.

soggibottom said...

Great post Allie :-) x x x

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Wonder gifts! Thanks, Allie, for the heads up about blogger. I've got many over at Flickr, too, but haven't been using it for my blog. Feel better, Dear. xoxo

Shelley said...

Love those gifts!! The apron is too cute!! and the stitchery on the towel is adorable. Great job ladies!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...