Thursday, January 13, 2011

Calling All Bloggers

I'm sure you've probably seen the massive flooding and destruction in Queensland, Australia.  And sitting here, so very far away, I personally feel helpless - wanting to help, not knowing how.  Fortunately, there ARE ways you can help!



The Gum Tree Designers are collecting "New Beginnings" sewing kits for crafters who have lost everything.  You can read about it on their blog.

Jenny from Elefantz is auctioning off two of her gorgeous handmade, original quilts. Joy is auctioning off a beautiful kit for her table topper design.  Fee is auctioning a wonderful fat quarter bundle.  Vikki is auctioning an entire set of the Springtime patterns.  You can get all of the details on the Gum Tree blog, or their individual blogs.

Toni from Make It Perfect is holding a massive online auction, and all proceeds go directly to the Premier's Flood Appeal.

In the US, Ruth from Sewlmate Sister is offering the choice of 1 of 8 Gum Tree Designers patterns for a minimum $5.50 donation to the Flood Appeal.

See?  Not so helpless after all.  Please help if you can - and please keep all those affected in your prayers!

11 comments:

John'aLee said...

Quilters are the best....coming together for such a great cause. Sending my prayers....

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I have a feeling the situation is much worse than what we see on the news, esp. since the news has been so much about the shooting in AZ. Can't even imagine how sad it must be.

Mama Pea said...

Allie, great job on posting this. I am participating in it by trying to send something over. I feel terrible for these folks. The flooding can be so devastating.

Carrie P. said...

Quilters/bloggers are the best. I saw pictures on the news. It is so bad.

West Michigan Quilter said...

The pictures on TV are devastating. I can't imagine what these people are going through. You are so sweet to do this. I'll try to get something together or make a donation. Bloggers are the best!

Michelle said...

Hey Allie,

I just donated through Mission Australia, http://www.missionaustralia.com.au/

They accept monetary donations through Paypal, which made the process easy, given that Paypal takes care of the exchange rates, etc.

Terri said...

Allie, you're a sweetheart to do bring this up. It is so hard to think about what our friends are going through over there. I can't even imagine. I must decide what I can do too.
hugs, Terri

Michelle May said...

Our wonderful friends there. I hope sunny days are ahead for them. So dreadful what I see on the TV.
xx, shell

Val said...

You are wonderful to post this. Alone we can do a little but together we can do a lot!!!

BubzRugz said...

so great of you to support....
Hugz

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What wonderful ladies - thanks so much for sharing with us Allie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...