Monday, November 15, 2010

Time For A Break

I'm overwhelmed at the moment - soooo many designs demanding creation, and going to the Y every day really eats into my sewing time.  So, I'll be staying off the computer so much this week, just checking emails in the morning.  I was hoping I'd get used to working out and it would give me more energy, but that's not happening.  I can't give up going, as I have to shuttle the boys anyway.

Oh yes - I just ordered some Kona Cotton solids from Sue at Blueberry Buckle  - oh my are they gorgeous!  I'd love to take a pic but the batteries are defunct in my camera.  Sue has a shop on etsy called Simply Solid Fabric and I think she must have every color in the rainbow and some I've never heard of.  I ordered the 7 yards Custom Kona Order, you get 7 yards for $36 and let her know in the message which colors you want.  What I LOVE is that she labels each cut with the color and number.  So easy if you need to order more, or want to make sure you aren't ordering doubles.  What a clever cookie she is!  This will be making its way into new designs.  It also came very fast - she's on the ball!  Thanks Sue, I'll be back!

So be good, and if you can't be good, be good at it.  Back in a week.

19 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

That part about getting all kinds of energy from working out is a myth. I've been working out for about 12 years and I'm pretty much 12 years older and 12 years more tired.

But have a lovely week!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Take care Allie...

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Enjoy your break Allie. Just don't forget us :-)

Michelle said...

Sometimes you just have to prioritize. Hope you have a great week.

Thanks for letting us know about Sue at Blueberry Buckle. Going for a sneak peek now.

BubzRugz said...

Have a good week.... you will get lots done... we will miss you but know you will be back well refreshed...
Hugz

Kim said...

Have a great week Allie, I am thinking of doing the same thing. Only my addictions are Facebook and Blogger lol. Maybe my sewing room will get done faster :).

Susan said...

Have a good break, Allie. Happy designing and good for you for working out. Someday, I will work out again....I hope.

Val said...

Allie, Have a great week and a good break but don't leave us too long. I already miss you. Love ya!

Darlene said...

Take the time you need. I'll wait right here. :-)

Michelle said...

Breaks are good...enjoy your time.

Vicki ♥ said...

Do take care Allie and you certainly got some lovely fabrics :) hugss Vicki xx

Dolores said...

Have a great week.

Cyndi said...

Hey Allie! Enjoy your break, my friend. You know we'll all be right here when you get back!

Oh, and I've ordered from Blueberry Buckle's Etsy shop before. She gives great customer service and her prices are reasonable, too!

See you soon!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Melody said...

Enjoy your break. I'm going to miss you.

Aimee said...

Allie- keep up with the workouts! You will eventually feel the difference! When I started back running (I used to run 6 miles a day), I thought I would die but I kept on in spite of myself and now that I'm up to 4 miles about 5 times a week, I absolutely know that I feel more alive! And besides, it's something that you do for YOU! Mom's don't have much of that and you deserve it. Enjoy!

Talin's Corner said...

I love to work out, but it seems that when I do, half my day is gone. Do not give up, you will be better off in the long run. And I hope you find the time to sew.

Kim D. said...

Those fabrics sound gorgeous Allie. Hope you'll be able to share a photo with us when you get some new batteries. Enjoy the time off and have a great week.

John'aLee said...

Allie...take care of yourself! Have you ever tried juicing? Nothing like it to give you energy!
I love Kona Cotton too.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Maybe you were overdoing the exercise. Since you have to go anyway don't completely give up. Try just 2 days a week and see what that's like. Have a restful break :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...