Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Breaking Radio Silence Momentarily...

to let you know I'm the guest artist over at Terri's website, The Drake's Nest Studios.  Go to the Guest Artist Gallery, then pages 2 and 3.  Terri is a lovely person, she lives in a beautiful part of my state, and her studio is just gorgeous - she just finished it - I really want to go visit her.  She is seriously multi-talented.  Quilts, photography, basket weaving - she does it all.  Her blog is here.  Thanks Terri!

My hand is better, I have a lovely new brace [bought from the drugstore] that has a splint on either side of the thumb - works a treat.  And we finally signed up at the Y, had our first visit yesterday.  Am I the only person who is intimidated by new places?  I wandered around while the boys swam.  Today I'm going to try the cardio room, and get on a treadmill.  My mom had a treadmill given to her last week, she gets on it every day two or three times, and has already lost SEVEN POUNDS.  I must try this.  Never thought my mom would inspire me like that!

My brace keeps me from typing much, so I've been visiting all your blogs but not leaving comments.  I hope to be able to this week, I miss you all so much!  It's just no fun visiting and not thanking you for sharing your lives and projects.

Take care, see you soon!

19 comments:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Great interview, Allie! And glad to hear your hand is feeling better (don't reply back so it can keep healing!) The Y sounds wonderful for a year-round workout.

Valerie said...

I was so glad to see you on again. I hope you get better soon. I am heading over there to check you out. Congrats!

Heather x said...

Glad to hear your hand is getting better, my friend, don't go doing too much and messing it up again :)
*hugs* Heather x

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

No. I also feel uncomfortable in big facilities that are new to me such as a Y or health club, etc.

Congratulations on being featured!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I will pop over and have a read Allie...glad things are on the improve..have fun at the Y...

Jan said...

Glad the hand brace is helping---rest is probably the best thing right now! Take care of yourself!!!

Terry said...

Lovely interview! Glad the brace is helping your hand! Enjoy the Y! :0)

Cyndi said...

Hi Allie! I really enjoyed reading your interview. I know you say that you were inspired by others, but you, dear friend, are an inspiration to others as well! I hope that your hand is healing nicely and that you will be back to your blog soon...I miss you! :o)

Blessings,

Cyndi

Dolores said...

Wow, seven pounds in a week - way to go mom!
Take care of yourself and I'll go and check out the link.

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on being featured on her blog.
I have a membership at the Y but have not used it for months. Hopefully soon.Have fun.
I am glad to hear the brace is helping. Growing old is not fun.

Debbie said...

Fantastic interview, Allie! So interesting. Sorry to hear about your hand. Glad it's feeling better. Wishing you a full recovery, so you can get back to typing soon!

Good for your Mom! I go on the treadmill two to three times everyday, but I don't lose weight...

susan m hinckley said...

Really nice interview, Allie! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Enjoy the "Y" -- the best advice I can give you (as a LONG TIME workout enthusiast) is that you're responsible for how you feel during every workout. If it's not being a good day, don't do much. You'll just terrorize yourself and before you know it, you'll be avoiding the whole thing. Do what feels good. All workouts are not created equal! (which is a hard concept for an obsessive like me, but a true one nonetheless.)

Martha said...

How exciting to be a guest artist and have your work displayed -- Terri certainly picked an artist who deserves the recognition!

I'm glad your brace is helping. I have been quilting for a week or so with no flare up of my carpal tunnel symptoms, but I do try to wear a brace when I'm not quilting. It is so annoying when these issues interfere with our artistic endeavors.

Talin's Corner said...

How exciting Allie! Congrats...and I hope you have fun at the Y. I am so sluggish on days that I do not work out. I am not a fitness freak by any means, but I like to to walk and do yoga. It is a lot of fun and starts my day off right. It's great that your Mom is walking...and losing weight, WOW.

Kim D. said...

Loved the interview and your art Allie. Thanks for sharing and also no need to comment back. Heal soon.

Melody said...

Dear Allie,
You are the sweetest person. Thank you so much for saying you're glad I won a prize over at Clare's blog. Hope you your hand recovers really quickly and I will pop over to Terri's website now.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations! I'll run over and see the post! Love your Lemon Tree. Hope your hand feels better soon.

sewtakeahike said...

thanks Allie for the heads up on your awesome interview!!! It's always nice to learn a bit more about bloggy friends!

Shasta said...

Congratulations on your interview. I hope your hand recovers quickly. Take care of it and yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...