Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cue Heavenly Chorus

Well, I hope you all had a good Christmas, from the looks around blogland it surely would seem that way!  I did too - and I'm finally getting onto my computer to join the show and tell.

On Thursday, a very special package arrived from a very special person.  Midge from Soggibottom sent me a bag that she made, and I'm the only one in Michigan [or the country?] to have one.  I love it so much, and she even put a tag on it that says "Soggibottom".  Thank you Midge, my new bag brightens up my room and my heart - I shall carry it with pride!

PICT0089    2

Gorgeous, isn't it?  I want to carry it everywhere!

And two days later it was Christmas.  I knew there was a box under the tree, a couple of them, and you know what I was hoping for......a new camera.....

PICT0091    2

And not just any camera, but the exact one I wanted.  They're no longer available, but hubby found the perfect one on ebay, and now it's MINE.  I love it so much, I can't even tell you - it fits perfectly in my hand, the pictures are crystal clear, it has a million different settings and manual settings as well - I can get a few different lenses for it - it has ZOOM - it takes movies - oh my.  The only problem?  The camera has to be turned on to download the pics to the computer.  And right now, my old re-chargeable batteries and worthless charger aren't doing the job.  So the pictures on the blog today are using my old camera.  I can take about 5 pics, but then the batteries have to be charged overnight again in order to download the pics.
So there is a new charger in my future - it better be soon, I want to play!

There was also a smaller box from Amazon.com. 

PICT0094    2

I'm so happy to own this book!  Can't wait to play with it, too.

Other than playing with my new toys, it's been slow here in Allie-land, eating leftovers and having cousins stay over.  No sewing, but some planning....I'm going to start something next week, and I hope you'll join me!  I'll be posting about it in a day or two.  Stay tuned!

30 comments:

Sew Useful Designs said...

Merry Christmas Allie!

Wow - what amazing gifts! Of course I LOVE your new bag!!! :-) The camera is so swish! And can't wait to see what you make from the pages of that intriguing book!
Enjoy the festivities Allie - and I look forward to seeing what you're up to in the near future!!!

Love and hugs and wishes for a health, happy and prosperous New Year!!!!
Vikki xoxoxoox

Mary-Kay said...

Nice haul!!!I'm looking forward to seeing your pics with the new camera.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love the bag. Wish I could see you with it. What a nice friend you have. I bet you are going to enjoy that camera. I just got a liberated book too...the one about letters...Word Play Quilts. We should make a quilt together.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Aw sweet gifts! Hoping the charger comes soon! Enjoy - and I can't wait to see the projects you're planning!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Cool camera! Love it when the hubs finds just what we've been looking at :-) Can't wait to see what you are up to!

Michelle said...

OH! What great gifts!!!

Kim D. said...

Nice bag and lucky you to get the camera you wanted. Sometimes those hubby's can pull it off so well. Looks like you got a great book, both Gwen Marston and Freddy Moran have some wonderful patterns.

BubzRugz said...

Great gifts.... enjoy...
Hugz

Heather x said...

what an array of beautiful gifts you got my friend....love the style of the bag that Midge made for you and that camera...wow!! Does your new camera have a memory card? Can't you just use a card reader with your computer, that way you don't have to plug the camera into the computer :)
*Hugs* Heather x (still feeling like I've gone 10 rounds with a boxer)

Lyn said...

Hello Allie, I love your new bag.....looking forward to seeing what you are up to next week...Hugs Lyn

joan said...

Oh Allie Santa was good to you! Beautiful gifts and I can't wait to see your new pictures. I will be watching for those planned projects you have in mind. Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Allie, usually you can get a cord to plug the camera into electricty while you are downloading so you don't run the battery down. You should look into that.

Angiep

Mickie said...

Of course Santa was good to our Allie! You absolutely deserved every moment of joy over the holidays! Glad your holiday was wonderful! :) Hugs, Mickie

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Yippee!!!! I knew you wanted that camera and all of your readers are happy that you got it so that we can keep getting pictures of your gorgeous projects! Does your new camera use SD or CF cards? If so, just get a cheap card reader (I even have an extra one I can send you) and use that to download your pictures. I never plug my camera into the computer. I just take out the card and stick it in the card reader. Much easier!

The bag is so unique. It will be a real conversation piece wherever you go.

Terry said...

Nice Christmas gifts! Enjoy! :0)

John'aLee said...

Congratulations on the new camera! It is amazing what a difference it makes in being able to take great pictures. Hope you have a Happy New Year! It's been great getting to know you this last year.
Hugs...Me

Lauranie said...

WoWee...you are soooo spoiled!! And deserving!! :) Can't wait to see all of the awesome pictures of the beautiful things you make in the new year!!! Great bag...love it!! Be safe this New Year's!! xo

Shasta said...

They are great gifts - a lovely bag, a camera you specially picked out, and a wonderful book. Hope you get the battery thing worked out smoothly.

Sharon said...

Nice gifts! Love the camera!

Sharon said...

What a cute bag! You'll get lots of comments when you use that one.

And the camera - oh, what a joy! Glad your DH found just the right one. Hope you can use some of these suggestions to make it easier to download the pix.

And the book - oh, oh, oh, what fun you'll be having this next year! I can't wait to see what you do!

Happy 2011!

Ivory Spring said...

Allie,

You have a most spoiled Christmas!!! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Alle I am so pleased you got what you wanted for Christmas, and it is lovely.....so what do you have planned...Happy New Year to you Allie...xxx

soggibottom said...

HOPE YOU HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR ALLIE :-) XXX

Dolores said...

Oh Allie. I am so happy for you that you got what you wanted. I'm glad you didn't say that you may have been the only one in North America to have one of Midge's bags since I have one too. Love the book and I can't wait to see what you end up making out of it.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year Allie. I love the idea of Christmas Through the Year, it's just what I need. I have been making a list today of the people I need gifts for this year, and noting the types of things I need for them so that I can start digging out patterns. Your blog will help a lot. Looking forward to seeing the first project.
Lisa
PS, Love the bag!

Lisa @celebrate-CREATIVITY said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on the new camera. Awesome to find that under the tree. Enjoy.

Happy new year to you!!

Loralynn said...

It's so nice that your hubby spoiled you with the new camera! My hubby spoiled me too much this year and got me a nook. Mind you, I'm not complaining, don't want to take it back or anything!!! Merry (late) Christmas to us!

Talin's Corner said...

I can only imagine what you will do with your new camera...your pictures are always great. Congrats and I am glad Santa was good to you.

Carrie P. said...

that is so great that you got the camera that you were hoping for.
Great bag too.

CJ said...

Sweet new camera! Both of my kids received cameras this Christmas and they were blown away! They didn't even have them on their 'suggestions' lists. It was priceless to see their faces when they opened them.
I was so glad to be done with the leftovers and cookies and pie. Oh sure, I enjoyed it all but really needed it to be gone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...