Friday, December 17, 2010

An Abundance of Blessing

I have a bit to share with you tonight, my friends!  First, I want to tell you about a website my bff shared - Missing Money .Com.  You can go there, type in your name, and find out if your state or ANY state is holding money for you.  I tried my maiden name, my first married name, and my name now - guess what - my state has some money for me!  They didn't disclose the amount, so it will be a surprise.  I'm sure it won't be much - it's from an auto club I belonged to several years ago.  You can believe I tried the name of everyone I know, lol.  And found out my aunt was there twice!  You have to fill out a form, including with your social security number, which made me nervous - but it is a secured site - and then you print the claim form.  My friend Shirley, who lost her hubby last year, has money coming to her from her hubby.   She'll have to provide a copy of her marriage certificate and the death certificate to make her claim.  Sadly, the state doesn't pay interest on your money....*snicker*  Did I mention it's free?  You don't have to sign up to this site or anything.  Give it a try - I sure got a pleasant surprise!

And now to blessings by mail.  I'm getting that old Christmas spirit this week, I tell ya.  I got a package this week from Michelle at The Raspberry Rabbits, if you're not familiar with her site go check it out - such beautiful creations!  And one of them is now mine!

PICT0061     2

This beautiful sachet [oh the smell is HEAVENLY], a gorgeous handmade card, some white and green tea, and a Bliss chocolate that sadly did not make it to the photo shoot.  YUM.  Thank you Shell, you are a doll! Go check out her BOM, A Sentimental Journey Through The Months - if you haven't seen it, the patterns will be up until January 11th - her new BOM will start on the 12th!

Today, the mailman woke me up to hand me this.

PICT0063    2

An envelope from Paula at Quilt Happy, Quilt Often - her pattern company is Pacific Patchwork.  Inside was one of her darling patterns!

PICT0064    2

Isn't that sweet???  And I love the name of it - I love 'happy'!  Thank you Paula!  This is on my list for the week after Christmas!~

And then the box...I had won a give-away over at Lyn's blog, Blue Bird Quilts Patterns.  It was for a charm pack of Lilac Hill by Brannon and Patek, and a mystery gift for reaching 50 followers.  OH MY.  This is what it looked like when I took it out of the box.

PICT0066    2

My Christmas spirit came back with a ~whooosh~.  I felt like a little kid again!

PICT0068    2

The charm pack was there, a darling cross-stitched card, a felt Christmas tree pen that jingles [kitty LOVES this], a beautiful notepad, Santa tissues, sweet little sewing-themed buttons, bon bon soap that smells delish, and a gorgeous tote pattern complete with grommets to make it - I've never tried grommets, I can't wait!  Oh my gosh Lyn you blessed my socks off and made my Christmas.  Oh and the market tote that folds up and snaps for easy carrying - I should have gotten a better pic of it, very stylish - and of course that darling stocking!  Lyn, you are too sweet, thank you so much - and thank you for helping me fight the grinchies!

Are you all ready for Christmas?  We are going to put the tree up this weekend, and probably start shopping next week.  Yeah.  A wee bit behind.  Neither of the boys can think of a thing they want.  Trying to find something for teen boys that won't break the bank is hard!  Hubby says "socks and underwear, that's what they need".  Of course he says that every year.  He's a lot of fun to get a gift from [not] - I still remember the year he wrapped a huge box for me, and it was speakers for his garage stereo.  I think I might have to bring that up in the next couple of days *evil grin*

I hope you all are enjoying the build-up to Christmas.  My prayer for you all is for cozy nights by the light of the tree, peace in your homes, and loved ones surrounding you.  I pray that the wonder and joy of the birth of our Savior fill your heart to overflowing.  Merry, Merry Christmas!

24 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Oh wow... excellent wins and posties.... sure is an abundance of blessing..... things come around... you bless others and it will come to you.... happy happy
Hugz

Lyn said...

Hello Allie, glad the little package arrived safe and sound....it was a joy to put it together for you....Merry Christmas Allie and to your family...hugs lyn

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot! That sachet is beautiful. The quilt pattern looks really wonderful, too. It would be a great one to use up some of your stash with.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow Allie, looks like your mailbox has been brimming with Christmas :-) I know what you mean about gifts for boys. I've got two of them!

Terry said...

Great goodies you got in the mail, especially all the surprises from Lyn! :0)

Shari said...

Christmas came early at your house!lol.

Gifts can be hard. I give my girls 'vouchers' that I've made that they get a special dinner and a movie, or a CD/DVD of their choice etc. Or I might state that if they tell me nothing, they get nothing. Or I might contribute a 1/4 or 1/3 cost of an expensive item i.e. camera or electronic gadget... hope this helps!

Lauranie said...

What a way to get your Christmas spirit!!! WOW!! Congrats on your win! What sweet friends you have! My dad found a similar "lost money" sit from our state...I am apparently on it for some electric bill deposit or something and he asks me all of the time...did you claim your money?? No dad, not yet...I figured I'd leave it until I REALLY need it!! Thankfully I am so blessed it hasn't come to that! HA!! YAY!! for getting your spirit girl!! xo

Oh and teenaged boys..forget about it...I've resorted to giving $$ or knocking off $$ from what they OWE me!! HA! I try to give them little surprise gifts..sometimes it works and sometimes I want to SLAP them silly from the ungratefulness I have to endure!! :) Good Luck!!

Michelle said...

What a nice bunch of gifts! Happy Holidays!

Mary-Kay said...

Well, weren't you the lucky one this week. The card and sachet are just beautiful. I love that look. And the Sew Happy pattern and that giant loot box you got from Lyn. Wow! Now you better get busy and show us some finished projects from your loot. I believe that those grommets are really easy to use. I have a pattern that requires them and we'll be adding that to the UFO pile for next year. Have a great day.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Wow - what wonderful gifts you got - no wonder you're getting in the Christmas spirit - enjoy them and your weekend inside!

ptrmom said...

Fun, I checked every state we lived in and one state had $280 for me! WOW!

I found money for several of my family members too.

Mama Spark said...

Congrats on all your wins Allie! I will check out that site too, maybe there will be some free money for me there too!!

Val said...

What an abundance of blessings. I love all of your goodies in the mail and the money!!!!Wow. I am headed there too!!! Merry Christmas!

Michelle May said...

Glad you liked your goodies! Looks like you had the best mail day ever! Oh how I do love getting mail!
Happy Christmas!
xx, shell

susan m hinckley said...

Sounds like Christmas is off to a wonderful start for you already, Allie -- I hope the trend continues. Best wishes to you and yours for all the blessings the season can offer!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a joy filled post, Allie-friend! How exciting aout your windfall - no matter how big or small! :-)
Gorgeous goodies you have received - for a gorgeous gal!!
Hugs
Jen
xxx

Dorothy said...

Christmas arrived early for you Allie! Wonderful gifts.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Jan said...

What wonderful "gifties" you received---makes the heart glad! It was fun to look at them---thanks for sharing! You have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

lapdogknits said...

Merry Christmas...loved reading your blog...
Wonderful pictures!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, my, it sure does look like Christmas at your house. I am so glad you are feeling better.
Boys are hard to buy for. You can't go wrong with gift cards. That's what my kids want now.

soggibottom said...

Lots of Chrissy stuff and lots of snow... :-) ah.. like being at home :-) keep warm my friend. :-) x x x

Martha said...

Okay -- I plugged in my name...everyone in my family...my neighbors...people I went to high school with...on and on. We found bunches of listings and it was great fun.

That little curved pinwheel quilt is adorable. Looks like Christmas is starting early for you!

Sharon said...

Such wonderful goodies you have received, Allie! I think we all still have that little kid inside of us when it comes to Christmas. :) I had to laugh when you mentioned that your husband got you speakers for his stereo! Haha! Hopefully, this time you'll get something that's really for YOU!!! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Shasta said...

Looks like lots of goodies for you. I was especially admiring the quilt you used as a backdrop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...