Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time To Play

I'm so excited.  I found some textile medium, not the one I was looking for but hopefully this one will be good.  I dragged out the big box of art supplies, spent far too much time sorting colored pencils from the markers that lost their ink when the boys were still in diapers, and looking for containers to put them in.  Mugs will work for now.

PICT0261  122252

I'm ready, baby.  I'm going to try Cheryl's technique for coloring her stitcheries.  I'm tempted to spend a couple of days sharpening all the pencils, but I think I'll exercise some self-control and sharpen as needed.  Is there anything so tempting as art supplies?  Wait - yes there is - what am I thinking.  Fabric supplies, of course.

And sharp scissors.  I got disgusted with my hair yesterday and cut it off.  2-3 inches.  The bottom layer was growing so fast and looking rather ragged, and my theory of why pay for a bad haircut when you can do it yourself for free still holds.  But I do like it.

PICT0264  3325552566 003

Don't try to adjust your sets - this is a picture of an antique, taken in an antique mirror.  The kinder, gentler sort of mirror.  I'm still finding bits that didn't get hacked, so I'm keeping the scissors handy.

We're all sick here, so we're staying home and trying not to infect the rest of civilization.  The weather is so beautiful, it's a shame to stay inside, but right now we're content to open windows and keep the kleenex nearby.  Hopefully lots of coloring will get done and I'll have something to show you soon.

Stay well, be happy - hug the ones you love.  But only if you're not sick.

24 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

You are so organized. Can't wait to see how you color the stitchery. Love the picture. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

Terry said...

Love your new shorter haircut! It really becomes you! I cut my own hair too, although now that Emily's older I usually have her trim the back for me. I used colored pencils when I did Jenny's wonky houses and they look so good with that little bit of extra color! Have fun! :0)

Dawn said...

Allie I love the haircut... looks fab. I cut a few inches off mine too. then I feel good..
I love coloring in too but fabric always seems to get me hooked first.
Hugs Dawn x x

Martha said...

Your hair looks very pretty, Allie -- I like the length. You're lucky that your gray is such a nice color.

I'm interested to see this coloring technique. I've never done anything but crayon, so this looks intriguing.

Melody said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make. Get well soon.

soggibottom said...

How long did it take you to iron your hair here :-) :-) ha ha... you make me smile :-)
I can't wait to see what your doing :-) xxx

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Allie, you look great! You are so lucky to be able to cut your own hair ~ sometimes I get Steve to trim my bangs ;)

Sick days are a bummer but staying home and coloring is fun!

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE this post!! You are crackin' me up!! Boys in diapers and wackin' your own hair...too funny! Love the new do..bangs look fantastic, couldn't buy that dearie! Who knew you were a hair stylist too?? Feel better soon!!

susan m hinckley said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! I loved the picture of the antique in an antique. Which is older? (just kidding . . . couldn't resist) If you're as old as that mirror, you look MARVELOUS.

Mary said...

Allie - your hair looks just great! I can't wait to see your stitcheries with the added color too :)

Michelle May said...

Allie you just crack me up girlfriend! I love your haircut. You look great!
Glad you found the texile medium. I would have to sharpen all the pencils. I'm weird like that and I think they look pretty sharpened in the jugs. I'm so OCD!!! hee,hee,hee.
Happy coloring. You'll have a great time with that project.
xx, shell

Cathy said...

Oh I love that...taking a picture in an antique mirror. I have one that is over a hundred...and never thought of taking a picture in it! Nice idea!
Mine has slight waves in the glass.

Mary-Kay said...

I hope you all feel better soon. Nothing like a little colouring to help you along. Maybe everyone in your house can colour too. That I'd like to see!

Dolores said...

Great hairdo. Aleene's has textile medium too. I bought it once, used it once (I think) and then it dried up. Have fun and show us how you use it.
Oh yeah, get better too.

jan said...

Love the hair! Can't wait to see more about the coloring. I have never heard of textile medium, so I await education!
Hope you all are back in the pink before long!

Fleurette said...

Allie your hair is lovely, I need a good trim too, its so hot here. Hope you are all well soon.

Debbie said...

Allie, you do a great job with the haircut and the mirror photography. Can't wait to see what you do with the pencils! Hope everyone feels better soon.

Valerie said...

Oh I love your hair. It looks great. I sure hope that you feel better soon. I hate being sick.

Talin's Corner said...

I cannot believe how daring you are...cutting your own hair. I would be petrified to do it. By the way, your hair looks great. I wish I could do it.

Carrie P. said...

Well, you sure did do a great job on your haircut. Mine is really short now. I cut my own when I just get so tired of it and can't wait to have it cut. I usually get my husband to the back for me. He does a good job too.
Have fun with your new pencils.

Laurie said...

Sending healthy happy thoughts your way!

PS - Your hair looks FAB!!

Ivory Spring said...

Your haircut looks great!!! You are talented!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love your hair! VERY cute! And, I love those pencils all neatly stuffed in mugs and sharpened! Really can't wait to learn more! Sorry to hear you all have been sick - hoping you're doing better!

Rebekah said...

"why pay for a bad haircut when you can do it yourself for free" - Hilarious! I have had many bad haircuts in the day...finally think I found the perfect hairdresser though.


Love that first photo with your colored pencils...I love all things rainbow and writing utensil related, though. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...