Friday, December 10, 2010

She Loves Me

PICT0056    2

This is Greta.  She's my friend's dog, and right after I took this pic she jumped up and kissed me.  She's a very lovable pup.   Mum and I visit my friend every Thursday night.  This past Thursday had a twist - I dropped mum off, and then went to the SE Michigan Crafters Meetup, hosted by Rae from Made By Rae and Karen of Patterns By Figgy.  Very fun - although I wasn't able to stay long, I got to talk to a lot of interesting folks.  The highlight of which was getting to meet Rebekah, from Don't Call Me Becky.   She's so sweet!  I think most everyone there had a blog.  Then I went back to pick up mum and go for donuts.  Blueberry filled.  With hot chocolate.  I found my hot chocolate in the car this morning....totally forgot I had it.

Today was a mixed-emotion day.  I went down the street to my best friend's house, to help her pack up her sewing room.  She's moving.  Only to the next city, but I won't be able to run down in my jammies anymore to borrow a sewing notion.  We actually met several years ago, on an international machine embroidery yahoo group.  What a happy day when we discovered we lived so close!  I was happy to spend time with her today, but sad at the reason.

Tomorrow will be spent baking with my mum.  I honestly don't know when I'll get any sewing done.  Stuff is still in piles everywhere, maybe Sunday I can get to it - we're supposed to get some snow Sunday, and it will turn very, very cold.  Sounds like a good reason to stay in, right?

I'm going to go take a look at my Google Reader now, I'm sure it's bursting at the seams!  If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I'm either sewing, baking, or have exploded from eating too many ginger snaps.  'Tis not the season for self-denial!

22 comments:

Terry said...

Howdy
I just wanted to pop in and wish you and yours a truly blessed December .
May your days be filled with many happy moments and unexpected surprises that fill your heart with abundant joy.
Take care now and keep warm :)
Until next time
Happy Trails

BubzRugz said...

Greta is very cute.... sounds like lots going on there.... such a busy time of year....
Hugz

Heather x said...

What a beautiful puppy your friend has :)
Sorry to hear your friend is moving, hope all the packing goes well, Thats why hubby says we are never moving again....it took us 4 days just to pack all my crafting gear and it took up an whole truck just to move it lol.
I will say Merry Christmas now hun, cos I don't know if I will have much time for blogging now its getting so close :)
*hugs* Heather x

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I hate to hear that your friend is moving. My best friend, who was my next door neighbor, divorced suddenly this summer and moved 40 minutes away. It was such a shock after 12 years of seeing each other almost every day.

How exciting to meet Rebekah of Don't Call Me Becky. I love her blog.

Happy sewing!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

It's always sad when a friend moves away. At least you will be able to talk with her. Enjoy your baking.

Lauranie said...

Man...all of that SUPER talent in MI!! I want to MOVE there...I guess I know where there is a house available. :( So sorry for you to lose a neighbor...close crafty friends are sooo rare...I guess EXCEPT Michigan!! HA!! Baking....mmmm! Does this mean you've found your Christmas spirit?? Maybe I'll make some cookies, that always cheers me up!! Have a good weekend! xo

Shari said...

Wow. Lots happening out your way at the moment. Glad you had a quick visit with other quilty ladies - always a good time.

Sorry to hear your friend is moving. Will make meeting up with her extra special. And it's not like she moved to Australia or anything - lol.

I'm off the hook for Christmas baking - it's just too HOT here!

Take it easy and take it one day at a time!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wish I lived on your side of the state and could spend time with you and your talented friends. I know it will be sad when your friend moves. Is she moving my way? You are so lucky to have your mom and be able to do things with her. My mom is with me, but sadly she can't do the fun things with me. Hope you have the best of holidays. Hugs,

Shasta said...

The dog is adorable. Looks like she has one blue eye and one green eye. Sorry about your friend moving away - it certainly does change things. Good spending time with family, and baking, and yum, ginger snaps!

Michelle said...

Not a lot of sewing getting done at my house either.

Sorry your friend is moving away, but at least it's not overly far.

Cute little puppy. :-)

Michelle May said...

We all have more on our to do lists than we have time for. We just have to learn to enjoy what we can get done. There will always be piles. Sometimes we just have to kick them over and enjoy the moment. Sometimes that means just spending time with friends that are moving ;)
xx, shell

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am a bit of a sucker for a cute dog..and Greta is that...sorry to hear you are loosing your friend...thank goodness for emails...

clare's craftroom said...

What a shame your friend is moving . I do think that dog is very cute !

John'aLee said...

How fun to be with a bunch of bloggers.
So sorry your friend is moving away. That would be really hard. Where would we be without our good sewing buddies?

Terry said...

Howdy :)
Wow google likes me today !
I was able to sign in and stay online long enough to visit and say thank you for the follow .
You are such a wonderful breath of fresh air .Looking forward to many more happy visits.
Until next time
Happy Trails

sunny said...

Sounds like you're super busy - enjoy the season. And have a ginger snap for me!

Val said...

That little doggie looks so sweet. I bet you will miss your friend. There is nothing like a good friend. Sounds like you are a busy bee. Stay warm!!!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Aw, how fun! Bet you had a great time. I'm sorry to hear about your friend moving - hopefully you'll be able to still see each other often! Have fun baking - and send me some cyber treats LOL!

Ivory Spring said...

Have fun baking, and STAY WARM!!!

Kim D. said...

Hi Allie, Sorry to hear your friend moved away. I hope you'll still be able to get together now and again. Enjoy those sweet treats!

Martha said...

How amazing to have met someone you like in a Yahoo group who lives close enough you can pop over in jammies. It's sad she's moving, but at least you'll still be able to see each other.

Greta is adorable. Hope you can manage to stay warm and cozy the next few days!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Greta is a cutie and looks very smart :) I hate change and loosing a nice neighbor/friend is a difficult adjustment but at least with the computer it's much easier to stay in touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...