Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dreaming Of The Beach

Last week, before my trip, I was feeling kind of blue.  And on the bluest day, the mailman delivered a little package from a sweet, thoughtful friend.  Carrie went to a quilt show and found something she thought I would love - and boy was she right!  Isn't that fabric gorgeous??  And the card too - oh it made my heart sing!

PICT0343    1

Carrie, you just have a knack for making people feel special.  Thank you SO much, my sweet friend.  Not only did she lift my spirits [before I knew I was going to the Lake, imagine that] but she also got me started on a new set of stitcheries to go with the fabric!

Tonight while I was blog surfing, I came across a new quilt-along.  This is a good one - it's for free-motion quilting!  I really need this, I'm not brave when it comes to fmq and I really want someone to hold my hand and tell me how to go about it.  I think it will be GREAT fun.  Unless it comes out really bad, and then I probably won't tell you about my efforts.  Go see Christina at A Few Scraps to sign up - she's also having a give-away!

I probably won't post the rest of the week - we're hoping to go to Port Huron to meet friends at the beach there, and the Woodward Dream Cruise is getting into high gear, for the grand parade on Saturday.  It shouldn't be as hot as it was last year, so we're going to be there as much as we can.  I can't get enough of vintage cars - and there are some beauties!  Have a WONDERFUL week, everyone!

24 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

That Carrie is such a sweetie! Glad you got a lift before your lake trip :-)

Cyndi said...

What a wonderfully sweet and thoughtful gift. I can see why you like that fabric so much...it's so cute. And that card is darling, too!

Enjoy your week, Allie, and have a great time with your friends!

XOXO,

Cyndi

jan said...

Love the fabric, but I would love to be at the Woodward Cruise, even more!

Fleurette said...

Beautiful fabric, I know how you love the sea. Have a wonderful week, enjoy your friends and the beach!

Shari said...

Wonderful fabric and a wonderful friend! Have fun!

Lori said...

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Terry said...

Sweet fabric! Enjoy your week! :0)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Great find of that blog doing the free-motion quilting quilt-along. I might have to join you in that because it is a definite weakness in my quilts.

Have fun on the rest of your adventures and hope you are feeling well.

Dorothy said...

Have a wonderful time Allie.

joan said...

Lovely gift and thanks for the Quilt Along tip.. I joined. Have a good week-end!

Talin's Corner said...

Have fun free motion quilting. I am sure you will do a great job.

Heather x said...

Oh what a sweet friend to cheer you up like that!
Have a great holiday babe :)
*hugs* Heather x

Carrie P. said...

Have another great trip. I am so glad you like the fabric.

soggibottom said...

Ah, isn't that just sweet :-) x x x

Valerie said...

What a sweet gift! I love it too. And it sounds like you are going to have so much fun. I am going to check that quilt along out. I want to do fmq too! I actually just would love to sew some! Ha!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my, that fabric is to die for!

Mickie said...

Great fabric!! Have a wonderful trip!

Mary said...

Boy did I love those beach pictures from your last post! I love the beach - unfortunately, I'd melt at our beaches in the summer. I love that beach fabric - I can't wait to see the project that you whip up with it. Hope you have a great time in Port Huron!

Kim D. said...

Gorgeous Fabric! Have a great week!!

Magia da Inês said...

♥♥ Olá, amiga!
Passei para uma visitinha...
Seu cantinho está lindo, criativo e agradável!... amei!!!♥♥

Boa semana!...
com tudo de bom!!!♥
Beijinhos.
Itabira♥
♥♥♥ Brasil

West Michigan Quilter said...

Ali, hope you had a nice vacation. Sure nice to have a friend like Carrie! Love that fabric.

Sharon said...

What a sweet thing for Carrie to do! I hope you have fun on your adventures!

And thanks for the tip about the FM quilt-along. I'll check it out.

Ivory Spring said...

Allie,

Thanks for visiting. You are so sweet for being understanding about my delay in respond to your comments/emails.

p.s. My email sent to you is rejected. For some strange reason, I have not been able to send any emails to yahoo email addresses.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What cute fabric! I'm in serious need of quilting help so I'm off to check this out! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...