Monday, November 8, 2010

Do You Take Pics With Your Phone?

And then upload them?  If you do, you need to learn about geo-tagging - and how someone can use it to get within a meter of you, by the information from your picture.  This was just on our local news, minutes ago, and there is a website that has information on how to turn off geo-tagging for your phone.  On the right-hand side, you'll see "Help Me Fix This!" The website is called I Can Stalk U, and they are trying to spread this information.  Make sure the children in your life who have smart phones have this turned off!

9 comments:

paulette said...

I can just barely make a phone call...haha...No I don't use the camera or the video or text...in fact when I got this phone I asked for a phone that was just 'a phone'...they laughed at me...apparently it doesn't exist!!:o0
Take care!
Paulette

Penny said...

Thanks Allie. Gotta share this with my friends on FB!

Joanne Lendaro said...

I had NO idea!! I always hate getting a new phone, the kids just roll their eyes at me...thanks for the info, I'll share it with the kids, but they will probably already know about it. =/

West Michigan Quilter said...

I didn't know that. Thanks for the link. I'm forwarding to my kids and grandkids.

Cyndi said...

I'm like Paulette....lucky if I can actually make a call with my mobile phone. I still have one of the old Nokias that is only a phone, which is definitely enough for me since I never use it!

That is very interesting info, and I will have to tell Jeff as he has an iPhone and uses it all the time! Thanks for sharing, Allie!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Dolores said...

Many thanks for this Allie. I have forwarded the link to my daughters.

susan m hinckley said...

Luckily I'm too dumb to know how to do this . . . and my phone is a dinosaur that (gasp!) only makes phone calls! But you're right, Allie -- great info for kids who have the knowledge and the technology, but not enough wisdom.

ps. my word verification is "idial"

Val said...

Oh I am so glad to get this info for my grandchildrens safety. That is scary. Thanks for the info.

Talin's Corner said...

Thank you, I have passed this post to my kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...