Friday, January 14, 2011

Abby Rose

My sweet friend Aleisha at Rambusch Designs needs your help.  She's doing a beautiful thing for a precious little girl, named Abby Rose.  Abby is in the hospital, and will probably be there through February; her medical bills are enormous, and Aleisha wants to help.  She's auctioning a gorgeous rag quilt to help the family. 


I know Aleisha and Abby and her family would appreciate your help!

I'll be back to regular crafty posting soon - I'm half a binding away from finishing our January give-away gift, and I want to take a picture of it to put on the blog.  The batteries for my camera are apparently on THE slowest boat out of China.  I have to tell you, I'm kind of bummed that I can't enter the give-away myself - I really like this one!  How are you doing with your gifts?  As soon as I finish this one, I'll be starting my Christmas gift.

If, like me, you're having trouble thinking so far ahead, how about some generic gifts?  Maybe a pretty trash bag for someone's car, a remote control holder for an armchair, something quick for a sewing friend.  Or an ornament - that way you wouldn't be tempted to give it early.  Pajamas for children are ALWAYS welcome.  Hooded towels for toddlers, or stuffed toys.

I'm looking at tutorials all over the net, and the ones that really catch my eye are the ones that I'm trying to match up with recipients on my gift list.  I would very much like to LOVE what I'm making. 

A few folks have already finished their gifts for our first month!  I am very impressed, and can't wait for you to see them.  I'm going to have an option for you to show them off.  I'll do Mr. Linky, for those that don't mind showing the gifts on their blogs - but if you don't have a blog, or the person you're gifting reads your blog, you can email me your picture and I'll do a show and tell here on my blog.  That way we won't blow your cover. *G*

Back soon.  Please keep our precious friends in Australia in your prayers.

16 comments:

Lydia's Garden said...

Ah, Allie that is a gorgeous little rag quilt and prayers for the little girl. I hope the quilt gets a good response on the auction. Can't wait to see what you are making for the prize :)
Carmen in AK

joan said...

My prayers for the Little Girl...

Aleisha said...

Thank you Allie for helping me spread the word. If anyone wants to participate in this raffle, I have a Donate button set up on my blog, rambuschdesigns.blogspot.com

It's been great seeing quilters rally together to help this family with donations, but especially with prayers. As of today, Abby is off the ventilator and her mom can finally hold her for a little bit each day.

Thanks again!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

That is so sweet - I hope that everything goes well! Sounds like you've been a busy girl - I'll be looking forward to seeing all the fun things you girls are making.

susan m hinckley said...

"I would very much like to LOVE what I'm making" . . . what a great line, Allie! I think I'll print that up and put it on my bulletin board. A mantra for every day.

Terry said...

Howdy Allie
Thank you for sharing today !
Will be praying for this precious girl and her family .
I am afraid I have been watching too much T.V. News today and got really sad for all the suffering going on in Austraila as well as the rest of the world .
I am gettting myself pulled together thanks to blog land and blogging friends like you :)
Have a great weekend Allie .
You always make me smile and I hear my Dad singing in my mind Allie Oop Oop:)
Big Happy Texas size hugs
Until next time
Happy Trails

Mama Pea said...

Great post, Allie. I love so many things about it...the raffle quilt, the Australia reminder, to want to love what I'm making, etc. BE PRESENT!

John'aLee said...

What an inspiration you are to others.

Val said...

Oh my thoughts and prayers are with this family. I have never heard of so many people sick or passing away as I have since the holidays. Sad. I can't wait to see what you are making for the prize and the Christmas gift!!

soggibottom said...

EXCUSE ME !
STUFFED TOYS ! :-) x x x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

soggibottom said...

All our love and best wishes to Abby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kim D. said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Aleisha and Abby and those people in the flooded areas. I like you idea of making gifts for 2011. I was going to try that last year, but failed miserably. Maybe this year I could keep on tract with your help. Can't wait to see what you ladies make. I didn't notice what day your reveal will be? Thanks

Carrie P. said...

I have not started any Christmas gifts yet. UGH!

Carrie P. said...

I just saw what Cheryl at Willowberry designs did with your birdcage design. So pretty.

Flamingo K (aka Karen Schurr) said...

Another post chock full of great ideas for us and others in need. Bless you, Allie. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Les hele bloggen, ganske bra

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...